Confirmed with Link: Elliott traded to CAL for 35th (& Cond. 3rd)

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Had to get some value now for him rather than waiting for the expansion draft to come around and getting stuck with complete scraps.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
If we are in win now mode, this is a terrible move because we just traded the best goalie this team has had in the last 20 years.

If we are in win later mode, why the heck did we bring back Hitchcock.

No matter what, nothing about this makes sense. And if we trade Shattenkirk for a big name forward, I still don't buy we are better then we were last year.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
The timing is odd though..could have waited a few picks.

Trying to free up some cap to acquire a roster player?

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Had to get some value now for him rather than waiting for the expansion draft to come around and getting stuck with complete scraps.

He'd be a free agent next year. He wouldn't have been in the expansion draft anyway.

ILLSTL217

Apr 16, 2015
Allen is a career backup being handed the keys to the net.

His play has shown he's not a career backup. If you think that then Elliot is also a career backup. Allen also 26 and has plenty of time to develop even more as many goalies do

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Just because Elliot was traded for somewhat low value doesn't mean it's time to take shots at Allen. He's a lot better than a career backup. He's not Peter Budaj.

IXJF1JT.png

These are some pretty Budaj like numbers.

Weird, that's what Elliott was called before he came here.

Elliott was brought here to be a back up. He fought and clawed for every start he ever got.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This really sucks. The pro scouting of this team is just horrendous to think Allen is the answer to anything. They keep getting rid of all the players I like and bringing in guys like Ott and Brouwer who I really. really don't. I don't know how long I can be a fan.

Edit: I'm sure 75% of you will be happy if I'm wasn't :weaklaugh:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Disappointing. I don't think this team could give Allen anymore opportunity than he's been given and I expect we'll be underwhelmed again.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
This really sucks. The pro scouting of this team is just horrendous to think Allen is the answer to anything. They keep getting rid of all the players I like and bringing in guys like Ott and Brouwer who I really. really don't. I don't know how long I can be a fan.

Edit: I'm sure 75% of you will be happy if I'm wasn't :weaklaugh:

I'm livid right now. Can't believe we trade an elite goalie away as a contender.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
If we are in win now mode, this is a terrible move because we just traded the best goalie this team has had in the last 20 years.

If we are in win later mode, why the heck did we bring back Hitchcock.

No matter what, nothing about this makes sense. And if we trade Shattenkirk for a big name forward, I still don't buy we are better then we were last year.

I couldn't agree more. This move has made me physically ill.

I just can't figure out the logic here. There must be some behind-the-scenes drama--perhaps a trade request?--that forced Army's hand.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
The value is fine. I wouldnt have messed with The tándem though. Make one more run and see what happens. Let Elliot walk if you have to. I like both goalies and just don't see the need for this move.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
IXJF1JT.png

These are some pretty Budaj like numbers.

Elliott was brought here to be a back up. He fought and clawed for every start he ever got.

One hot series and his save % can jump to .915....... Judging a guy off a 12 game sample size is pretty bad, especially when he's still relatively young

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
So what can you guys tell us about Elliott?

He's incredibly consistent and will work his ass off to earn every start he can. His team will lose alot more games for him than the other way around. He's a little weak up top compared to some of the juggernaut goalies who can block pucks with just their shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad