Speculation: Elliott wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
The Blues won every game the scored 3 or more goals. In every one of their losses, they only scored one goal or less before the other team scored an empty netter to put the game away. Once again, goaltending was not our problem, scoring was.

Personally, I'd make an argument that the series was lost in the neutral zone/transition.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
In what world is Fleury a top 10 goalie?

In the same world that everyone thinks Berglund should be moved. The real world... sad , but real:sarcasm:

edit: I don't think fleury is top 10, i don't think berglund should be moved.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Bernier is not going to make the blues better than what they have in net now. he gives up more softies than elliott does and by now hes a battered goalie.

remember how the rams turned Bulger and Warner into battered qb's with the constant beatings and losing they took? well thats what bernier is going to be like if they get him. Scrivens is in a similar boat too but i think hes a better goalie overall.

they are going to have to either go into next year with the same goalies which is still a possibility or trade for someone like Talbot.

I feel like that's hard to judge. Sure, it's a rare thing, but look at a guy like Dubnyk that just got lit up and dumped on constantly. Then he finally gets to a team that can play a style he fits in, and he was damn near lights out for the better part of the season.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
In the same world that everyone thinks Berglund should be moved. The real world... sad , but real:sarcasm:

edit: I don't think fleury is top 10, i don't think berglund should be moved.

I like Berglund. Maybe this post season marked him maturing and finding that gear that he's had trouble sticking with all season. There are certainly others on the team who disappoint me more.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I feel like that's hard to judge. Sure, it's a rare thing, but look at a guy like Dubnyk that just got lit up and dumped on constantly. Then he finally gets to a team that can play a style he fits in, and he was damn near lights out for the better part of the season.

After failed stops in Nashville and Arizona first.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

Next year he'll be Kuemper 2.0 and they'll be looking to pick someone up mid season/trade deadline. I'd be surprised if he followed up this with a good season as a starter. Halak looked good the first half of the season too. Neither are going to be carrying any team for more than 30-40 games, which unless timed right, is not going to make anything more than a successful few months.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't see Dubnyk falling off a cliff. He's not as good as he played down the stretch, but he is a solid goaltender. He seems to play better behind their defense.

LUF

Mar 24, 2007
Except for his rookie year, Dubnyk only have one bad season and it was last year. Sure, he's not a top 5, but managing .920 with the Oilers in 2012-2013 is quite something if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad