Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i dont get the hate for petterson but at the same time he gets overrated, bit of an enigma.

i like to see success over more then a year so when barzal was blasting of last year i said hes good and you can see the talent but his numbers will dip a bit next year...

petterson is a amazing you can see the talent, i think his numbers will dip a bit next year too.

i think both players will eventually get back up there again, but players can get a bit lucky sometimes.
sounds like a hate post i know, anyways gratz petey and nucks fan, hes a keeper.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
A near 30% shooting percentage will do that

The horseshoe will fall out of his ass eventually

Good for him though, his home planet of Mars will be happy
How about not looking at his stats at all and observing how he can, at 20 years old do and see things on the ice that only the very, very elite players in this league can do and see.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
i dont get the hate for petterson but at the same time he gets overrated, bit of an enigma.

i like to see success over more then a year so when barzal was blasting of last year i said hes good and you can see the talent but his numbers will dip a bit next year...

petterson is a amazing you can see the talent, i think his numbers will dip a bit next year too.

i think both players will eventually get back up there again, but players can get a bit lucky sometimes.
sounds like a hate post i know, anyways gratz petey and nucks fan, hes a keeper.

He gets hate because he is severely over rated on here. Claiming after a half season that he is going to be the best player in the league etc. will rub people the wrong way. There is no problem in being excited in having a great young talent but these claims of him becoming the best player are not realistic at all.

Reactions: Dialamo

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Weighs how much beginners squat after 1 month in the gym and fires puck as hard as Ovie

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
A near 30% shooting percentage will do that

The horseshoe will fall out of his ass eventually

Good for him though, his home planet of Mars will be happy
no horseshoes puts himself in great scoring position the league right now has the most high end players I have seen in 52 years watching this game just remarkable top end talent. 30% or not he is so skilled he will be in top 10 scoring for next decade

Reactions: Aerrol

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
3 Pettersson threads on the main page is cool. Vancouver fans making it very hard to cheer for this guy IMO (I know it’s not all of you). How bout we chill out. Let his play do the talking.

Yea same. Great player, hope his more down to earth person than his fans.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
no horseshoes puts himself in great scoring position the league right now has the most high end players I have seen in 52 years watching this game just remarkable top end talent. 30% or not he is so skilled he will be in top 10 scoring for next decade

To give you some perspective Ovechkin, who is arguably the best goal scorer of all time, has a career average shooting percentage of 12.6% with last season being his highest at 17.7%. There is absolutely no way Pettersson will maintain his shooting % so it is pretty reasonable to assume that his production will come down.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
To give you some perspective Ovechkin, who is arguably the best goal scorer of all time, has a career average shooting percentage of 12.6% with last season being his highest at 17.7%. There is absolutely no way Pettersson will maintain his shooting % so it is pretty reasonable to assume that his production will come down.

ovechkin is a horrible comparison

He is the poster child for volume shooter and has lead the league in that department by large margins

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
3 Pettersson threads on the main page is cool. Vancouver fans making it very hard to cheer for this guy IMO (I know it’s not all of you). How bout we chill out. Let his play do the talking.

You know what I do when Leaf threads over run the main boards? I don't click on them. Problem solved. I don't hate on the team, player or the fans because of it.

If we let every players on ice performance do the talking then a discussion board becomes kinda pointless. No?

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Or he'll start to shoot more/get better team mates.

Reactions: Pouliot

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
i never said that did i his goal production might come down but his playmaking will improve I highly doubt watching him his best year will be his rookie

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
ovechkin is a horrible comparison

He is the poster child for volume shooter and has lead the league in that department by large margins

It is not a horrible comparison. The whole point of my post was to show even the greatest goal scorer of all time has an average shooting percentage of 12.6%. You cannot disregard that Pettersson is benefiting from an abnormally high shooting percentage and statistics and history show us that his will drop by a significant margin. There is not a single player who can maintain an average shooting percentage of 30% or more over multiple full seasons. You might get 1 season but it will normalize the next.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
It is not a horrible comparison. The whole point of my post was to show even the greatest goal scorer of all time has an average shooting percentage of 12.6%. You cannot disregard that Pettersson is benefiting from an abnormally high shooting percentage and statistics and history show us that his will drop by a significant margin. There is not a single player who can maintain an average shooting percentage of 30% or more over multiple full seasons. You might get 1 season but it will normalize the next.

Using Ovie is horrible

There are other players to use like Kucherov Point or Matthews

Ovie is the best volume shooter in league history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad