Elias Pettersson: 6 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 Point

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
John Garrett talks about him like he’s the second coming, Canadian media, finally the new stud in a market cravinf for that new stud, with his skill set, what’s been said about his play the last couple years is mostly deserved,...

absolute top notch hands, iq, vision, it’s a slump, he will get out of it, but at the same time some fans of his talk about him like he’s already in the upper tier of centre’s where only a few are. Not yet, he should be one day though. Exciting player, nothing to see here, just a slump.
Unrelated but you seem to have matured quite a bit since the last time I saw you around here. Seriously, respect. Hope you're doing well. Keep bettering yourself.

Hoping the Sabres can turn it around and get things going. I respect how passionate you are.

Cheers.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Unrelated but you seem to have matured quite a bit since the last time I saw you around here. Seriously, respect. Hope you're doing well. Keep bettering yourself.

Hoping the Sabres can turn it around and get things going. I respect how passionate you are.

Cheers.

I appreciate that, a lot of people say that about me so maybe it’s true haha..

but honestly, the sabres have not been paying like a 1-3-1 team every single game they’ve played they’ve been in until the last minute (empty net goals Make scores seem worse) also they’ve only played the flyers and caps through five games. That’s a nightmare for anyone, especially to for a team that hasn’t played in 300 days with no pre season. Still 51 games left, not gonna panic! Thanks

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I appreciate that, a lot of people say that about me so maybe it’s true haha..

but honestly, the sabres have not been paying like a 1-3-1 team every single game they’ve played they’ve been in until the last minute (empty net goals Make scores seem worse) also they’ve only played the flyers and caps through five games. That’s a nightmare for anyone, especially to for a team that hasn’t played in 300 days with no pre season. Still 51 games left, not gonna panic! Thanks
They've had a tough schedule to start.

Honestly though, I think you'll enjoy this place a lot more if you keep up this attitude. You've come a long way.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He does nothing that impresses me. Simple as that.

My take is he’s impressive but a lot of fans and as I mentioned before or colour commentators like Garrett are giddy to have him (and rightfully so) that they literally will point out anything he does and make it more then it is (at times) but hey I mean he does a ton of unreal things, certain things are warranted it’s just the hype train can be a bit high and what happens is it causes people to kind of feel negatively and think “slow down, he might be there soon not yet.” So they over react and say he’s not special at all. Kind of the vibe I’m picking up here.

For EP it’s just a slow start, saying he does nothing that impresses could be true this year I guess ina short sample size , but he does a lot of great things if you watch him for more then a brief stint that impresses most...

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Not the start to the year he was looking for obviously, but I don’t like to be too critical with how little time these players had to prepare this year.

I’m sure he’ll have a big game soon to shake out of it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
As a Canucks fan, it's been kind of concerning how he hasn't been able to make some simple plays he usually makes.

That being said, he's still showing flashes of his usual self (the odd toe drag in tight, through-the-legs on a breakaway) so it's not too bad. Once he gets one, I'm sure the rest of the production will follow.

Also, Horvat is really breaking out to be an offensive star in Petey's struggles which is a good thing.

Our main concern is our defense. So far we have nobody who has replaced Tanev's role, and it looks like Edler is starting to decline as well. Hamonic and Myers have both been plugs and Green doesn't seem to trust Juolevi.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He’s a bust. Someone quickly start a 2017 redraft thread ! Makar is numba 1! He’s a 1 hit wonder. Total bust, benning will now try to move him.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
I drafted him to my fantasy team this year AKA ruined his career. Sorry to Canucks fans in advance

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Where is that guy who created a thread about Sebastian Aho, and said that he will buy beers to everyone who quotes his post if Aho has over 20 points by the end of the season. And that was 6 or 7 games in.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Where is that guy who created a thread about Sebastian Aho, and said that he will buy beers to everyone who quotes his post if Aho has over 20 points by the end of the season. And that was 6 or 7 games in.

I think that poster disappeared later that season. Never to be seen again :laugh:

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
My take is he’s impressive but a lot of fans and as I mentioned before or colour commentators like Garrett are giddy to have him (and rightfully so) that they literally will point out anything he does and make it more then it is (at times) but hey I mean he does a ton of unreal things, certain things are warranted it’s just the hype train can be a bit high and what happens is it causes people to kind of feel negatively and think “slow down, he might be there soon not yet.” So they over react and say he’s not special at all. Kind of the vibe I’m picking up here.

For EP it’s just a slow start, saying he does nothing that impresses could be true this year I guess ina short sample size , but he does a lot of great things if you watch him for more then a brief stint that impresses most...

Please don’t take anything John Garret says seriously. . . As a Van fan, his homerism is beyond nauseating

For that matter, don’t take Hollywood North seriously either. . He’s basically Toronto’s Todd from Leduc

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad