Proposal: Elias Pettersson for Nick Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSnipeshow91

Aug 11, 2014
Sure, I'm aware of the points. I don't evaluate on points only. Sorry.

Edge to Pettersson today but I still keep Suzuki. I see this moving around even more in the years to come. Bump it forward in 5 years.
Isn’t a there a forum for habs homers like you?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No, I don't evaluate differently than everyone. Only you and a few others. Popular bandwagon parties is not my thing. You can follow the herd if you wish
You evaluate based on the fact that one player wears the Montreal uniform. That’s it. The 2 aren’t close in value and not a single GM would take Suzuki here.

Edge lmao? A 45 point gulf in production is an edge?
It’s a chasm! Lol!

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Sure, I'm aware of the points. I don't evaluate on points only. Sorry.

Edge to Pettersson today but I still keep Suzuki. I see this moving around even more in the years to come. Bump it forward in 5 years.
You evaluate on an undefined intangibles you’ve made that clear. Thing about intangibles is it’s non existent if you can’t define it

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Suzuki steadily progressing as his team’s offensive focal point.

Pettersson seemingly stalling/regressing and being relegated to a second line winger.

Not saying Vancouver would take the deal, but Montreal would hang up the phone before they even heard the “sson.”

What? Pettersson is not stalling or regressing, the opposite in fact, he seems to be finding his stride.

Reactions: Jojalu

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Relax with your words of choice. I already told you I don't evaluate on points only. You can.

Agreed. All this is is nit picking at this stage. Neither team makes this trade because both teams like their player. Neither player needs a change of teams.
A 45 point gap in production isn’t nitpicking. How does Suzuki make up for that? He isn’t even particularly strong defensively.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You evaluate on an undefined intangibles you’ve made that clear. Thing about intangibles is it’s non existent if you can’t define it

Yes, it's difficult to define on a HF board post. Today, edge to Petterson. Next season and the next 5 seasons? We will see. Gap could grow or Suzuki could close it or pass him.

Bump it forward in 5 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Edge lmao? A 45 point gulf in production is an edge?

Sorry, how hard headed are you? You dwell on the points and I don't. So there lies the difference. Do you really think you are going to change my mind and more belittle narratives is the way to do it? Come on, you should know me better by now

I'm aware of the points. It's the easiest thing to see.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Have you heard of this thing called winning. The goal is to win the Cup not score the most points. Is Bergeron worth less than Petterson? Suzuki is the captain, a leader, and has not reached hi potential yet.
Lol. When ever people refer to intangibles they have no argument. EP will be the captain of Vancouver and is an elite two way center right around the top 5 centers who also hasn’t reached his potential. Suzuki might crack the top 20. And what the hell is this comparing him to Bergeron. Talk about delusional!

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Petey has 30 MORE points than Suzuki this season and he's only a year older.... i dont see why Van does this. Its not like Suzuki is 19 and doing what he's doing

Reactions: PajamaBoy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Yes, it's difficult to define on a HF board post. Today, edge to Petterson. Next season and the next 5 seasons? We will see. Gap could grow or Suzuki could close it or pass him.

In other words, your feelings. He plays for your favourite team, and the other guy doesn’t, therefore just an “edge” to Pettersson despite a 45 point difference in production and 4 seasons better than Suzuki’s career high. These players are in two different classes.

Reactions: Zivkovic

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

At least you admit that you’re arguing based off of your feelings and imagination with nothing tangible to back it up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Have you heard of this thing called winning. The goal is to win the Cup not score the most points. Is Bergeron worth less than Petterson? Suzuki is the captain, a leader, and has not reached hi potential yet.

Fans who evaluate on points only are the joke and don't even realize it. Doubt Suzuki ever catches Pettersson in points production but Suzuki is a better 200' center.

There is no deal here. Just each fan base throwing jabs and using insulting words acting like this debate is over.

Crosby in his prime has not put up McDavid numbers in his prime. Doesn't mean I would trade a prime Crosby for a prime McDavid.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sorry, how hard headed are you? You dwell on the points and I don't. So there lies the difference. Do you really think you are going to change my mind and more belittle narratives is the way to do it? Come on, you should know me better by now

I'm aware of the points. It's the easiest thing to see.
What do you dwell on then? By what metrics should we evaluate these two offensive players? I’d like to hear you rationalize it with anything other than your feelings.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
On behalf of all the Canuck fans that aren’t like this, I sincerely apologize.

Remember the days when even the smallest thing went right for the Canucks, and some of our fans, would rub it in until it bled….?

…Well, this is why you should continue to just hate on us, and not bother feeling sorry for how bad we are (and have been for years now).

As soon as we turn it around these boards will be packed with ‘our guy is better than yours’ and ‘our team is better than yours’ type of threads…

…and those same fans will then think the hockey world is conspiring against us to hate on us for some unknown reason.

Reactions: Aqualung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In other words, your feelings. He plays for your favourite team, and the other guy doesn’t, therefore just an “edge” to Pettersson despite a 45 point difference in production and 4 seasons better than Suzuki’s career high. These players are in two different classes.

Nah, your homer narrative is not accurate. Keep telling me about your points evaluation approach. Maybe if you say it over and over again, it makes me change my mind :laugh:.

We know what you think and you know what I think. We going to carry this along for 20 more posts with your laughing at posts and using insulting words? Fun stuff

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Fans who evaluate on points only are the joke and don't even realize it. Doubt Suzuki ever catches Pettersson in points production but Suzuki is a better 200' center.

There is no deal here. Just each fan base throwing jabs and using insulting words acting like this debate is over.

Crosby in his prime has not put up McDavid numbers in his prime. Doesn't mean I would trade a prime Crosby for a prime McDavid.
Based on what? Quantify it. Provide statistics, metrics, or any kind of proof to back it up, otherwise it’s just feelings.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Relax with your words of choice. I already told you I don't evaluate on points only. You can.

Agreed. All this is is nit picking at this stage. Neither team makes this trade because both teams like their player. Neither player needs a change of teams.
May I ask what you evaluate on? EP is lightyears ahead on nearly every conceivable metric.

You seem to base a lot on Suzuki's potential, but he is only a year younger and has played close to the same amount games.

There isn't a GM out there that would view these guys as even remotely close to the same tier.

Pettersson is developing into a true superstar, Suzuki is a high end #2C.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Hahahhahah this is an actual discussion. Suzuki will never touch peteys production. Hell he wont even touch ahos.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What do you dwell on then? By what metrics should we evaluate these two offensive players? I’d like to hear you rationalize it with anything other than your feelings.

I'd be crazy to talk to you about things other than points at this stage. You clearly have made it clear you look at points only. There is like 10 posts of it now.

Why should I engage with posters who focus on belittle narratives and use insulting words of choice?

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Yes, the goal is winning. That's why people are saying they'd take Pettersson, who is clearly the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce