Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
A cutout from Expressen:
"If you got to choose a player to play with , who would you choose?
– Forsberg.
If you could choose from all players that played in the league?
– Forsberg.
Filip Forsberg?
(insert alien "are you for real?" stare)
– N0, Peter Forsberg.
Wich goalie do you not want to meet?
– I dont know. I dont think like that."
I hope he becomes the next Forsberg, we in Sweden need some good Cs for the kids to look up to.
Sorry if the English sucks, am at work, so i just direct translated in my head.

Good English. Much appreciated. Not disappointed.

Reactions: ZEBROA

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He was better then i thought. You all understand he will implement stuff like this in his training, just to kill em all next year. (maby not the speed thing, that was just a wierd choice, they must have thought "if he realy is a alien..." )

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Real glad he was in fastest skater rather than passing, accuracy shooting or hardest shot. It really plays to his strength given how the league can't get over how fast Pettersson is and won't stop talking about his speed.

Would have preferred that too, but if anything it showed that he's actually pretty fast too.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Pettersson did pretty well as skater. 13.9 was just 0.5 slower than mcdavid. Tied with hesikanen who got serious wheels.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
its a captain feature

the captain I want

I do remember prefering Kesler over Sedins for captaincy

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Our media

Not to get political, but journalists really really hate it when you don't play their game and suck up to them. They ran Gillis out of town because he didn't play along. If you think they're trash, it means you're wrong so hit the road, they're journalists and they're above players, executives and fans. Going to have a hard time doing the same with Pettersson with how he's performing, he might be invulnerable to them.

I for one look forward to the shitshow if Vancouver reporters get themselves worked up over Pettersson's attitude before he is tamed by PR.

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Im sure a lot of it had to do with nerves and being in the spotlight at his first all star game as a rookie, but I’m kind of glad Elias messed up a little on the puck handling drill and that he didn’t win the fastest skater in this years skills competition because you know he’s going to work his ass off to make sure that he becomes elite moving forward with regards to those attributes as well. I think he’s already incredible in pretty much every category but with his work ethic and drive to be the best mentality, he’s only going to get better.. Sometimes I have to remind myself that he’s only 20 and a rookie in the NHL. He’s already a phenomenal player, but imagine how much better he can still become. His potential and ceiling is out of this world:gargoyle:

Last edited:

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Our media is entitled. They assume everyone has to cooperate with them, like it’s some law, or oven ethical requirement. That’s why they all hated Gillis, because he didn’t play their game.

Definitely. Gillis was all business. Not one to joke around about a job he took very seriously. Granted he could've shined the media on better or deflected better, but watching amateurs with a mic come up and ask him who he's targeting at the trade deadline or who's on the trading block was brutal. Like give your head a shake.

Equally weird nowadays are these not-exactly-questions from clunky speaking media people who expect the player to humor them. ie. "Talk a bit about the pass from Boeser tonight."

Var

Nov 10, 2007
They are talking with a kid from the north .They are mostly down to earth and say like it is.

There's a lot of good ones, you're right but it's such a mixed bag. We're getting well thought out, high quality questions mixed in with some that sound like nails on a chalkboard. "Does it make you want to go back home to Sweden?" Still so gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad