Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1339.gif

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary fans didn't boo Hamilton or Ferland when they arrived in the 'Dome earlier this year. Not sure why it happened in Carolina for Ryan/Hanifin/Lindholm especially before they even started the game but I can't blame Lindholm mocking them for it.

Here's Lindholm's post-game interview, his jersey was possibly thrown onto the ice (according to Hanifin's interview) and he was booed during the pregame "welcome back" message. :dunno:

Also, it's not going to be the last time a player mocks the Carolina win celebration. It's basically easy fodder for that kinda stuff especially anytime they lose.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
lols

i'm guessing lindholm didn't enjoy his time in carolina much
I've never heard that from him at all. I believe his issue was the fan reception he got upon returning to Raleigh (fans booing him).

That was probably particularly hard to take since the Canes got rid of him through a trade because he wouldn't let them low ball him into a new contract... and its not like he was asking for an enormous amount since he re-signed with the Flames for 6 yrs x $4.85M.
After his treatment by Canes management he's probably a little bitter and then the booing during the game by the fans was just icing on the cake.

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
Haha that's f***ing hilarious. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ER89

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don’t blame him for doing it if he was booed before the game even started.

It’s not his fault he was traded. They were supposedly lowballing him in contract negotiations (from what I read anyway), and seeing what he signed for in Calgary it makes me believe it’s true.

$4.85M x 6 seems pretty fair. It’s only a $2.1M raise over what he was already making and it bought 3 or 4 UFA years (1/2 the contract or more). Plus it’s a very standard contract structure. There are no bunuses at all, no type of trade protection and the cash payout each year is roughly the same as his cap hit (within $1M every year).

If Carolina fans hadn’t booed him, I would say that Lindholm was in the wrong. But I feel carolina fans kinda had it coming. After all, if you can’t take it, then don’t dish it out, right?

Anyway, just my 2 cents for whatever it’s worth (not much...lol)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Has nothing to do with his character or mocking what the canes do post win. Canes fans were apparently booing him. As a canes fan I say good for him. He didn’t ask to be traded, wasn’t demanding too much money, he was part of the new ownership putting their stamp on the team and “changing the culture” which ends up being a slight on he and Hanifin that’s ridiculously undeserved. They were hardly the problem.

Good for him for enjoying the moment. Canes fans deserve that if they boo’d him. The franchise deserved it for the way trade went down. I’m actually happy all the ex-canes scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad