Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
I hope people won’t be blaming Pettersson for the over hype. It’s not really his fault.

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
What is going on with future Gretzky? Slump or returning to the production he should be on?

His shooting hasnt increased and S% has come down almost below 20. I recall many people saying that his probably the best sniper in NHL.

Nothing away from EP, great rookie year, but the hype he got was just too much.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
What is going on with future Gretzky? Slump or returning to the production he should be on?

His shooting hasnt increased and S% has come down almost below 20. I recall many people saying that his probably the best sniper in NHL.

He has played a lot of hockey the past seasons up to now. The injuries he has had also effects his natural flow and instincts. Now he thinks too much. Adding the fact team is not doing very well and there you have some natural explanations.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I was thinking about bumping this one. 0 primary points in his last 5 games, now 5th in the NHL in 5V5 P1/60 behind Marner, Crosby, Kucherov, and Arvidsson.

Do people now understand why 5V5 P1/60 tends to be favorable to players who have played lesser minutes and benefitted from good shooting luck?

If not, take another look at the 4 players ahead of Pettersson. One of those names sticks out like a sore thumb, and it just so happens to be a player who has missed 24 games and is shooting at 8.8% above his previous career high (at 5V5).

Reactions: bondra

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

He looks tired, and the team has played like crap generally the last 3 weeks.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Didn't you watch him in Sweden?

He'll score at 25%.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Happens to every rookie, he will be fine. It’s easy to neutralize him when he’s the only offensive weapon on the team.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
... Boeser?

Every single game I have seen with Boeser, he has been totally invisible 95% of the games, even in those he's had multiple points.

I will never understand his "greatness".
Or perhaps the greatness is being in the right spot at the right time.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
He is a rookie and already an unbeliavable one. He is going to dominate NHL as was said.

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
Happens to every rookie, he will be fine. It’s easy to neutralize him when he’s the only offensive weapon on the team.

Yea he is and probably will make a great career. Im just confused because many in here has said that his wrister is one of the best in NHL. But why he isnt using it, for example Boeser has 16 shot in 6 matches when EP has only 6.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Petterson is amazing,franchise player and any team would be lucky to have him but slow down on the coolaid hes nowhere near Mcdavid

Reactions: Mav3rick07

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Every single game I have seen with Boeser, he has been totally invisible 95% of the games, even in those he's had multiple points.

I will never understand his "greatness".
Or perhaps the greatness is being in the right spot at the right time.

Watching Boeser this year is a lot different than watching Boeser last year. Despite the decent production, he looks like a completely different player. His image of "greatness" is largely based off his play from last year imo.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Boeser has looked terrible, yet somehow has put up a lot of points. 44 in 54 games.

Petey will be fine, he’s 20 and has virtually carried this team all season long after two injuries. He’ll likely finish at or around PPG and win the Calder. Dahlin would need a monster finish to take him out.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
In a sport like basketball this could make sense but not in hockey. If he's putting up points he clearly is creating offence.
This isn’t true, he can be getting lucky with high on ice shooting % etc. he isn’t driving offense at all right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad