Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Why not just post the list then? I don’t recall making that statement about Pettersson specifically, rather a list of guys like Gadjovich, Lind, Palmu, etc.

I do recall posting this about Pettersson before his 5 pt game:

Also, you really should look up what “context” means cause I don’t think you know.

The list was Peterson, Gaydette, Juolevi, Demko and Lind

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
The context is you disrespected our prospects by saying that in all likelihood they wouldn't ever play an NHL game, then I listed some names which included Peterson, then you said only a couple might play an NHL game.

CanaFan might trend towards the pessimistic as posters go, but this is a ludicrous misrepresentation of what he said.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Pettersson
Gaudette
Juolevi
Dahlen
Kole Lind
Thatcher Demko
In all likelihood these will all be solid contributors in the NHL

A couple might. Not nearly as many as you seem to think.

=

according to CanaFan last week Elias isn't likely to play in the NHL.
you disrespected our prospects

???????????????

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
CanaFan might trend towards the pessimistic as posters go, but this is a ludicrous misrepresentation of what he said.

Well I think it was pretty clear that he casted doubt out on the possibility of Peterson ever playing a single NHL game, which is the real ludicrous thing here.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Fair enough, I went back and re-read. Regardless my comment was about the group, not Pettersson specifically. I think my post on the last page speaks to my opinion on Pettersson.

Is it really your contention that only a couple (definition: two) of that group will be "solid NHL contributors"? A gloomy outlook!

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Well I think it was pretty clear that he casted doubt out on the possibility of Peterson ever playing a single NHL game, which is the real ludicrous thing here.

It was an (IMO) overly dour read on the group as a whole but he said absolutely nothing about Pettersson in particular. Quit roughing up strawmen, it's unbecoming.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Fair enough, I went back and re-read. Regardless my comment was about the group, not Pettersson specifically. I think my post on the last page speaks to my opinion on Pettersson.

I can respect that I could have interpreted your post differently. I am happy to hear that your outlook on Peterson is not as bad as I thought .

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
“Potential” is a vague descriptor but realistically only Pettersson has a good chance at 1st production. Lind is a kid I like a lot but he looks like a good 2nd line guy or a guy who can complement a top line guy more than a dynamic play-driver himself at the NHL level. Dahlen I think is even less likely to be a top liner than Lind. I mean, anyone can have the “potential” to do anything but realistically I think it’s unlikely those two get there. Pettersson is closer to having a realistic chance.

Gonna just leave that here for the evening while RonningMorrisonBooth keeps trying to make a mountain out of a one sentence post that supposedly is the last word on how I view Pettersson.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
It was an (IMO) overly dour read on the group as a whole but he said absolutely nothing about Pettersson in particular. Quit roughing up strawmen, it's unbecoming.

Ok I still think there was an implication there but fair enough. Back to Peterson himself I am actually quite concerned after watching an interview with him recently wearing a tight shirt is frame looks like a preteens torso. I am worried whether he will ever get big enough to avoid having his lunch taken at the NHL level. He does not play an elusive game where he will shy away from body contact like Gaudreau. I hope I'm wrong because otherwise he might be a near generation talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille