Proposal: Elias Pettersson for Nick Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'd be crazy to talk to you about things other than points at this stage. You clearly have made it clear you look at points only. There is like 10 posts of it now.

Why should I engage with posters who focus on belittle narratives and use insulting words of choice?
That’s a funny way of saying you have nothing to back up your assertions. I’m asking you what you are basing your evaluation on and you cannot provide an answer. I wonder why.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sorry, how hard headed are you? You dwell on the points and I don't. So there lies the difference. Do you really think you are going to change my mind and more belittle narratives is the way to do it? Come on, you should know me better by now

I'm aware of the points. It's the easiest thing to see.
Petey is better in every area of the game. It would be ridiculous not to make this swap from a Montreal perspective.

This will never happen so it's all for nothing, but it will be enjoyable to watch them both for the next 10+ years

TheSnipeshow91

Aug 11, 2014
Yes, it's difficult to define on a HF board post. Today, edge to Petterson. Next season and the next 5 seasons? We will see. Gap could grow or Suzuki could close it or pass him.

Bump it forward in 5 years.
Lol, let me guess you wouldn’t trade Guhle for Hughes either by that logic

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I'd be crazy to talk to you about things other than points at this stage. You clearly have made it clear you look at points only. There is like 10 posts of it now.

Why should I engage with posters who focus on belittle narratives and use insulting words of choice?
I’m a fan of neither team. I am however very curious. What are these intangibles that would put Suzuki above Pettersson? Now, in 5 years or when their both careers are said and done? I’ve got no axe to grind. Literally just curious.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Petey is better in every area of the game. It would be ridiculous not to make this swap from a Montreal perspective

He's not better in every area of the game. Don't exaggerate. He's better at producing points yes. There it is, the word... Ridiculous. A word used on HF boards far to often.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m a fan of neither team. I am however very curious. What are these intangibles that would put Suzuki above Pettersson? Now, in 5 years or when their both careers are said and done? I’ve got no axe to grind. Literally just curious.

Doesn't matter to me that your not a Cancuks fan or Habs fan. Doesn't matter if you have 1000 people on your bandwagon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Garbageyuk

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Pettersson is far better. Not even sure how Hab fans would beg to differ. Albeit Van has more talent but Suzuki in a good year would be a point per game player at best.

That’s good to hear, I honestly have not watched a full Canucks game since 2021.

Suzuki is also playing at a 100 point pace over the last 20 games and doing so while at centre and his team’s offensive focal point, though.
Maybe you should relook at his stats.

Reactions: Bgav

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This is a pretty funny thread. Habs fans saying both sides would say no. Never change Habs fans. EP is worth 2 of Suzuki. He's the only piece Vancouver has that wouldn't be available if I was the GM. I hate the Canucks and their fan base, but it's silly to even compare the 2. EP is much, much better.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You need to move on at this point. Laughing at every post and just basically carrying the same stuff forward. We don't agree. No need to carry it forward.

You're homer/heart narrative is not accurate.
I’m allowed to post. Stop posting ridiculous things and not backing them up, and then playing the victim when people ask you to support your assertions. Maybe you should move on if you can’t back up your assertions.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think neither team makes this trade, simply because they are close enough that neither team will take the risk of the acquired player not fitting in on a new team, new city, new organization. It's a legit risk to take when improving your team makeup, but for roughly comparable player playing the same age, both fitting in well where they are.... why risk it ?

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Doesn't matter to me that your not a Cancuks fan or Habs fan. Doesn't matter if you have 1000 people on your bandwagon.

Others have politely asked you what his intangibles are and why you think Suzuki is better defensively. These are your assertions, and you have the burden to prove them.

Instead of providing a rebuttal, you just dodged the question entirely. This is not an argument in good faith.

You could just admit that you think Suzuki is better because you feel like it. If this is not what you are trying to convent, at least provide some concrete information to back up your claims.

Reactions: Bgav

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m not on any bandwagon either. I’m actually curious to know

Too many belittle posters hiding in the shadows. I think Suzuki handles contract better in the trenches, is better on faceoffs and Pettersson to me does put up 100 pts on the Habs.

I do think Pettersson has a higher points production edge for sure. But when I add up all the context where Suzuki is better in some other areas, I don't see a need for either team to even consider the trade. I said that last year too.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I think neither team makes this trade, simply because they are close enough that neither team will take the risk of the acquired player not fitting in on a new team, new city, new organization. It's a legit risk to take when improving your team makeup, but for roughly comparable player playing the same age, both fitting in well where they are.... why risk it ?

But they are not though. There is an obvious huge difference in production and the defensive metrics for Pettersson is also better. If you disagree, please justify why they are "close enough" in your eyes.

Reactions: Garbageyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad