Elias Pettersson: 6 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 Point

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Nope he's done, toast, awful even. Completely overrated. Might as well just ditch him in Montreal on Saturday and we can see what we can do with him :sarcasm:

Honestly though, good players go through droughts. Has been overrated a bit with people mistaking potential with current but still an awesome young player with a long productive career ahead of him.

Reactions: lawrence

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Pretty one dimensional playmaking centre. They are a dime a dozen.

One-dimensional? He has an elite shot, is a great playmaker, as you say, and is one of the best possession players in the league.

He's been terrible this year, but the hot takes in this thread are ridiculous, and a lot of people are going to be embarrassed in a few weeks.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Fun fact: Peter Forsberg went 8 games without a point in his (shortened) rookie season. Ended the year with 51 p in 48 gp and won the Calder over super hyped Jim Carey. Not that EP is a rookie but he’s not that much older than Forsberg was in ‘95 and the Nordiques was a much better team than current Canucks. No need to panic yet.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
People forget that some players are going to start slow this year due to no training camp. Look around the league players are getting injured from muscle pulls, small hits. That’s how it is.

I’m not worried about him. It’s not like he’s a one year wonder. He’ll pick up. He’s just too good to be ineffective.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
The said question, which is not mine by the way, is pretty relevant in this case of major disappointment.

It's only 6 games indeed, but 6 brutal games for a said top 10 player in the league.

The question, which I realize was not yours, was where Pettersen ends up in a redraft with the suggestion being that he falls back to 10th

Yea, based on 6 games at the start of his 3rd season, that def falls into the category of stupid. . Which is why it received the sarcastic response of the other poster

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Im really glad I used my 2nd pick in my fantasy draft for him.
hurting my hockey pool right now.

He was my 1st pick.
Interesting-Cat-Meme-Thinks-This-Box-Would-Be-Perfect-For-Its-Funeral.jpg

Reactions: Osprey and MrOT

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
probably similar to Dahlin looking like he didn't even belong in the NHL his first 2 games an aberration that won't last long.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
He's just waiting for the back to back against Ottawa next week. Don't you worry, we're notorious slump busters

Yikes, Matt Murray's going to need to see a counselor, first there's PTSD from Boeser and now Pete's gonna tear a new one in his defenses.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
John Garrett talks about him like he’s the second coming, Canadian media too, finally the new stud in a market craving for another bure caliber... for that new stud, with his skill set, what’s been said about his play the last couple years is mostly deserved,...(I’m not saying he plays like bure im just talking about possible star level/potential)

He has absolute top notch hands, iq, vision, ...is mean, it’s a slump, ....like all of them, he will get out of it, but at the same time some fans of his talk about him like he’s already in the upper tier of centre’s where only a few are. Not yet, he should be one day though. Exciting player, nothing to see here, just a slump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Index and Petrus

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Pettersson was ranked the 8th best player in the NHL by The Hockey News before the season.

TSN had him 14th

Canadian markets and all. Can you post the links to these lists by chance? I’ll just look it up if not

And Casey Mittelstadt. How dumb

to be fair there wasn’t much buzz for EP before the draft in the sense where you need to take this guy in the top few, looking back and I can’t remember the draft year from memory but I think he should of been the first or second pick. It wasn’t the dahlin one was it? Think The year, either way these things happen. I remember people we’re absolutely shocked Columbus chose Dubois (and recent storylines excluded) over Puuujviari and look how that turned out

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I need to dig through all the threads that claimed Petterson was better than Point.

Jeesh.
Surely we can cherry pick 6 games and call that the end of any debate, right?

Rigorous adherence to good faith arguments here. That's all I see.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews been better at every comparative level than EP.
The two players are not even comparable. Matthews is the best young goal scorer in the game today. Pettersson is an average player. He is not on the same planet as Matthews. 20 odd career goal scorer.
Who gives a shit ? They're both overrated

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the game. He does nothing great, he does not score goals or play good defense. Straight up overrated.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
The two players are not even comparable. Matthews is the best young goal scorer in the game today. Pettersson is an average player. He is not on the same planet as Matthews. 20 odd career goal scorer.

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the game. He does nothing great, he does not score goals or play good defense. Straight up overrated.
This is a take so bad that it makes me wonder if you know hockey well enough to even understand what you're seeing when you watch your own team play.

Reactions: LiveeviL and Index

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad