Elias Lindholm trolls and mocks Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Nice slash, Hammy.
Feel pretty confident that the Flames wouldn't trade Lindholm back for the whole package they sent to Carolina. Hanifin is just a bonus.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Losing Ferland will hurt, but if Fox signs we’ll be happy.

Lindholm would be a 40 point player in Carolina. We don’t have JG.
I agree 100%.
I'm more commenting on the fit that Lindholm is for them more than the overall value.
And Fox certainly has a chance to change that though

JacquesCousteau

a great caniac
Jun 6, 2018
I'm fine with the taunt. If we don't like it we can beat him next time. I only wish he was that full of piss and vinegar when he played for us.

Regarding the booing, I was at the game. He received boos twice. The first time was when they said welcome back the following former-Hurricanes and listed the following names on the jumbotron: Bill Peters; Elias Lindholm; Noah Hanifan and Derek Ryan. There was a smattering of boos, I'm guessing most of that was directed at Peters but who knows. The second time was when his name was announced after he scored. It was hardly a brutal reception.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Still not sure what happened??? Seems like Lindholm isn't classless overall, was he getting trolled by fans?

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I missed the part where money erases the distaste people have for being disliked.

No one’s saying he’s a big man, those defending him are saying it’s understandable because no one likes being booed. The whole “he’s rich” thing is just such a sad argument.

He clearly has the discipline necessary to become an elite pro athlete and the daily comforts/luxuries that are provided by the millions of dollars that come with being said athlete...

Yet those qualities are not enough to protect his fragile feelings from boos that trigger a childish response.

Really makes me miss truly great athletes like Joe Sakic and Barry Sanders, who ironically achieved levels of greatness that would afford them to act so arrogantly yet they chose to behave dignified.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
He clearly has the discipline necessary to become an elite pro athlete and the daily comforts/luxuries that are provided by the millions of dollars that come with being said athlete...

Yet those qualities are not enough to protect his fragile feelings from boos that trigger a childish response.

Really makes me miss truly great athletes like Joe Sakic and Barry Sanders, who ironically achieved levels of greatness that would afford them to act so arrogantly yet they chose to behave dignified.
I see you sporting a Gretzky avatar, remember when Gretzky called the New Jersey Devils a Mickey Mouse club ? I guess that's an example of being arrogant and not so dignified. The whole Lindholm thing has been so blown out of proportion, everyone loves to be offended and outraged these days.

Reactions: King In The North

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I see you sporting a Gretzky avatar, remember when Gretzky called the New Jersey Devils a Mickey Mouse club ? I guess that's an example of being arrogant and not so dignified. The whole Lindholm thing has been so blown out of proportion, everyone loves to be offended and outraged these days.

So many people forget this or weren't born.

Gretzky went on a tangent calling them a joke and an embarrassment.

Reactions: Mitts

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018

Did I say Gretzky's remark was in good taste? I chuckled at what Lindholm, but it doesn't make him any less of a sensitive snowflake, speaking of those that are easily offended.....

Btw, do you even know the origins of the Mickey Mouse comment? It's about the polar opposite in spirit of what Lindholm did.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Did I say Gretzky's remark was in good taste? I chuckled at what Lindholm, but it doesn't make him any less of a sensitive snowflake, speaking of those that are easily offended.....
I'm just pointing out how you "miss" the good old days of classy players, while you sport your Gretzky avatar. What makes you think Lindholm was sensitive about it ? Looks to me like he's clearly having fun. Be different if he gave the crowd the middle finger.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I'm just pointing out how you "miss" the good old days of classy players, while you sport your Gretzky avatar. What makes you think Lindholm was sensitive about it ? Looks to me like he's clearly having fun. Be different if he gave the crowd the middle finger.

And Gretzky wasn't classy? He was actually pissed that the Devils were clearly tanking in '83-'84 and felt that it was a disgrace after the Oilers dropped 13 goals on them one night, yet at no point did he advocate for their relocation.

Lindholm having fun? He wasn't exactly signing autographs for children. He was mocking the Canes and their fans because his elite athlete, millionaire ego was hurt. Poor baby.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
And Gretzky wasn't classy? He was actually pissed that the Devils were clearly tanking in '83-'84 and felt that it was a disgrace after the Oilers dropped 13 goals on them one night, yet at no point did he advocate for their relocation.

Lindholm having fun? He wasn't exactly signing autographs for children. He was mocking the Canes and their fans because his elite athlete, millionaire ego was hurt. Poor baby.
Oh the humanity !

broncoitis

Mar 16, 2008
NC
After defending the Canes celebrations in the other thread I can only say... What's good for the goose is good for the gander. No problems with Lindholm

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Lol at that guy forgetting the two-finger salute Gretzky often had for the Calgary crowd.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nice slash, Hammy.
Feel pretty confident that the Flames wouldn't trade Lindholm back for the whole package they sent to Carolina. Hanifin is just a bonus.

Pretty much.
It's nice finding a #3/4D with even upside :laugh:

Legit, today, wouldn't trade Hamilton, Fox and Ferland for Lindholm straight up, even if Ferly had a few years left.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So much this.

Yet Canes fans aren't really getting mad about it, so not sure what point he's trying to make? Yah, a few people over-reacted during the GDT, mainly because of being pissed about the non-goalie interference call and losing a game, but people over-react in the GDT all the time, which is why I usually stay out of them once the game starts. Since then, every Canes fan I've seen on here or talked to has been just fine with what Lindholm did, many of them getting a chuckle out of it. I personally have no issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->