Embracing the Rebuild: Tank Nation, the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
We are only 4 points behind Edmonton and The Islanders ..and Edmonton has a game in hand on us.

Wait... I guess I mean we have a game in hand on Edmonton.....

I think it's embarrassing that this steaming pile of **** is still almost as bad as Edmonton :laugh:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
seems the Sabres have gotten.... A little off track :handclap:

Jobs+in+Progress+002.JPG

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Why do i get the feeling something like this is happening in the locker room.

lou-brown-major-league.jpg

Maybe even with Kim Pegula as the trophy pic.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Haha, you're going to pass us Sabres.

You haven't had years of tanking practice like my Oilers have.
I hope the Sabres never turn into Edmonton, how many first overall's and top 5 picks and you guys still stink?

Edmonton is the definition of what not to do during a rebuild.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Why do i get the feeling something like this is happening in the locker room.

lou-brown-major-league.jpg

Maybe even with Kim Pegula as the trophy pic.

TP: Kim come in here.
KP: No, Terry. I'm not debasing myself to indulge your silly hobby.
TP: Come on Kim I never ask you do these kinds of things.
KP: Oh ya? how about your birthday last year?
TP: That was different baby it was my birthday.
KP: I will not take naked photos of myself so you can brag to Mr. and Mrs. Pittsburgian about your hockey team.
TP: (picks up phone) Teddy, you think it works with a picture of me?
TB: *sigh* No Terry it wouldn't. Put Kim on the phone.
TP: KIM!
KP: I'm leaving Terry.
TP: Shes totally outskis Ted.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
We are only 4 points behind Edmonton and The Islanders ..and Edmonton has a game in hand on us.

Wait... I guess I mean we have a game in hand on Edmonton.....

We have two games in hand now. :shakehead

At least one assumes they're going for Ekblad and we're going for Reinhart....

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013
Oil now down 4-0.

Lowe must be dancing with glee that he gave Eakins a 4 year contract based precisely on 0 years of NHL coaching experience. 4 years! For an NHL rookie coach!

Not that this lies entirely at the feet of Eakins but I think any coach given a 4 year term has to have a little bit of Moses in him, in that ownership believes he can bring a team to some kind of promised land. I don't think the Oil were banking on that Eakins-lead promised land being a legitimate shot at Ekblad.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Lowe must be dancing with glee that he gave Eakins a 4 year contract based precisely on 0 years of NHL coaching experience. 4 years! For an NHL rookie coach!

Not that this lies entirely at the feet of Eakins but I think any coach given a 4 year term has to have a little bit of Moses in him, in that ownership believes he can bring a team to some kind of promised land. I don't think the Oil were banking on that Eakins-lead promised land being a legitimate shot at Ekblad.

Guess the Oilers should get to planning that Stanley Cup parade for 2054 then :sarcasm:

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Edmonton's Tank:
m1-abrams-tank-firing-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Buffalo's Tank
Ha-Go_Guam-captured.jpg

They've simply got a better tank than us...or maybe it's the other way around...these tanks are incomparable. Edmonton's suckness legitimately angers me though...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Oil now down 4-0.

They were completely embarrassed in that game. Looked pretty good in the first period and then... It's like in the Wile E Coyote cartoons where he runs off the edge of a cliff then keeps on going in the air for a few seconds before looking down and remembering how gravity works.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Some nice fan commentary on the Pommers deal:

"Speaking of which, given Larssons inability to stick and hacks play, trade not looking as good as it did #sabres"

Nice little chuckle there.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Some nice fan commentary on the Pommers deal:

"Speaking of which, given Larssons inability to stick and hacks play, trade not looking as good as it did #sabres"

Nice little chuckle there.

People are ridiculous. The main piece in the deal was the 1st, which turned into Zadorov, who's looking like he'll turn out to be a fantastic pick. Larsson will be a steady bottom-6 glue guy for years to come. Hackett and the 2nd are question marks, but that deal will largely be determined by how Zadorov turns out, as well as Larsson's continued development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad