Injury Report: Ellis out a week or two

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Scored my first against Windsor on an outdoor covered rink? Windsor locks? I think it was a prep schools. I went to eastern, and we had a club team that played at uconn. I used to cut class to play in three hour drop ins too. Best hockey I ever was part of. Prep school guys from all over the east coast, red shirts, it was nuts. 2 bucks for 2-3 hours. Another covered outdoor rink.

Twin rinks did suck, played a bunch of men's leagues there too. And Bolton.

I think the one in Windsor is Loomis Chafee. I only played there once when I was real young.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Loomis chafee, that's it. I first started in a converted chicken barn in Glastonbury. Still had feathers and coops everywhere. Kaiton interviewed Roenick, said he used to play on the same rink on Saturdays. We use to play with the older kids, he was probably out there with me. Then it was south Windsor and kingswood for long time. Guess I played most of them too.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Carolina's laceration curse has speard to other teams that come through carolina this year too. Zach Redmond of the Jets almost died on the ice from a major leg laceration/cut femoral artery suffered after a morning skate in Carolina eariler this season.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Injuries suck and are unforeseen however, if Muller would have stuck with the rotation of the goalies, perhaps Ellis wouldn't be injured. Hindsight is 20/20 sure. Normally, the team is actually well set at that position. As well set or moreso than many teams. Ward is a top notch starter, Ellis a good backup and Peters a good fill-in. Ellis is not a great starter in this league and never will be. I for one seemingly in the minority, think that Ellis shooting off his mouth the other day was both unusual and uncalled for no matter what the issues at hand may be. Not his place at all. He did call out specific guys albeit subtely, insinuating that he was holding up his part of the bargain. Not the usual "more effort" media blurb. To me it almost seemed to be setup or a planned and rehearsed post game press interview.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Injuries suck and are unforeseen however, if Muller would have stuck with the rotation of the goalies, perhaps Ellis wouldn't be injured. Hindsight is 20/20 sure. Normally, the team is actually well set at that position. As well set or moreso than many teams. Ward is a top notch starter, Ellis a good backup and Peters a good fill-in. Ellis is not a great starter in this league and never will be. I for one seemingly in the minority, think that Ellis shooting off his mouth the other day was both unusual and uncalled for no matter what the issues at hand may be. Not his place at all. He did call out specific guys albeit subtely, insinuating that he was holding up his part of the bargain. Not the usual "more effort" media blurb. To me it almost seemed to be setup or a planned and rehearsed post game press interview.

So, in summary:

1) It's Muller's fault that Ellis cut himself because he didn't stick to the rotation.
2) The Canes have historically been "set" at the backup goaltender position, perhaps even moreso than many teams.
3) Ellis should not express his opinion to the media.
4) Ellis called out specific teammates.
5) Ellis said that goaltending was not the team's problem.
6) Ellis' interview was perhaps planned and/or rehearsed.

Does anyone else agree with any one of those 6 opinions? Perhaps I missed an Ellis interview somewhere along the way...

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I for one seemingly in the minority, think that Ellis shooting off his mouth the other day was both unusual and uncalled for no matter what the issues at hand may be. Not his place at all. He did call out specific guys albeit subtely, insinuating that he was holding up his part of the bargain. Not the usual "more effort" media blurb. To me it almost seemed to be setup or a planned and rehearsed post game press interview.
I thought it was refreshing to hear what he said and felt he was 100% right. I doubt it was planned or rehearsed. He has always been outspoken and gotten backlash for it, most notably his Twitter fiasco.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
#DanEllisProblems

Loved that event when it was trending. Not quite "#CrosbyIsAVampire", but close.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
So, in summary:

1) It's Muller's fault that Ellis cut himself because he didn't stick to the rotation.
2) The Canes have historically been "set" at the backup goaltender position, perhaps even moreso than many teams.
3) Ellis should not express his opinion to the media.
4) Ellis called out specific teammates.
5) Ellis said that goaltending was not the team's problem.
6) Ellis' interview was perhaps planned and/or rehearsed.

Does anyone else agree with any one of those 6 opinions? Perhaps I missed an Ellis interview somewhere along the way...

Never trust people with all lowercase usernames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad