Speculation: Elliott wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

Dominoes are going to start falling soon.

Wonder if NJ would entertain a package for Schneider that included Oshie, Elliott and other prospects/picks or even current NHL players.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Even if that were the case somewhat, what if it's due to his outlook of the future of the team barring changes? That's way too vague with no direct quote (go figure, eh?) that necessarily dictates Brian Elliott's true feelings/intentions, so I'm skeptical as well.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
It's Korac. He's a hack and a ******. If it were JR reporting this I'd be a lot more inclined to believe it. Coming from Korac? I'm skeptical.

I'm not surprised at all. Why would he want to stay? This was his team, they promised him that. Then come playoff time they go with a rookie goalie and screw you once again despite your hard work and excellent play. Elliott is a nice guy, but did he ever get screwed big time this year and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. He's been treated like dirt despite his play and it's a shame it had to come to this.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
In Korac's defense though, he never speculates about anything (because he doesn't have sources or inside info). So for him to say this, Elliott must have said something during the interview that made it sound like he was done in STL.

I believe he will ask out, but that's not because of Korac. That's just what I've thought for the past 2 weeks.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I thought the Sharks were a soap opera but we're not going to be much better.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
A week ago...we were as high as a kite.... now look us(team).

I can do nothing but laugh at this trainwreck of an organization.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I was just talking with a friend about this and he just said that the Corey Hirsch interview said it all; management doesn't trust Elliott and at what point does someone have to accept there is nothing they can do to change that?

Yeah, I've changed my mind on this. There was a double standard when it came to Elliott between last season and this season, and frankly he showed this organisation too much loyalty after the Miller trade. I don't blame him at all if he wants out, and I suspect he probably does.

Question is whether a new coach would change that.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If Elliott does move, I hope he goes to a team with a chance to win. He's a stand up guy and by all accounts is the best teammate you could ask for. I just wish he would have gotten a real chance to be the guy.

If he does ask out, then who the hell do we bring in?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
So Brian Elliot never actually said he wants out?

He pretty much said as much a few weeks ago when he said something like "I use a inside voice when I come to the rink here and keep personal thoughts at home". he wants out, 2 years is a row hes been disrespected by hitch and the blues management. i dont blame hitch as elliott was playing like a wreck down the stretch but after game 5 as I said after I saw his postgame interview, elliott needed to start game 6 because jakes hot streak and confidence was shot and he needed a breather.

If you watch the difference in confidence and attitude between dubnyk's and allen's interviews after their blowup games it was night and day.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Fair point, he has every right to seek a new team after these last few years. Sucks for the fans who do appreciate him, though.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If Elliott does move, I hope he goes to a team with a chance to win. He's a stand up guy and by all accounts is the best teammate you could ask for. I just wish he would have gotten a real chance to be the guy.

The Leafs like Oshie, I wouldn't be shocked if we worked a deal around Bernier if Elliott does want out.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

My preferred choices but keep in mind some of these will require heavy assets being moved

1) Schneider from NJ
2) Talbot from NYR (He will be a UFA)
3) Make a offer sheet to Holtby from WSH
4) Scrivens from EDM (Platoon with Allen)
4)

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
God ****ing damn it if this is true....

I mean I knew it was likely with how management has been jerking him abound for more than 2 seasons now.

But ******* it. God ****ing damn it.

I ****ing blame Armstrong. This is his fault. :rant:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Not really shocked if that's the case, what did you guys expect? We ran with a rookie goalie over Elliott after giving him a 3 year contract, which essentially signified that he was getting the reigns. He probably feels insulted, and I don't really blame him for it. I also don't blame Hitch for starting Allen. Maybe it's time that we move on from Elliott.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I was just talking with a friend about this and he just said that the Corey Hirsch interview said it all; management doesn't trust Elliott and at what point does someone have to accept there is nothing they can do to change that?

Yeah, I've changed my mind on this. There was a double standard when it came to Elliott between last season and this season, and frankly he showed this organisation too much loyalty after the Miller trade. I don't blame him at all if he wants out, and I suspect he probably does.

Question is whether a new coach would change that.

Hitch's contract is up. Like i said in the other thread i don't see how you give him a new contract now. I thought he acted a little like a lame duck all year really but that is just me. If there was some dissension this year (and it looked like there was to me) then having a new coach change things a lot in my opinion. I believe the constant harping about "by in" is really code for get off your %#$6 and play the system. I think it grated some players wrong and the locker room was lost months ago.

As far as Elliott goes i do believe he asks for a trade. Allen is the young up and coming guy and this could be Ell's chance to go to a team where he can start for the next two or three years. I give the guy credit for staying the course though, he has been twisted around like a balloon animal at a kids birthday party here in St.Louis and we fans owe that guy a tip of the cap if you ask me.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I don't blame him, I hate it if it happens but will continue to rock my Elliott Jersey like I do my Joseph one, but he has been screwed over around every corner with this team. There is a huge double standard between him and Allen. This series will be known as a series the blues core collapsed and couldn't score. But yet the first round lose to LA was seen as Elliott's fault, because he gave up 2 soft goals in a whole series. That's flat out *********.

Sharks, Stars, Oilers would all probably be interested.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Don't know now to feel about a deal around Oshie for Bernier.

Bernier is not going to make the blues better than what they have in net now. he gives up more softies than elliott does and by now hes a battered goalie.

remember how the rams turned Bulger and Warner into battered qb's with the constant beatings and losing they took? well thats what bernier is going to be like if they get him. Scrivens is in a similar boat too but i think hes a better goalie overall.

they are going to have to either go into next year with the same goalies which is still a possibility or trade for someone like Talbot.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Don't know now to feel about a deal around Oshie for Bernier.

Oh God NO! That guy is half the goalie Ell's is and we give up Oshie to get a back up goalie? I think this is Allen's team now anyhow and what we need is a solid vet to back up. A vet like Elliot. Problem is they have twisted him around and he might want out. In that case he will need to be replaced. I am one that thinks a 1a, 1B goalie situation is rarely a good thing and Allen may flourish now that he has some experience. That is a whole other subject though. Too early to say who but i would steer way clear of either Leafs goaltender. How about Oshie, Elliott and Bowmeester to the Oil for Eberle and Scrivens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad