Rumor: Elias Pettersson - No Deal Imminent (Aug 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Back in the day Mike Gillis wouldn't allow the team to do this. If a player is out 4-6 weeks, he will just announce it like every other its 4-6 weeks guys, we will have to move on for the time being etc etc. Now Jim Benning is just playing mind games? Is our medical staff that imcompotent right now? Not sure how long he's out for? fire the damn crew. from day to day to another week to ltir. What is this?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hope is not the season we need the PBP :(

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
This is at least the fourth time he's been knocked out of the lineup in his first 139 NHL games, and he was clearly playing a good chunk of games hurt during that span. I don't think it's crazy to have concerns about his ability to stay healthy long term.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This is at least the fourth time he's been knocked out of the lineup in his first 139 NHL games, and he was clearly playing a good chunk of games hurt during that span. I don't think it's crazy to have concerns about his ability to stay healthy long term.

This recent injury we wasn’t knocked out.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
If hes on LTIR and has to be out til the 31st... the team should just come out and be honest about it. Petey is an important player and as of now they have pretended it was just a day to day thing and refused to be specific about it.
He is eligible to play on the 31st? Our next game after this road trip is on the 31st. If he is projected to miss that game as well, i would be a bit worried.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He is eligible to play on the 31st? Our next game after this road trip is on the 31st. If he is projected to miss that game as well, i would be a bit worried.

lol why bro, we've been doing fine since his injury.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I'm sure Benning will still use the "But Pettersson was injured" excuse when the Canucks miss the playoffs.

Ya just know he will.
We went on roll with him injured. He can't say that. He will mumble some other stupid excuse.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If the guy needs season ending surgery just do it already. No point in beating around the push and playing with the fans. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was playing all season hurt with a minor injury.

Reactions: supercanuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yikes sounds like season maybe even into next season for all we know. Our poor poor Petey :(

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Pettersson should get a bridge deal. He deserves good money like $4-5M for 2 years. I think he can be a $10M player if he reaches his potential.

He still has a young body and he truly needs to get stronger or injuries will continue arising. He's been pretty healthy so far, but you can't be taken seriously if your #1 center is 170 pounds at 6'2.

Look at Boeser he's filled out and Green is trusting him in all situations because his strength makes playing defence easier.

ASAP Surg

Nov 26, 2009
Vancouver
Pettersson should get a bridge deal. He deserves good money like $4-5M for 2 years. I think he can be a $10M player if he reaches his potential.

He still has a young body and he truly needs to get stronger or injuries will continue arising. He's been pretty healthy so far, but you can't be taken seriously if your #1 center is 170 pounds at 6'2.

Look at Boeser he's filled out and Green is trusting him in all situations because his strength makes playing defence easier.

There is no way is he signing for that low on a bridge.

Reactions: supercanuck

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

I can't imagine that Petey would take a $4-5M deal, even if it's just for one year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For the life of me, reporting by the Canucks on player injuries is almost comical and embarrassing, if it didn't have such an negetive impact on the hockey team.

Pettersson goes from 'day-to-day', 'week-to-week', then on to LTIR, and finally he'll be lucky to be back before the end of the season.

All you can pray is that the Canucks medical staff has a better handle on these injuries than the flak who is tweeting out the injury updates.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
There is no way is he signing for that low on a bridge.

Yup. Pettersson is 30th in points per game ( atheist 100gp) since he has entered the league, has gone point per game since his 1 point in the first 6 games. We'd be looking at atleast the Point contract for a bridge, since he took a discount to play in Tampa and there is no state tax in Florida.

Reactions: bh53

ASAP Surg

Nov 26, 2009
Vancouver
Yup. Pettersson is 30th in points per game ( atheist 100gp) since he has entered the league, has gone point per game since his 1 point in the first 6 games. We'd be looking at atleast the Point contract for a bridge, since he took a discount to play in Tampa and there is no state tax in Florida.
If they can get him at the Barzal bridge I’d be happy with that, but I suspect his camp would be looking for something closer to 8 * 3

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
For the life of me, reporting by the Canucks on player injuries is almost comical and embarrassing, if it didn't have such an negetive impact on the hockey team.

Pettersson goes from 'day-to-day', 'week-to-week', then on to LTIR, and finally he'll be lucky to be back before the end of the season.

All you can pray is that the Canucks medical staff has a better handle on these injuries than the flak who is tweeting out the injury updates.
Didn’t Petey start as reported day to day. Then it was week to week. Now it’s up in the air, and likely very long so he’s on LTIR. I said before I think Petey gets shut down and has surgery. We did this same pattern before. Player tries to rehab. It goes badly. Player has surgery later, that they could have had sooner, and the next season is spent trying to recover from missing so much summer training.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Didn’t Petey start as reported day to day. Then it was week to week. Now it’s up in the air, and likely very long so he’s on LTIR. I said before I think Petey gets shut down and has surgery. We did this same pattern before. Player tries to rehab. It goes badly. Player has surgery later, that they could have had sooner, and the next season is spent trying to recover from missing so much summer training.

our medical staff is imcompotent. Imagine going to a your own doctor who tells you, your injury is a day to day one, only now be out long term. IN my mind this doctor of mine, has no clue what he is talking about, gave me wrong information and now I want to sue him for the misinformation.

Pettersson is nowhere near an 8 million dollar player. He deserves anything between a Pastnark to William Nylander type contract. Anything more is vast overpayment for him. No bloody way. Point per game what? via 20 games? only? now he's injured??

For the life of me, reporting by the Canucks on player injuries is almost comical and embarrassing

it seems like we've made a thing not to want to tell anyone of the injury for whatever the heck reason. What the hell. So Petey is out 4-6 weeks. Just say so. If Benning is afraid other gms will use that as leverage that that's bennings fault for being a piss poor negotiator.

What a joke of an organization now. It all starts with the owners who refuse to address this mess, our medical staff is either stupid, or maybe strings are being pulled via upper management, who knows, this season is a lost caus.e

Petterson does not get more then 7 million.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I'd sign him to 8x9 and then reap the benefits later. Similar to what the Oilers did with Drai

Reactions: bh53

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Lol 4 million? You have some of the worse takes on this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad