Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
I think he played 44 games (+ 14? playoff games) last year, watching him play it seems like he's just a little tired. Would be nice if the Canucks had literally anyone else to take pressure off petey but BB is broken and Horvat is on a different line. Maybe in three years...

pomx

May 15, 2014
What is going on with future Gretzky? Slump or returning to the production he should be on?

His shooting hasnt increased and S% has come down almost below 20. I recall many people saying that his probably the best sniper in NHL.

Nothing away from EP, great rookie year, but the hype he got was just too much.
Clearly a bust, nothing to see here.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
So that predictable thing everyone said would happen happened. Not taking anything away from Elias because he's a fantastic young player that's only going to get better, but I don't care how good you are nobody is scoring on nearly a third of their shots in this league.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
This isn’t true, he can be getting lucky with high on ice shooting % etc. he isn’t driving offense at all right now

Boeser is a shooter and he has a shoot first mentality. Like Pettersson, he's also in a goal scoring slump at the moment. However his slump is a lot less concerning because unlike Pettersson he's still shooting a lot and sooner rather than later they'll start going in. He's ranked 35th in the league in shots per game.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Teams are covering him and boeser really well right know.didnt need ep40 to beat the leafs

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
I remember when all the Canucs fans claimed Pettersson is better than Magnificent and Mcdavid
source.gif

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
So that predictable thing everyone said would happen happened. Not taking anything away from Elias because he's a fantastic young player that's only going to get better, but I don't care how good you are nobody is scoring on nearly a third of their shots in this league.
Yeah but didn't you watch him play in sweden?

LeafMaple

Feb 3, 2019
Do people really think canucks fans were serious when they said he is better than mcdavid? You couldn’t tell they were trolling when they said he’s better than Gretzky :laugh:

Feb 24, 2017
Do people really think canucks fans were serious when they said he is better than mcdavid? You couldn’t tell they were trolling when they said he’s better than Gretzky :laugh:
That’s hard to say. Another thread recently had people claiming that the world would be better without Canucks fans and that they should all kill themselves, sooooo...

:amazed:

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
He'll finish the season with 70 points, give or take a few, which is still going to be fantastic.

Needs to start shooting the puck more though.

quartus

May 11, 2011
I think he played 44 games (+ 14? playoff games) last year, watching him play it seems like he's just a little tired. Would be nice if the Canucks had literally anyone else to take pressure off petey but BB is broken and Horvat is on a different line. Maybe in three years...
44 league games + 14 playoff games + 19 U20 games + 14 NT games + 11 CHL games = 102 games

Reactions: Patrik Barkov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad