Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, advance to ECF

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Congrats Rangers fans! Wasn’t much of a series… then became one. Hell of a team you’ve got. Go win it all.

Pleasure competing with you. Good group of fans you’ve got here. (Except a few of you, you know who you are lol.)
Best of luck my friend. This series may have a different outcome if Pesce isn't injured. It was that close.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Said three years ago Canes are not going anywhere with Freddy choke Anderson.
Their other goalie is better.
Rod wtf were you thinking?? Freddy wasn't even very good in the games he won.

Freddy's only had 3 bad playoffs in 9 years, this was one of them. He's not a choker but for some reason he's in the Mike Smith mold where he gives up the most mind numbing goals possible that derail momentum

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Rangers fans, you’re welcome.

Canes fans, I’m sorry.

After the second period (as a Bruins and Sharks fan) I was explaining to my partner how only my two teams had blown a 3-0 lead for like the last 10000 years in sports.

I said I don’t really care about either of these teams (except I forgot Burns was still on Carolina) but it would be nice for another team to join the club.

The hockey gods usually don’t listen to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
The current Blueshirts forward joined Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier as the only Rangers to notch three goals in a period during a playoff game.

Kreider and Messier both did it in the third period, and Messier accomplished it in the "Guarantee Game" when he insisted they'd win Game 6 of the 1993-94 Eastern Conference Final against the New Jersey Devils.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Freddy's only had 3 bad playoffs in 9 years, this was one of them. He's not a choker but for some reason he's in the Mike Smith mold where he gives up the most mind numbing goals possible that derail momentum
yea he sucks when it matters most.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
yea he sucks when it matters most.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Again, he's a lot like Mike Smith where you remember the bad. He just didn't have it this year in the playoffs. The warning signs were there v the Islanders, the Rags were always gonna be way threatening obviously, Rod overplayed his hand in this series with the Andersen starts. Not sure why he didn't go to him after game 1 and that Panarin GWG that was absurdly soft

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Again, he's a lot like Mike Smith where you remember the bad. He just didn't have it this year in the playoffs. The warning signs were there v the Islanders, the Rags were always gonna be way threatening obviously, Rod overplayed his hand in this series with the Andersen starts. Not sure why he didn't go to him after game 1 and that Panarin GWG that was absurdly soft
Bang on.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pains me to say it but it was a hell of a fight from the Canes. I was mentally prepared for a game 7 after that second period. They have some weird lineup choices that maybe don’t seem big in a vacuum but add up to maybe tip the scales against them. Also Martinook is a menace. Would love him on the rangers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad