Value of: elias pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
Sorry but Petterson's ELC is too valuable right now compared to McDavid's cap hit. Edm fans pls start with McDavid + 1st to start any dialogue, otherwise we wont even consider.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Pettersson is already a better player than those at the usual suspects list of Top5 players in the world. I wouldn’t trade him for any player in the league. He’s that good.
Take McJesus off the Coilers and they are still a bottom 10 team that they are with him. Take Petey off the Canucks they go from borderline wildcard position to bottom 3! That’s impact.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
I would not trade him for anyone other than Mcdavid.

He's the only young player who is clearly in a tier above Petey. Trading for a guy like Dahlin or Heiskanen would just create a hole up front again.

Plus the guy is the number one thing to talk about in Vancouver right now.

Reactions: Sami Salo

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Hear me out before you guys go crazy

If he doesn't sign an extension with the Canucks what could we get for him and whats his value??

Year 1 of his ELC, So don't look that far into the future...PLUS he is the teams best player hands down. Canucks likely wouldn't trade him for any single player in the league. I would only trade him for a very select group of players, which is less than 5 players in the entire league

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hopefully the kid isn't injury prone.. too early to say yet though. He's fun to watch when he is healthy.

member 290103

CBJ fans probably wouldn't do it but I (as a Van fan) would

Van
C Elias Pettersson
+ what 2019 round pick would make this happen?

CBJ
D Zack Werenski
C Pierre-Luc Dubois

Then you are not a real Van fan. This is horrid for Vancouver. Do you realize the magnitude of a player EP40 is?

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
You don't trade players that actually sell tickets unless you're rebuilding and Pettersson is our main piece in the rebuild. Only player I'd trade him for would be McDavid. Pettersson will be on Matthews and MacKinnon's level very soon.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Then you are not a real Van fan. This is horrid for Vancouver. Do you realize the magnitude of a player EP40 is?
lol, Two young studs who have put up points early in their career. Canucks are in great need of a defenseman who can score goals and Dubois is a first line Center. Q. Hughes is good but doesn't score many goals. I would only add 1st rnd top 8 protected. The + draft choice was a question to Columbus fans what round pick would be need to complete the trade.

Werenski D 21 years old 6'2 209lbs
43gp 9g 16a 25p
Dubois C 20 years old 6'3 207lbs
43gp 16g 22a 38p

For

E. Pettersson C 20 years old 6'2
???lbs under 180 I guess
38 gp 22g 20a 42p

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Team drafts a guy high in the first round. They hope he will be the face of the franchise. Then he exceeds all expectations. What's he worth? Nothing. He's not for sale.

Just be happy with your freaking guy. He's good and you have no need to trade him.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
These threads can only go terribly.

He's too valuable to trade, especially since his true potential isn't known yet.

He won't "probably" be a 100 point players/selke finalist but could be.

He's not worth McDavid or Matthews but could end up as valuable as them.

Vancouver would want the value of what he could be. No one would offer the value of what he could be.

The combination of insane but unknown potential makes him untradeable for Van, but also unattainable for everyone else.

Reactions: Kreator

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Threads like these should be locked. They contribute nothing because there isn’t a chance they move him. Up and coming young star. Vancouver is a great city and there’s been no rumors he doesn’t want to be there.

I know I know, you don’t need to reply in the thread. But I sometimes feel threads like this are for the fans to feel good about themselves and their player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad