Proposal: Elias Pettersson for Jack Hughes & Taylor Hall

Who does the value favor?

• New Jersey Devils

• Vancouver Canucks

Results are only viewable after voting.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Why is vancouver trading someone they know is YOUNG and GOOD, for a rental, and a maybe?

Reactions: someguy44

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Or, bear with me here VAN knew that throwing EP into a tire fire wasn't gonna be the best thing for his development. So he tore up the Swedish league, came over one year later, won the calder and is now 11th in the league in scoring. But yes I'm sure there's no way he could have produced at a 37 point pace at 18 years old.
I wonder if the dude your quoting even realizes Petey as a D+1 had literally the best season ever for a teen in the SHL. Petey im sure would have been able to duplicate what Jack has done so far. Let's be real, Jack should have not been rushed this season. I know being a 1st overall and all the hype around the team kind of forced the hand. I just hope this doesn't screw his development.

Reactions: rotiman187

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There isn't a chance in the world Hall would ever re-sign in VanCity, so he'd only be a rental...Then becomes a straight swap, Pettersson for Hughes. So far in his first 100 games, Pettersson has 98 points, so he's basically a ppg first line center. Hughes is talented but with unknown upside.

What would Vancouver do this, other than to re-unite the Hughes brothers?

Reactions: nucksauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad