Confirmed with Link: Elliott traded to CAL for 35th (& Cond. 3rd)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Armstrong did not like Brian Elliott at all. I don't know why.

And I get why they're doing this, but wow.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This also saves some salary, so maybe we are targeting a roster player for Shattenkirk.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
not like Elliott was a huge cap hit. Only 31 years old. Got us to 3rd round... we are going to ride what... Allen? LOL. What a joke.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
The Blues have undervalued Ells for a few years. I've said that he would be the key to postseason success, not relying on Allen or Halak.

If the return is true, it's BS that we couldn't get a better deal. But I would prefer not trading him at all.

Booooo Doug Armstrong and Ken Hitchcock, these two are going to ruin the Blues despite talent we've had the last few seasons and going into the future. Once again, Stillman with no guts to step up and clean house with GM and coaching staff.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I prefer Elliott over Allen, but I'm glad we traded one.

We can't afford both after next season, someone was getting moved. We all know that wasn't going to be Allen. Better to get a full year of Allen being the guy before we sign him to his extension.

Good luck Moose.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Value isn't bad.

No question that whatever we ice next year will be a step down from Elliott/Allen, but it's tough to judge whether it's worth it until we see what happens with the pick and cap space. That pick could be used to move up, or used to nab someone like DeBrincat if he falls, etc. Cap space might make the difference between having another forward or not.

Best of luck to Elliott. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
I guess Armstrong is bailing on the team next year too. Why does our GM insist on over investing in flakey players and throwing out solid talent for picks? When he completely bombs in UFA and still has all that cap space I'm sure he'll be real proud of his budget.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I guess this beats having Elliott walk for nothing. Not a huge fan of the trade though but I'll wait till we make our pick.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
I hate it too. I think Allen is fine but not quite ready for a decent PO run.
I think we got screwed too. I've always loved Elliott. I'm beyond unhappy and disappointed with this.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
With the names rumored for Shatty, this trade and the potential losses of Backes and Brouwer...how can we be better next year?

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Was the obvious move to make IMO. We were either losing him to expansion or FA next year. Why not get a late 1st/early 2nd talent

ILLSTL217

Apr 16, 2015
Like it. Allen is our future IMO. Elliot was gone after next season anyway. Give the reigns to Allen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad