Player Discussion Elias Pettersson | Sooner rather than Later Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Worrisome coming from a guy like Russo who isn’t a clickbait fake rumour reporter at all. The fact that he’s even taking that somewhat educated guess should make us paranoid

It's always good to take reporters, especially non-local reporters, with a grain of salt. One example, Frank Seravalli is probably the most connected guy in the industry. Yesterday he said that Boeser's value was a 2nd round pick and was fully expecting to be savaged for saying that. Thought Canucks fans would be furious about the evaluation being so low. Was explained to him that his stock as dropped a lot locally. So even guys who are the most plugged in can miss something.

Now, I don't think Russo is wrong. Canucks haven't shown Pettersson anything that would want him to stay long term.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It's always good to take reporters, especially non-local reporters, with a grain of salt. One example, Frank Seravalli is probably the most connected guy in the industry. Yesterday he said that Boeser's value was a 2nd round pick and was fully expecting to be savaged for saying that. Thought Canucks fans would be furious about the evaluation being so low. Was explained to him that his stock as dropped a lot locally. So even guys who are the most plugged in can miss something.

Now, I don't think Russo is wrong. Canucks haven't shown Pettersson anything that would want him to stay long term.
Fair enough.

My fear now is that Tocchet gets hired and becomes the final straw for EP. At least with Bruce you know that most of the players like him

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Fair enough.

My fear now is that Tocchet gets hired and becomes the final straw for EP. At least with Bruce you know that most of the players like him

Tocchet's been described as a player's coach that can switch between tough love and confidence booster. I would be concerned over his relationship with OEL and if that has an affect on the other players. Assistants matter as well so if some like Rikard Gronborg or Ulf Samuelsson is brought in, just guessing, it might assuage those fears.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Fair enough.

Tocchet seems like a bogus rumor. We are half way through the season, it seems really unlikely that BB will be fired now and a replacement will be made.

I guess this actually should be like another litmus test on how plugged in the “insiders” are with this team. The media hasn’t gotten that many rumors right at all.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
There are some ties between Minny and vancouver - Bruce, Yeo, the Boeser’s

Reactions: bh53

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
EP's agent was on Donnie and Dhali a few minutes ago. Predictably denied the rumours and said they'll be to talk in July about an extension

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i hesitate to talk rumours here because people tend to react very negatively but there's a lot out there about pettersson's relationships with his teammates. i would be very unsurprised if he forces his way out even if this team trends up next year

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't expect an agent to ever confirm these things.
"Yeah my client is quitting on this loser piss ant pathetic franchise and it's child abusing owner."
I'll have to go back and listen again, but he didn't outright deny it. It was more along the lines of "alot of reporters/rumours are false, glad that EP is having a strong year, we can talk in July". Unless I missed something, he didn't flat out deny the report but he did seem to imply that it was false.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
We’ll find out just how true these rumours are in July when he’s up for an extension, if he’s only willing to sign a short-term extension be ready for him to leave because our incompetent management isn’t gonna do anything to make him change his mind.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Hates losing.

Means mgmt goes balls out to appease him.

None of this news is shocking. It started back when he made the comment about wanting to be on a winning team.

The team is shit. He’s carrying them almost exclusively on his own. There no cap space. No upcoming prospects.

Honestly, no hope.

I don’t blame him one bit if he wants out.

So mgmt is going to think entirely ST to keep him to stay.

He likely still tries to walk or they have to trade him down the road.

I really don’t see any other scenario unless they offer him some absurd contract.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Sign Miller but lose Petey Horvat Kuzmenko Schenn and eventually Hughes

:)

Management should’ve known where Pettersson is at with the club… if he really wants out they should’ve had an idea when they re-signed Miller. If your top player wants out as a UFA then re-signing Miller was beyond stupid… it wasn’t a smart decision to re-sign him in the first place but to do it knowing Pettersson may want out is crazy!. It’s not the first time we’ve heard about Pettersson wanting out and how his last contract negotiations went kinda showed that. Yikes!.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He’s not signing this summer unless the offer is in excess of $100m

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Wow. EP40 has his bags packed too. My god it’s a mass exodus. Can’t blame them all. f***ing joke of an organization.

He’s not signing this summer unless the offer is in excess of $100m
He won’t sign here. He can get his money from an actual decent team with proper front office.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
If Russo is right then it’s time to blow this shit team up. I wonder how he heard this though? He’s mainly a Minny guy. Brackett/Bruce? Or is JEE a friend of EP’s?

His teammates don’t like him. I’ve been saying this for over a year. Get him the f*** out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad