Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Calder Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
Great Player but something happened in the second half as he just wasn't the same player. I hope it's not frustration on his part as teams began to adjust their game to shut him down. He needs to bulk up and adapt but still a great season.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Great Player but something happened in the second half as he just wasn't the same player. I hope it's not frustration on his part as teams began to adjust their game to shut him down. He needs to bulk up and adapt but still a great season.
And yet he won the internal scoring. Only 5 games away from ppg. Most goals and assists.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015

:popcorn: Something happened?? Ever heard of the Kotka injury?? He shouldnt have forced himself to come back that soon.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
He did fairly well in the first 11 games after returning from the knee injury: 12 points and 29 shots on goal. It was the final 22 games where the decline happened: only 11 points and 36 shots.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
EP needs to improve the time on his release. He had a lot of shots blocked this year because he couldn't get it off in time. On the pp he will literally stop skating at the circle set his arms up for a wrist shot and it either goes in or its blocked. That and overall conditioning + getting stronger.

The last 20 some games he also chased the puck a lot and played around on the perimeter. The first half of the season he was a one man entry but he became a dump and chase player towards the end.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
He did fairly well in the first 11 games after returning from the knee injury: 12 points and 29 shots on goal. It was the final 22 games where the decline happened: only 11 points and 36 shots.

Couldn’t care less about the points in those games. He was clearly not the same player. The luck he didn’t have pre injury (which some people who didn’t watch him play thought was the reason for his ”unsustainable” scoring) he got a portion of when coming back from injury instead which makes some people to believe it wasn’t indeed the injury that lessend his ability.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Couldn’t care less about the points in those games. He was clearly not the same player. The luck he didn’t have pre injury (which some people who didn’t watch him play thought was the reason for his ”unsustainable” scoring) he got a portion of when coming back from injury instead which causes some people to believe it wasn’t indeed the injury that lessend his ability.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver

Them two on the same team

giphy.gif

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

It's the grind of the season.

Fun Fact: Canucks had a 6 game road trip 3x this year.

No other team had 1

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah, not sure I'm liking that. He needs some rest imho.
He'll get plenty of rest before and after the tournament. I think it would be a great experience for him to be one of the top players representing the national team. It looks like both Pettersson and Markström will play for Sweden, so you have two Canucks to root for. Dahlin is also positive to play. It'll be a fun team to watch.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think it should be a two horse race between ep40 and Rasmussen dahlin

Dahlin played 82 games - put up 44 points and played over 21 mins a game as an 18 year old defensemen.

I don’t think you could pick wrong between these two.

Bennington should get the third nominee based on his stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad