Elias Pettersson Milestone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Glad the Canucks get a calder winner this year ( I mean cmon it is all but certain) after being so close with Boeser last year.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Glad the Canucks get a calder winner this year ( I mean cmon it is all but certain) after being so close with Boeser last year.
The Canucks didn't win the Calder, they won the jackpot. ;) I know, aggressively positive on the main board, but I think a lot of posters having an argument in this case haven't exactly watched him play. This isn't Vancouver bias.

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
Ill saythis as many times as needed to defend EP.

He finished the entire season last year shooting above 20%, in a new league playing with men.

Now hes once again shooting above 20% in a new league playing with men.

I honestly dont give 2 hoots comparing EP to the average nhler and his shooting %. This kid is special and hes going to finish this season above 20% and probably keep a 20% in his career. Ill peg him at a higher chance of having a career avg of 40-55-95 statline with 20% shooting then for him to fall down to 15%. Hes just that good

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Its hard to argue that his shooting % won’t normalize, but to suggest he’s not a great shooter?

Just take the 3 minutes or whatever to watch a highlight package of his 25 goals thus far and you’ll note that a majority of those goals have come from pin point accurate abd very precise shots.

Last edited:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Thank god for the mega thread. Trolling aside, I cringed every time one of our guys made ANOTHER one. :laugh:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Thank god for the mega thread. Trolling aside, I cringed every time one of our guys made ANOTHER one. :laugh:
Maybe. But the one highlighting his above average ability atveverything he does in life, including juggling while riding a unicycle should never have been deleted.

05ECDD48-5092-4EC4-8C19-032DF77CE9DE.png

Reactions: alexpj and vanarchy

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Ill saythis as many times as needed to defend EP.

He finished the entire season last year shooting above 20%, in a new league playing with men.

Now hes once again shooting above 20% in a new league playing with men.

I honestly dont give 2 hoots comparing EP to the average nhler and his shooting %. This kid is special and hes going to finish this season above 20% and probably keep a 20% in his career. Ill peg him at a higher chance of having a career avg of 40-55-95 statline with 20% shooting then for him to fall down to 15%. Hes just that good
Except every single statistic about shooting % states he wont

Hope you dont bet any money on that

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
No one expected Pettersson to be a ~50 goal scorer, his shooting% is unquestionable unsustainable, but his on ice shooting% is pretty much on par with other star players in the league, meaning his production seems to be par from how he's driving the play.

I don't know why people can't grasp that, with linear development (he's only 20) it seems pretty logically sound that his production will be similar or even higher next year if scoring in the league still remains to be this high.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No one expected Pettersson to be a ~50 goal scorer, his shooting% is unquestionable unsustainable, but his on ice shooting% is pretty much on par with other star players in the league, meaning his production seems to be par from how he's driving the play.

I don't know why people can't grasp that, with linear development (he's only 20) it seems pretty logically sound that his production will be similar or even higher next year if scoring in the league still remains to be this high.
I really dont think anyones been arguing against this

Dont confuse stating how absurd his shooting% is and how unsustainable that will be vs saying he wont maintain production.

There are people saying he will shoot 20% or more for his career.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I really dont think anyones been arguing against this

Dont confuse stating how absurd his shooting% is and how unsustainable that will be vs saying he wont maintain production.

There are people saying he will shoot 20% or more for his career.

Okay and what exactly is your point of going around every thread stating how overrated he is etc is then? Last time I had a discussion with you, you were stating it was shortsighted to say Pettersson will be better than Hischier, which is hilarious.

So I've accepted his shooting% is unsustainable, now what exactly is your point? I'll never understand why fans of others teams are so obsessed with players that don't even play in the same conference.

Pettersson has passed Hischier and it's not close, give it a rest.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Is shooting % really all you haters have to go off of? Everyone knows he won't sustain his current shooting % its obvious, but its being shoved down our throats as much as these threads. I guess Pettersson has no other real weaknesses in his game so haters will try and find anything to put him down. Also to say that his points will go down with a lower shooting % obviously have never heard of rebound goals which result off of blocked or saved shots. He'll be just fine and much better when he's older.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Okay and what exactly is your point of going around every thread stating how overrated he is etc is then? Last time I had a discussion with you, you were stating it was shortsighted to say Pettersson will be better than Hischier, which is hilarious.

So I've accepted his shooting% is unsustainable, now what exactly is your point? I'll never understand why fans of others teams are so obsessed with players that don't even play in the same conference.

Pettersson has passed Hischier and it's not close, give it a rest.
Because his being PPG and higher is due to his inflated shooting%

His age is what will overcome the deficit created by his shooting% lowering, he wont recoup all of the points lost immediately.

So if he loses 5-10 points from less goals, lower shooting%, then he will likely earn those back in a season or two.

Catch the drift? People are hyping him as this super selective, amazing IQ, smarter shooter than 99% of the league player that he isnt. That is why people like myself keep making such comments - to temper the expectations of those thinking he is some sort of talent the league has never seen.

Again, people think he will shoot 20%+ forever. Seriously.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC

His age is what will overcome the deficit created by his shooting% lowering, he wont recoup all of the points lost immediately.

So if he loses 5-10 points from less goals, lower shooting%, then he will likely earn those back in a season or two.

Catch the drift? People are hyping him as this super selective, amazing IQ, smarter shooter than 99% of the league player that he isnt. That is why people like myself keep making such comments - to temper the expectations of those thinking he is some sort of talent the league has never seen.

"To temper expectations" sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself he isn't as good as he actually is.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

We've already discussed that his PPG is not higher based on an inflated shooting%...

We literally just went over this with on ice shooting%....

Reactions: Brock Boeser

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We've already discussed that his PPG is not higher based on an inflated shooting%...

We literally just went over this with on ice shooting%....
His individual xGF in all situations is 9.49 but he has 25 goals, and his on ice xGF in all situations is 44.73 but he has 50 points (and players don't get points on every goal they are on the ice for). Clearly his individual shooting percentage is absurd which everyone knows. Regardless of how good you think he is or will be, it's simply delusional to claim that he isn't over producing right now when the numbers show that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad