Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jftam

Jun 28, 2013

2:49 very cheeky move, thought he was going backhand shelf for sure, but slides it backhand 5 hole
11:58 his wrister is so quick

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Petey being in the fastest skater competition was a blessing, he now will come back next year as the fastest skater like he did with his one timer

God I love this 1st line center

He actually might be at some point, he's pretty fast with such a slender body and little muscle, here were the results:

Kendall Coyne (U.S. Women’s National Team) – 14.346 seconds
Miro Heiskanen (Dallas Stars) – 13.914 seconds
Clayton Keller (Arizona Coyotes) – 14.526 seconds
Elias Pettersson (Vancouver Canucks) – 13.930 seconds
Cam Atkinson (Columbus Blue Jackets) – 14.152 seconds
Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres) – 13.582 seconds
Mathew Barzal (New York Islanders) – 13.780 seconds
Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers) – 13.378 seconds

I'm excited to see how Q.Hughes would fare in this competition, his edges are probably already at the level of McDavids

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wasn't Willes the guy the lead the charge against Gillis as well? This isn't the first time he's pulled crap like this. How these clowns stay employed is beyond me.
Willes is definitely choked that Linden was given the old heave ho....

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The worst thing is when the media gets an ego and thinks that they don't need to earn the respect of the player, and forget their role in this business. The condescending commentary around his rookie status or him being European is disgraceful.

They literally spent a year asking him about his weight - why should he respect these morons?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Elias Pettersson: ”Så klart bryr jag mig”

Pettersson upset on himself for the bad puck control.
Uh oh, with what we know about Petey, if he starts beating himself up over it, he won’t stop until he’s a bloody pulp. ;)

“Does it make you want to go back home to Sweden?" Still so gross.
But again, that was a completely non-serious throwaway line by a cameraman, not an actual question by a reporter. People have to stop citing this as evidence of anything about the sportswriters – they have plenty of their own sins.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Petey already has that swagger that all elite talents possess....he's good and he knows it, but is also driven to get better. His ppg stats are on par with some of the greats of the game through his first 36 games, and it's hardly a fluke. This Canuck team was projected to be an NHL bottom-feeder in terms of offense, and certainly would have been if Pettersson hadn't burst on the scene. And it's not like he's getting a ton of help from the rest of the roster.

But to me me it just reinforces what a crap-shoot the draft really is. Clearly he's the best player out of the 2017 draft by a country mile, and should never have dropped to fifth overall. And if by some miracle Patrick or Hischier had fallen to the Canucks at #5 that year, posters would have been over the moon.

In fact there were rumors that the Canucks were trying to move up the draft to snag one of the two d-men available, Heiskanen or Makar. They seemed particularly high on Makar.

But I guess when you're in the midst of a rebuild, pure blind luck sometimes plays a big part in it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The worst thing is when the media gets an ego and thinks that they don't need to earn the respect of the player, and forget their role in this business. The condescending commentary around his rookie status or him being European is disgraceful.

They literally spent a year asking him about his weight - why should he respect these morons?
Add to that the comments about wanting to stay here...So they think he should act a certain way while those idiots can't even act respectful? Talk about a bunch of hypocritical babies.....honestly i could care less about these guys sensitivities.

Like it wasn't enough with the local pinheads.... CBCs embarassing cringeworthy after hours about how to pronounce his name was brutal as well.

EP must think North American media are fools. How about from now on just let Dan Murphy do the interviews

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Add to that the comments about wanting to stay here...So they think he should act a certain way while those idiots can't even act respectful? Talk about a bunch of hypocritical babies.....honestly i could care less about these guys sensitivities.

Like it wasn't enough with the local pinheads.... CBCs embarassing cringeworthy after hours about how to pronounce his name was brutal as well.

EP must think North American media are fools. How about from now on just let Dan Murphy do the interviews

I wonder how many Canucks fans in percentage give a shit about how he treats members of the media whatsoever.

It is a media problem created by the media.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Reminds me of a Ray Ferraro anecdote where he asked the on ice referee if he thought the fans were paying to watch the officials. Why does Ed Willes think he is relevant? Could not stand him long before this.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
While I don’t think anyone will come close to touching McDavid in this era, I think EP will have a legit shot of being known as the 2nd best player of this generation. Better than Matthews, better than Laine, better than Dahlin, better than Eichel, etc. etc.

Otherwise I would be very disappointed and the whole province of Medelpad would. He represented Medalpad in the annual Swedish youth hockey competition. Here's that team.
EP40 in the TV Pucken.jpeg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I dont think its attitude but more of a language barrier. For such a young kid he handles himself well with the media. I really hope he just stays as himself and our organization doesn't try to 'work with him'. How stupid is that.

He also comes from an area in Sweden where they are known to give very straight and short answers.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lmao... reporters thinking they matter is hilarious !!

Ed Willis is the biggest joke. He was a Linde Puppet and has zero source since Linden got the boot.

Aquallini has called out Willis before as well.

Id love it if we just banned his media pass. What a disgrace to journalism.

The ego on him is beyond narcism

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad