Proposal: Elias Petterson

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And despite his accomplishments, Hughes has absolutely no leverage so they can play hardball with him right down to the wire driving that price down.

Dangerous game to be playing. Watching those three brothers on draft day would put a little fear into me about a flight risk if he's not feeling valued in Vancouver..

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Dangerous game to be playing. Watching those three brothers on draft day would put a little fear into me about a flight risk if he's not feeling valued in Vancouver..

My overall point is that the Hughes/Petterson situation is more financially manageable than many fans realize.

Like I said, they can still offer him up to 7 mill AAV on a 1 year deal. by no means, am I suggesting they should low ball him

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Like I said, they can still offer him up to 7 mill AAV on a 1 year deal. by no means, am I suggesting they should low ball him

Oh I hear you. I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, just saying they need to tread lightly how they handle Quinn. I don't think they can afford to give him anything but exactly what he feels is fair.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Offer-sheet him.

Yzerman is so good on trades, that he could make offer-sheet look like as a friendly act. :)

Ehf1JcZXsAAfB3G.jpg

2021 should be same as 2020, because cap did stand pat.

But in reality, offer-sheet is like a "trade", you get a nice compensation fo draft picks.

Something between 8.8 and under 10M, I think would be the try.

Bit of a tangent but I would love to see offer sheet compensation come down. Its so pricey its never worth doing it.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
We deal larkin for Pettersson and we look an awful lot like Buffalo where they had Eichel and a lot of nothing behind him.
We don't look awful right now? I doubt we get worse with Petterson only losing Larkin and Bert who missed last year and has back issues...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We don't look awful right now? I doubt we get worse with Petterson only losing Larkin and Bert who missed last year and has back issues...

I don't think we move the needle much either way with the tradeoff. We get a higher end player back but we're still missing that piece to make the second line go. And if it was an easy piece to acquire we wouldn't still be making do with signing guys like Namestnikov or Suter.

If you're making a big move for Petterson, you're doing it to take that next step as an organization. But you can only take that step with a second line in place.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don't think we move the needle much either way with the tradeoff. We get a higher end player back but we're still missing that piece to make the second line go. And if it was an easy piece to acquire we wouldn't still be making do with signing guys like Namestnikov or Suter.

If you're making a big move for Petterson, you're doing it to take that next step as an organization. But you can only take that step with a second line in place.
Maybe that one year of "step back" gets Shane Wright in fold? Petterson and Wright could be 1A 1B

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad