Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Who said it was an issue? I'm a Carolina fan and I don't care. They booed him and he got the last laugh. It ain't no big damn deal.

Why are people on this forum such freaking drama queens?
A lot of people in this thread are calling him out, lol. [mod]

What a classless *******. No wonder they traded him away.

What a loser

Well he's a bad sport.

So cringe....

Not very respectfull by Lindholm. Even if its in jest, got to be some bad blood between him and the Canes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sayonara77

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
Calgary fans didn't boo Hamilton or Ferland when they arrived in the 'Dome earlier this year. Not sure why it happened in Carolina for Ryan/Hanifin/Lindholm especially before they even started the game but I can't blame Lindholm mocking them for it.

Here's Lindholm's post-game interview, his jersey was possibly thrown onto the ice (according to Hanifin's interview) and he was booed during the pregame "welcome back" message. :dunno:

Also, it's not going to be the last time a player mocks the Carolina win celebration. It's basically easy fodder for that kinda stuff especially anytime they lose.

How many points did they get?

treadwell

Mar 8, 2018
The booing of Lindholm was unfortunate as I think fans in Carolina generally liked him. I don't think the boos were directed at him specifically.His name shown on the jumbotron as part of a list that was topped by former coach Bill Peters who was generally disliked. Not sure why the organizers decided to display the former coach on the same welcome back list as players.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The booing of Lindholm was unfortunate as I think fans in Carolina generally liked him. I don't think the boos were directed at him specifically.His name shown on the jumbotron as part of a list that was topped by former coach Bill Peters who was generally disliked. Not sure why the organizers decided to display the former coach on the same welcome back list as players.

Not sure if this was put in here or not yet, but rumor was that lindholm had a pretty major fallout with management when leaving. Lebrun has said on multiple occasions they were in a room where not a lot of nice thing were said, and he was traded the next day. So that would have put the sour taste in his mouth, then to have fans boo etc., well he just wanted to show who gets the last laugh. I have no problem with it, why do they players have to take it idlely from management and fans all the time? The game could use more of this, liven it up a little

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
People complain about the lack of drama/hatered in the league but think him joking around like this is unsportsmanlike? Lol
I like the Canes post game celly’s and I like him mocking them

Reactions: TopCheese

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Understandable but not very smart. That's definitely going to carry over.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
People tends to (sadly) reject things that are foreign and ”not natural” to their standards. It really says more about the grumpy people here or the likes of Burke than anything else - theyre old, tired and stuck in the 30’s
It's also not really part of the sports culture here. It isn't just grumpy old men who thinks the celebrations are corny.

People are free to mock and people are free to think they are meanies for doing it. I have a hard time seeing this as xenophobic though, which is the implication being made.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I didn't say that they were.

But then who really cares? Like the fan base he ‘trolled’ doesn’t even care that he did it.

There’s a lot of comments in here about how the Canes fans need to suck it up and take it if we’re going to dish it out but we don’t honestly give a f*** that he did it in the first place.

So take it up with those SJW sports posters who have an issue. It’s not a Canes fan problem

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Meanwhile, quotes from actual Canes fans from the Carolina game thread, FWIW:

So it appears he got served and he served back.

I’m not worried about the taunt, I just wish he had been half that salty when he played for us. Maybe he would have had his breakout year sooner?

Should he have taken the high road and just skated off the ice? Sure, but they were asking for it.

Not to belabor the Lindy taunt, but I'd say in general it's fair game for opposing players to clap if they win. I

Totally fine with Lindy doing it. Part of the allure of sports is the emotional component.

3. when you have a defined celebration like this, you open yourself up to this kind of thing happening and it's up to you to decide if it's worth it to take the backlash that comes with it.

I have no problem with what Lindholm did and if anyone's to blame for that it's on Dundon for not negotiating with him.

As far as Lindholm mocking the Viking clap? I'm fine with it. I'd be talking out of both sides of my mouth defending the Canes celebration as harmless fun and then getting upset about another player mocking it.

I think this take from a Canes Country contributor is spot on. Especially since Lindholm was booed multiple times before this even happened.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Still waiting for the opposing team to mock their little mini-game celebration after a win. I love me some controversy. Whew.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Like I said, there's nothing that states a fan has to "respect" a player from another team. These guys get paid millions to play a game and it's the fans that are paying for if so they can boo if they want. Don't like it? too bad.

And good for Lindy showing some personality and mocking the celebration. Nice to see that vs. the same old plain stuff we always see.

You should respect even a silly tribute to a former player, it is a tribute from your own team. It is not like if you get paid millions you are not human any more, you get paid to play. The fans dont have to respect but if they dont they are stupid. Yes a fan could have a dog whos been attacked by a cat named Lindy and thats why they boo. Still stupid.

U cant outrun stupid, just point it out. So if i dont like it i point it out. Thats what i can do. Dont like it , too bad ;)

You seem to be a great fan yourself and minding your own buisness. We got different takes on this and none of us will ever be right, so lets just leave it.

I am not a fan of either Canes or Calgary so i step out of here now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Multi-millionaire athlete mocking fans of his ex-team after a regular season game.

Ooooooh, big man in a big moment.

I missed the part where money erases the distaste people have for being disliked.

No one’s saying he’s a big man, those defending him are saying it’s understandable because no one likes being booed. The whole “he’s rich” thing is just such a sad argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad