Embracing the Rebuild: Tank Nation, the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Was going to post something about Chevy being inactive last night after the game but the Drew Stafford fight drained so much of my energy I fell asleep. Anyways he (Chevy) has been incredibly nonchalant when it comes to making moves. Winnipeg has to do something. They have a decent core and have drafted very well the past two years but they need to bring in guys to form an identity. I think Evander Kane is gone from that organization by the 2014 draft at the latest. Such a talented lazy Hockey player. For a guy who said he wouldn't watch NHL playoff Hockey because he is sick of missing the playoffs the guy isn't helping that cause much. He got mugged multiple times by Foligno and Weber and showed no emotion. They have a lot of trade bait and a lot of guys that they need to decide if they want to go forward with or try a change of scenery. They're sort of just stuck as an organization right now and could use a few moves.

Question. Would you move: NYI 1st+Grigorenko+Ennis+McNabb for him?

ZeroPT*

I know. it seems like a lot but the rumoured asking price is two top six guys+defensman+top prospect/pick. Not saying i would cuz i wouldn't, just wondering.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Question. Would you move: NYI 1st+Grigorenko+Ennis+McNabb for him?

LOL no. I wouldn't even trade the Isles 1st, which will either be top 5 this year or probably top 5 next year for Kane. He's another Rick Nash type, will score 30 goals on a garbage team every year.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I know. it seems like a lot but the rumoured asking price is two top six guys+defensman+top prospect/pick. Not saying i would cuz i wouldn't, just wondering.

And the asking price for Miller was 2 1sts and a 2nd. Bottom line, it ain't happenin.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he doesn't, in my opinion at least.... he doesn't seem like a guy with a Girgensons attitude.

No, judging by his off ice action and interviews he is no zemgoose :laugh:
I was intending on saying that he plays the game that we need, tremendous talent, and physical force but ya players with his immaturity are not what we want to rebuild around.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
No, judging by his off ice action and interviews he is no zemgoose :laugh:
I was intending on saying that he plays the game that we need, tremendous talent, and physical force but ya players with his immaturity are not what we want to rebuild around.

It's just I recall one or two rather glaring things he said/did these past season that throw a red flag up. Would definitely hurt things in the room.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Was going to post something about Chevy being inactive last night after the game but the Drew Stafford fight drained so much of my energy I fell asleep. Anyways he (Chevy) has been incredibly nonchalant when it comes to making moves. Winnipeg has to do something. They have a decent core and have drafted very well the past two years but they need to bring in guys to form an identity. I think Evander Kane is gone from that organization by the 2014 draft at the latest. Such a talented lazy Hockey player. For a guy who said he wouldn't watch NHL playoff Hockey because he is sick of missing the playoffs the guy isn't helping that cause much. He got mugged multiple times by Foligno and Weber and showed no emotion. They have a lot of trade bait and a lot of guys that they need to decide if they want to go forward with or try a change of scenery. They're sort of just stuck as an organization right now and could use a few moves.

I'll have to find it--I think mc79hockey did it--but someone recently published an article about how the Jets are actually a very good possession team when their top two lines and their top-2 or 3 defensemen are on the ice. But they get murdered when their third and fourth lines are out there with their third pairing, and far moreso than other teams under similar circumstances. The conclusion was that they lack depth, which is death in the Western Conference, and they need to round out their NHL roster with better role players. In other words, trading Kane probably isn't the answer considering they can get that depth through UFA, drafting better, having young talent fill those roster spots, etc.

EDIT:

Found it. It was from Artic Ice Hockey.

On the ice, the reason that the Winnipeg Jets continue to pile up losses is because their bottom six forwards and bottom end D men are horrible. The Jets 3rd line features a player (Matt Halischuk) that is playing for league minimum salary on a 2-way contract. A bottom feeder that plays in the same division as the Jets let him go when he was available for league minimum dollars. They didn’t want him playing on their 4th line and he plays on the Jets 3rd line. Meanwhile the Jets fourth line is comprised of being worse than Matt Halischuk. This is why the Jets are where they are.

The Jets problem is that their depth players are deplorable. James Wright, Eric Tangradi, Chris Thorburn, Matt Halischuk, Anthony Peluso and John Albert are at best 4th line NHLers – none of them are above an assignment to the AHL – yet they all dressing for the Jets regularly. On the back end, everybody who plays with Mark Stuart enters a black hole of Corsi. Their numbers go from OK to some of the worst in the entire NHL.

The Winnipeg Jets best players aren't their problem, their problem is that there aren't enough good players on the team. More good players means more people to pick up slack when other falter.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013...ith-the-winnipeg-jets-dont-listen-to-the-lies

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll have to find it--I think mc79hockey did it--but someone recently published an article about how the Jets are actually a very good possession team when their top two lines and their top-2 or 3 defensemen are on the ice. But they get murdered when their third and fourth lines are out there with their third pairing, and far moreso than other teams under similar circumstances. The conclusion was that they lack depth, which is death in the Western Conference, and they need to round out their NHL roster with better role players. In other words, trading Kane probably isn't the answer considering they can get that depth through UFA, drafting better, having young talent fill those roster spots, etc.

EDIT:

Found it. It was from Artic Ice Hockey.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013...ith-the-winnipeg-jets-dont-listen-to-the-lies

Stafford was at least of interest to Chevy last year and would allow the Jets to start slotting players down. I wonder if he comes a'callin' again this year? They certainly could use the help.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I wonder if we can finally get that 2nd with Burmistrov for Stafford :sarcasm:

Burmistrov is leading his KHL team in scoring, I wonder if he is dealt if he would come back across the pond.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Evander Kane's "antics" are so overblown for the most part, like that whole money tweet... give me a break. I'd easily be willing to trade for him but the price Jets fans are talking about is never gonna happen.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Burmistrov is leading his KHL team in scoring, I wonder if he is dealt if he would come back across the pond.

Jets fans believe that once Noel gets the ax, Burmi will want to return next season and will be welcomed back with open arms. I'm not so sure on either point, as I'd imagine he's burned some bridges with those in the front office, say nothing for the fanbase.

I've been on the Burmi train for awhile. I think he'd be a good add.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jets fans believe that once Noel gets the ax, Burmi will want to return next season and will be welcomed back with open arms. I'm not so sure on either point, as I'd imagine he's burned some bridges with those in the front office, say nothing for the fanbase.

I've been on the Burmi train for awhile. I think he'd be a good add.

That's my expectation as well -- get Burmi back and with new HC, he's at worst a pretty good third line center in the NHL. Some of the off-ice stuff would need someone to check up on to see if there is any truth to a few of the claims out there about him, but his on-ice performance has me still interested. With Noel, he's likely trade-bait. Without...? I don't know if they move him just yet.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I believe he signed a two year deal, so he can't come back until 2015-16 unless he has an NHL out in the deal that he uses.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We are only 4 points behind Edmonton and The Islanders ..and Edmonton has a game in hand on us.

Wait... I guess I mean we have a game in hand on Edmonton.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad