Rumor: Elias Pettersson - No Deal Imminent (Aug 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
You mean after the team let Tanev and Toffolli go after Hughes and Pettersson publicly said they wanted them back for their extremely important leadership for the team, and Benning turned his 4D chess into Holtby and Virtanen contracts???

Any competitive player would have approved of those Benning 4D Chess moves

cut.jpg
That's a man with a car full of Arby's bags.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If I'm Pettersson's agent, I'm looking at Marner and Matthews as comparables. Marner had the same points-per-game in his first three seasons as Pettersson, and Matthews was only slightly ahead (a difference of about 4 points over 82 games). And Matthews also had injury questions; like Pettersson, he had only managed to play a full season once.
Of course, these should be the ceiling of his comparables, but in my opinion, Pettersson's agent should be talking at least 10 million per year to buy 2 UFA years, which would be about 900K less than Marner's deal of the same length, adjusted for cap inflation.

JPB is gonna put Benning over his lap and spank him again. 10M x 7 years for both EP and QH

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
JPB is gonna put Benning over his lap and spank him again. 10M x 7 years for both EP and QH

For Pettersson, I'd have no issues with that deal. Willing to take the gamble that Pettersson is that guy that we all think he is.

If Hughes gets that though, I don't think Benning has a job at the end of this year and will never get another shot at being a gm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad