Proposal: Elias Petterson

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not on his own. And with Yzerman the impossible seems like a normal day in the office for him.
I have a lot of faith in Yzerman I just think it's funny how the board logic works.

Bertuzzi? Broken down, back issues, need to trade him.
Rasmussen? Probably not a center, disappointing pick, maybe a 4th liner.
Larkin? Not a 1C, 2C at most.

That's the package that lands Pettersson..

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I have a lot of faith in Yzerman I just think it's funny how the board logic works.

Bertuzzi? Broken down, back issues, need to trade him.
Rasmussen? Probably not a center, disappointing pick, maybe a 4th liner.
Larkin? Not a 1C, 2C at most.

That's the package that lands Pettersson..

We've seen worse packages land better players in the past. GMs sometimes make idiotic decisions.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I like the offer sheet idea.

$10M offer, and if they don't match it, they get 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds.

Even if one of those first rounders ends up being first overall:

a) It never would have, had we kept it, because the league hates Detroit and rigs their bingo balls in favor of more lucrative markets, and

b) Who cares, if Petterson were in next year's draft he'd probably go first overall, or at least 2nd.

I think if we added Petterson but kept Larkin, this, along with the Leddy and Nedeljkovic acquisitions, and Seider and maybe a couple of the young forwards making the roster, would allow Detroit to compete for a playoff spot immediately.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I love how people throw up random dumb shit on these boards and it breeds multiple pages of discussions.

"You know, McDavid is probably tired of living in Edmonton, so I bet we could get him for Hronek, a 1st and 2 2nds!"

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I don't know if you remember the Pettersson criticisms about him being too small.
But, he missed 1/2 the season last year.
he missed 10 games as a rookie.
He's a 45 percent faceoff guy.
His PPG dropped noticeably last season.
Very good player. But I wonder if our Swede-obsessed fan base might be overrating this guy.

I wonder if, in a seven-game series, Larkin might matchup against Pettersson and win that matchup.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Without looking, I'm sure they're asking for Larkin + Seider + 1st rounder in 2022?

You win!

And I'm not going to dunk on these fans because that's every fan base when it comes to this stuff. We get attached to players and ask the moon and stars.

Furthermore, trades usually happen in the NHL when someone is forced to take action. So that's why real world trade value is different than the hypothetical vacuum of these forums. It's why Eichel will never return what Buffalo fans are hoping for. It's pretty unusual a star player gets value back in a trade that matches what we see fans ask for on this forum.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
You win!

And I'm not going to dunk on these fans because that's every fan base when it comes to this stuff. We get attached to players and ask the moon and stars.

Furthermore, trades usually happen in the NHL when someone is forced to take action. So that's why real world trade value is different than the hypothetical vacuum of these forums. It's why Eichel will never return what Buffalo fans are hoping for. It's pretty unusual a star player gets value back in a trade that matches what we see fans ask for on this forum.
Haha...I ended up looking and someone even sarcastically said, "We'll just throw in Raymond, too, if that's okay." I lol'd

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I made the same thread on the Canucks forum...
Proposal: - Dylan Larkin + for Pettersson

Their asking price is hilarious.

They are essentially saying Pettersson isn't available. Any fair offer would likely involve the 'nucks wanting to deal him, and I just don't see any situation where that's the case. Which means they probably aren't going to get fair value back, which is something no fan base wants to entertain regarding moving one of their star players.

After this season, I think the question Yzerman might want to ask Vancouver is how desperate are they to unload OEL?

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I made the same thread on the Canucks forum...
Proposal: - Dylan Larkin + for Pettersson

Their asking price is hilarious.

I mean... is it though? They've got absolutely zero reason to trade Pettersson. Like negative reasons. What they're saying is this.... "The price you would have to pay us for Pettersson is so high that it would be an incredibly stupid move for you to make and it would be a move that would be impossible for us to turn down"

I don't understand this weird fixation on "hahah, they're overvaluing their guy!" He's a star player for Vancouver. Absent a Jack Eichel situation where he is trying to force himself out of there, you just don't have a prayer in hell's chance of prying a young, established 1C away from a team for anything but an absurd overpay. What's "hilarious" is that you went to another team's board with an unsolicited offer, they gave you offers that show they're not remotely interested in dealing the guy, and you thought to come back here and laugh at their valuations.

E: This being said, I did raise my eyebrow at the trade in which Vancouver was somehow dealing Zadina back to us. That's an "interesting" one.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What if we would offer-sheet Pettersson for 1-year, 13M?

Same style like Kotkaniemi offer was. Vacouver does not have any chance to keep him. They'll take the picks. We'll then re-sign him a lot cheaper thanks to this first "front-loading year".
Like, he knows that we overpaid by 5M for this single year.

Then, with a mutual agreement, he'll take 1M less for the next 5 years on a long-term deal. He is kid of 8M valued player and would be signed for 7M.

So the whole picture would be 13+7+7+7+7+7 for 6 years. Two different deals, 1-year offer-sheet and 5-year extension.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
What if we would offer-sheet Pettersson for 1-year, 13M?

Same style like Kotkaniemi offer was. Vacouver does not have any chance to keep him. They'll take the picks. We'll then re-sign him a lot cheaper thanks to this first "front-loading year".
Like, he knows that we overpaid by 5M for this single year.

Then, with a mutual agreement, he'll take 1M less for the next 5 years on a long-term deal. He is kid of 8M valued player and would be signed for 7M.

So the whole picture would be 13+7+7+7+7+7 for 6 years. Two different deals, 1-year offer-sheet and 5-year extension.

Why does he do that and not 6x9 with Vancouver for more total money? Why does he sign a 5/35 deal with after he got 1 year at 13?

Him and his agent don’t have any reason to “play ball” with you on a cheaper contract because you overpaid to pry him off another roster

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why does he do that and not 6x9 with Vancouver for more total money? Why does he sign a 5/35 deal with after he got 1 year at 13?

Him and his agent don’t have any reason to “play ball” with you on a cheaper contract because you overpaid to pry him off another roster

Because Yzerman does negotiate that way, if he get mutual agreement for that. Same has happened with Kotkaniemi. He has already mutually agreed for cheaper 2nd extension. They'll get him for probably 3-4 million at next deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad