Value of: elias pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sorry, what?

He’s in the first year of a three year ELC. After that, Vancouver has what are essentially exclusive negotiating rights. He wouldn’t be in any position at all to not re-sign... You also can’t “extend” an ELC.

Why are you bringing this up at all? This isn’t even a reasonable (or possible) hypothetical for probably another 5-10 years.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
Sorry, what?

He’s in the first year of aee year ELC. After that, Vancouver has what are essentially exclusive negotiating rights. He wouldn’t be in any position at all to not re-sign... You also can’t “extend” an ELC.

Why are you bringing this up at all? This isn’t even a reasonable (or possible) hypothetical for probably another 5-10 years.

I am just saying whats his value atm and if he were not to resign in Vancouver what can we get for him?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I am just saying whats his value atm and if he were not to resign in Vancouver what can we get for him?

But it is literally not a scenario where he doesn’t “re-sign”. You ask for his value “atm” but then put forth a scenario that, at the absolute earliest, is 2.5 years away.

There’s a major gap here somewhere, which is what I’m asking you to explain.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
But it is literally not a scenario where he doesn’t “re-sign”. You ask for his value “atm” but then put forth a scenario that, at the absolute earliest, is 2.5 years away.

There’s a major gap here somewhere, which is what I’m asking you to explain.

Well my brother i am just asking what if were to request a trade or not resign in the future off season what can we get for him now if canucks wanted to trade him

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
In 2.5 yrs

Probably a 100 point player while being top 10 in Selke votes.

Plays Centre. Makes his linemates astronomically better.

Whats the value on those players ?

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
In 2.5 yrs

Plus he's already selling tickets around the league. Even non hockey fans are talking about him in Van. Hockey fans would burn down the arena if he were traded

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
In 2.5 yrs

That’s a pretty big statement to use “probably” with.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
CBJ fans probably wouldn't do it but I (as a Van fan) would

Van
C Elias Pettersson
+ what 2019 round pick would make this happen?

CBJ
D Zack Werenski
C Pierre-Luc Dubois

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Why even ask this. The kid still has 2 years left before we can even worry. And hell just enjoy it, the kid is going to possibly be the best player this franchise has ever had, just enjoy watching him.

Reactions: SML2

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
giphy-3.gif

Reactions: Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad