Wouldn't be surprised if the agent then points out Briere = 4M, then:

Lars Eller: 11 Even Strength points, 17 games, 14:43 ES TOI/G

David Desharnais: 5 Even Strength points, 17 games, 15:15 ES TOI/G

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montréal
Don't know if he's reliable...

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz
Hearing Lars Eller requested $3.1M and Montreal offered $1.650M.

Halifaxhab*

Wouldn't be surprised if the agent then points out Briere = 4M, then:

Lars Eller: 11 Even Strength points, 17 games, 14:43 ES TOI/G

David Desharnais: 5 Even Strength points, 17 games, 15:15 ES TOI/G

Briere was a UFA, who had a MUCH better proven record than Eller....I don't think he's a good comparable for the agent to use. And I HATE BRIERE!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Don't know if he's reliable...

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz
Hearing Lars Eller requested $3.1M and Montreal offered $1.650M.

So Habs are offering Eller less than Weaver, Moen, Prust and about the same amount they gave Bouillon last year.....good luck with that Bergevin.

That offer alone would be enough to ask for a trade....

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
So Habs are offering Eller less than Weaver, Moen, Prust and about the same amount they gave Bouillon last year.....good luck with that Bergevin.

Depends. If that's their offer and they know full well that they'll eventually move up halfway to meet Eller in negotiations, that's one thing. If they truly think that's his worth, we're in trouble.

I've kinda already accepted the possibility that Eller will be leaving this summer. MT/Bergevin never seemed to have a great opinion of him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Appears to me that player come in high on asking price and team comes in low.. Just to create the polarization for the hearing

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Settle down, it's a negotiation. Both parties ask for their best case scenario and the arb settles down the middle(or close to it) more often than not.

Like WTK mentioned, the likeliest number is 2.5.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Settle down, it's a negotiation. Both parties ask for their best case scenario and the arb settles down the middle(or close to it) more often than not.

Like WTK mentioned, the likeliest number is 2.5.
I'm not Eller's biggest fan.

But 3.1 requested ? I'd offer him 3 for a few (3) seasons... 1,5 has to be in view of a 1 yr deal. Or just a plan to end up at 2.5.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm not Eller's biggest fan.

But 3.1 requested ? I'd offer him 3 for a few (3) seasons... 1,5 has to be in view of a 1 yr deal. Or just a plan to end up at 2.5.

It would be in our interest, but my guess is that it wouldn't be in Lars'.
I'm thinking that he and his agent are counting on a big year offensively to try and boost his value down the line.
He probably wants more $ (like 4 a year) for 3 to 5 years on a long term deal. Speculation, of course.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
How many more RFA years does Eller have, two?

Yep.

As I said... Take Eller's number and give him that, but ask him to waive one or two UFA years. 3M is the going rate for nonELC, 2-3rd line tweener.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Ha ha ha ha. Bergevin offering 1.6M to Eller. Saw that one coming from about 10 miles aways.

Anyone still think I'm crazy saying that 6x6.5M is what's on the table for Subban?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It would be in our interest, but my guess is that it wouldn't be in Lars'.
I'm thinking that he and his agent are counting on a big year offensively to try and boost his value down the line.
He probably wants more $ (like 4 a year) for 3 to 5 years on a long term deal. Speculation, of course.

Eller would then end up at 2,5 for one season. But he is what he is --- a tweener.

Of course 3 x 5 makes no sense from Eller perspective.

Analyzer*

Bergevin isn't going to offer a ton for Eller. He offers low, because he wants low contracts to keep his cap space to presumably add no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad