Eller's Arbitration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I would bet that Eller goes to arbitration while PK doesn't.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I think they're going to sign him for a year pending arbitration, and then MB will try to extend him for the same amount. What I'm hoping for is a long-term deal at around 3.5 AAV.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
..What the (((( does the choice "Other" means?

Oh well...
As far as I'm concerned, there's only one "bad" route with Lars Eller -- the two-year deal. If I'm MB, and Lars Eller wants a 2-year deal at this point, well... it's a big no-no, because he WON'T get a two year deal in arbitration, and a 1-year deal wouldn't lead him to UFA status, from my understanding at least.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lars got a 2 year $1.35 AAV after a 28 pt season and is now coming off a 26 pt season but with a good playoff

1 year $2.25MM show me deal

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
..What the (((( does the choice "Other" means?

Oh well...
As far as I'm concerned, there's only one "bad" route with Lars Eller -- the two-year deal. If I'm MB, and Lars Eller wants a 2-year deal at this point, well... it's a big no-no, because he WON'T get a two year deal in arbitration, and a 1-year deal wouldn't lead him to UFA status, from my understanding at least.

:laugh: I don't know, maybe a trade?

Nynja*

I can see them going to arbitration, Habs could make a very good case for a low number, given Eller's regular season.

Ellers agent can make an equally strong counter point:
-garbage zone starts
-wheel of linemates
-no PP time

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lars got a 2 year $1.35 AAV after a 28 pt season and is now coming off a 26 pt season but with a good playoff

1 year $2.25MM show me deal

Eller would probably never sign that -- possibly his worst-case scenario in arbitration.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is there a way to generate a list of closest comparables to Eller according to advanced stats?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Signs before for around 2 years, $5 million total. Similar to Brayden Schenn's contract.

A comparable player would be Brandon Sutter, he signed a 3 year deal for $6.2 million a couple years back... with the increase in the cap since then, a deal of around $2.5 mill for 2 or 3 years works.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
If Eller signs a 2-year deal would he still be an RFA at the end of the deal?

If so, that would make me worried. If this contact needs to go to arbitration then it might make him better the next time around.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I see it going to arbitration. Eller sees himself as a top-6 guy but Therrien at least sees him as 3rd line player. I would think that Bergevin sides more with Therrien's view so I'm guessing they are quite far apart number wise. They also both probably think they have pretty good cases for themselves.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
If this goes to arbitration something tells me Eller won't be a Hab for many more seasons.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They need to settle for 3M for 5 years.......

There is no way Eller wants to sign for 5 years here.
With the way we've been using him, he doesn't sign a deal past his last RFA year.
If we don't give him more offensive opportunities this year, he's not going to want to stay, and we're likely trading him.
He wants to be a top 6 center, he should be used as one too. So if we're not going to do that, it'll be time to part ways.
I expect him to get 1-2 years and he's probably just going to try his luck with arbitrator seeing how I don't think Bergevin can really be offering him much anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad