Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
OK. Part 1 of the Pettersson talk is over

We drafted him.

Is he a true center made for the NHL or just a winger to contribute to the cause?

Go.......

He neither because he sucks...I'm done :D sorry cuz I just can't help it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

We drafted him.

Is he a true center made for the NHL or just a winger to contribute to the cause?

Go.......

you should trash him a long with the other haters in his main thread at the prospects board. Clowns like yourself are lining up to slam him. You will blend right in with the rest over there.

Reactions: VasilyHoglander

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
you should trash him a long with the other haters in his main thread at the prospects board. Clowns like yourself are lining up to slam him. You will blend right in with the rest over there.

I will blend in with the people who want something in the middle.

I don't slam him for no reason Lawrence.

I guess that's something you can't recognize :nod:

Reactions: VasilyHoglander

lawrence

May 19, 2012
How long do you think he's going to take Lawrence?

1 year.

2 years

Possible more?

He's our #1C right?

2 years. 1 year in the SEL next year he's in the AHL hopefully he's added enough weight by then.

that's just me though

Well to be honest I hope he becomes one of our offensive centremans, not gonna lie about that.

But at this time he is not a full flight top scorer, he will develop slowly then 2 years later hopefully he is a bondified top 6 offensive player.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
2 years. 1 year in the SEL next year he's in the AHL hopefully he's added enough weight by then.

that's just me though

Well to be honest I hope he becomes one of our offensive centremans, not gonna lie about that.

He's not projecting like a C Lawrence!

His last game in the summer showcase showed he's not projecting that way.

It will be very Interesting how he's played in the SHL.

Personally.......I can't wait :popcorn:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I'll say we blow through 8 threads before he's in the NHL. Likely minimum 2 full years. Every time he has a 3 point game or gets blanked in 3 straight ppl will celebrate/panic. A pic will get posted and there's 200 posts about body types. He'll tweet something about a player on another team and some donkey will take that to mean he's hoping to be traded there. The usual stuff.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I love this pick. Easily the most skilled and talented prospect weve had in a long long time.

Fyi NYR wanted to trade 7th and.21 to Dallas for thr 3rd so they can draft Elias. But Dallas wanted.Heiskanen

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I wish we could somehow quote someone when we start a new thread.

Docbenton

"I can understand taking Pettersson over Vilardi/Glass, but don't really understand the logic of taking him over Mittelstadt. Similar style players, but the latter is just ahead right now in every area except maybe defensive game, although Casey's a decent 2 way player as well. I mean maybe he'll be just as good, but why not take the guy who is already that good? Unless there was legitimate concern about character, I don't get it."

After vilardi and pettersson i had mittlestadt right with them.

I dont really agree casey is ahead im not sure what that is based on when you said that but he did look better at 3 day summer scrimmage playing with very good players.

What put pettersson ahead of him for me is what has always been discussed with casey, 5 on 5 production and quality of league. Pettersson played in a mens league while casey in high school, and his 5 on 5 production was a concern on the main prospect board.

I did not however beat down mittlestadt like some because of the hs league or especially his 5 on 5 play. He is going to be an fantastic PP guy imo in the nhl someday and for some reason that gets undervalued. But with that said thats what nudged guys like vilardi and pettersson slightly ahead while we are splitting hairs (pettersson in comparison had much better numbers in a mens league 5 on 5), but its basically a crap shoot, it will all come down to who can elevate their game this year and next.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017

We drafted him.

Go.......

Brutal...You would have been one of those dudes trashin' Henrik 18 years ago...Not surprising really,....coming from this poster.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I wish we could somehow quote someone when we start a new thread.

Docbenton

"I can understand taking Pettersson over Vilardi/Glass, but don't really understand the logic of taking him over Mittelstadt. Similar style players, but the latter is just ahead right now in every area except maybe defensive game, although Casey's a decent 2 way player as well. I mean maybe he'll be just as good, but why not take the guy who is already that good? Unless there was legitimate concern about character, I don't get it."

After vilardi and pettersson i had mittlestadt right with them.

I dont really agree casey is ahead im not sure what that is based on when you said that but he did look better at 3 day summer scrimmage.

What put pettersson ahead of him for me is what has always been discussed with casey, 5 on 5 production and quality of league. Pettersson played in a mens league while casey in high school, and his 5 on 5 production was a concern on the main prospect board.

I did not however beat down mittlestadt like some because of the hs league or especially his 5 on 5 play. He is going to be an fantastic PP guy imo in the nhl someday and for some reason that gets undervalued. But with that said thats what nudged guys like vilardi and pettersson slightly ahead, but its close and basically a crap shoot at this point, it will all come down to who can elevate their game this year and next.

Mittelstsdt was always better than Pettersson.

So what's your point?

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I'll say we blow through 8 threads before he's in the NHL. Likely minimum 2 full years. Every time he has a 3 point game or gets blanked in 3 straight ppl will celebrate/panic. A pic will get posted and there's 200 posts about body types. He'll tweet something about a player on another team and some donkey will take that to mean he's hoping to be traded there. The usual stuff.

I'm looking forward to Petterssons production being cut in half this season...but that's just me :help:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Anyway ... I think Pettersson is 3 years of development away from playing regular NHL. 2 seasons in SHL and 1 in AHL. Depends on how quickly he puts on weight and strength obviously and he could exceed this but looking at him today I'm not confident he'll get there any quicker.

Nor should he be rushed. Whatever his ceiling is, I'm in no mood to see it jeopardized by rushing him. Let this one come along at his own pace please.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Anyway ... I think Pettersson is 3 years of development away from playing regular NHL. 2 seasons in SHL and 1 in AHL. Depends on how quickly he puts on weight and strength obviously and he could exceed this but looking at him today I'm not confident he'll get there any quicker.

Nor should he be rushed. Whatever his ceiling is, I'm in no mood to see it jeopardized by rushing him. Let this one come along at his own pace please.

If we don't rush him...........then maybe he'll be OK.

The foundation is theirs.

It's going to take 4 years....he's weak.....on all aspects :nod:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I hope everybody realized that the Pettersson pick was a all PR pick.

Hello...Mc fly

How was it a PR pick? I think Glass would have been way more of a PR pick. Good Wastern Canadian kid looking like Johansen.

Like the pick or not we picked him because OUR management team liked him the most.

Just remember, McFly knocks out biff by the end of the movie... in all three.

Pretty much what I see. See him on a bit of the same path Nylander was on with the added season in the SHL.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
How was it a PR pick? I think Glass would have been way more of a PR pick. Good Wastern Canadian kid looking like Johansen.

Like the pick or not we picked him because OUR management team liked him the most.

Exactly. But I think you just responded to some trolling.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I love this pick. Easily the most skilled and talented prospect weve had in a long long time.

Fyi NYR wanted to trade 7th and.21 to Dallas for thr 3rd so they can draft Elias. But Dallas wanted.Heiskanen

Buffalo also made a Offer to Vancouver for the 5th pick which would have been used for Petterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->