Speculation: Eklund: Rangers Coach "Quietly" Pushing for a Big Trade to Change Culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm shocked.

DRYOv.gif

Bardof425*

Dominic Moore hasn't player NHL hockey in a year. Brian Boyle has

and that matters why? Moore has been in the league for 9+ years; do you think he forgot how to take a draw? Moore >>> Boyle

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Boyle played like ass for most the year, but was full-speed by the time the playoffs hit (I recognize I set myself up for a joke there).

The next time Moore starts less than 40% of his shifts in the offensive zone will be his first. He's a good PKer and is certainly more creative offensively than Boyle is, but he's not a better option as a checking center (IMO).

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I like the luxury of having Boyle and D. Moore. Having both gives the Rangers a very complete 4th line, which has been our achilles heel for like what 10 years now?

Bardof425*

Boyle played like ass for most the year, but was full-speed by the time the playoffs hit (I recognize I set myself up for a joke there).

The next time Moore starts less than 40% of his shifts in the offensive zone will be his first. He's a good PKer and is certainly more creative offensively than Boyle is, but he's not a better option as a checking center (IMO).

He's a very good pker; he's very good on draws and since he is an accomplished defensive center who has a much better overall game than BB he is a better option for our lineup after Step, Brass and Richie. Boyle can be moved; if he stays then AV will have to figure out who he trusts more when we are protecting a lead.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's a very good pker; he's very good on draws and since he is an accomplished defensive center who has a much better overall game than BB he is a better option for our lineup after Step, Brass and Richie. Boyle can be moved; if he stays then AV will have to figure out who he trusts more when we are protecting a lead.

Or, God forbid, they both play together?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Want to stay long term? Sign quietly. See Dubinsky. The organization is committed to their structure.

Bit of a stretch maybe. And like I said I do not think this is what's happening.

See Dubinsky? Dubinsky was a player who's play and production never really improved. He never developed the consistent offensive game that he showed flashes of having. Dubsinsky became overpaid. He didn't get dealt becasue he didn't "sign quietly"

Assuming this "rumor" is true, I hardly see it being a ploy to get Stepan to sign.

Bardof425*

Or, God forbid, they both play together?

that could happen. Back to the subject, the only way I see the Rangers making a deal at this point is if they need to clear up cap space to get Step signed. Otherwise I think we stay pat until the trading deadline (outside of callups)

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Only thing I can think of is AV wants to bring Morrow in. Morrow has stated that the team he wants to play for is looking for a way to fit him in and AV saw a lot of him in the west. Figure you trade Boyle, MZA and Pyatt, i think they bring in Morrow. Far fetched as all hell but maybe?

I want to bring Morrow in too. He played very well for Pittsburgh down the stretch last year.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
See Dubinsky? Dubinsky was a player who's play and production never really improved. He never developed the consistent offensive game that he showed flashes of having. Dubsinsky became overpaid. He didn't get dealt becasue he didn't "sign quietly"

Assuming this "rumor" is true, I hardly see it being a ploy to get Stepan to sign.

It is an example of a former "homegrown darling" who found himself on the outs and was moved. Part of the reason he wound up overpaid was because he fought for every dollar every time his was up. Something you can't blame him for doing. And ultimately his production is on him. But it also could be used to send a message of "don't think your number is in the rafters yet kid".

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Only thing I can think of is AV wants to bring Morrow in. Morrow has stated that the team he wants to play for is looking for a way to fit him in and AV saw a lot of him in the west. Figure you trade Boyle, MZA and Pyatt, i think they bring in Morrow. Far fetched as all hell but maybe?

Why would the Rangers move quality depth for a broken down, aging Morrow? I'd rather have either of Boyle/Zuccarello on their own than Morrow, let alone moving both of them to accomodate space for him. It's not even that I think those two are more valuable as players (which I do), I think they're important to the locker room culture. Both are well liked and excellent teammates.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Because of the source, I refuse to click the link, read the article and give that sight traffic. However, there's still a conversation to be had...

Sounds like he wants to infuse some skill possibly into the line-up.

PLEASE DISCUSS THE RUMOR, NOT THE SOURCE!!

I could see Boyle being moved. Mason Raymond is still out there.
Boyle out and...

Can't see AV wanting Boyle moved.
Hemsky in.

Bottom 6 guys are replaceable....Moore, Prust, Ortmeyer, etc. all guys many didn't want to see go but the team can live without. I love Boyle but a guy like Hemsky in the top6 can be a nice addition, especially in an AV system. If Hags and Cally don't start the season, the team is going to need offense somewhere and although I love to see Boyles big body coming charging off the wing with the puck driving to the net, I don't think he's going to bring the level of offensive production Hemsky can, who's got legit PP/G potential.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
That's like changing the concept on your contest entry before the contest starts. Who are we going to bring in all of a sudden and what kind of holes are we going to create? Glen Sather isn't stupid. The man doese't trade jack **** unless he's winning on the deal. I can believe that AV has intentions to make this HIS team instead of John Tortorella's team but given what he's given to work with, I will find it strange that Sather will take a step back from what he's worked so hard to build in order to please the coach. It doesn't make sense to do it now when the trade deadline isn't for several months.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Because of the source, I refuse to click the link, read the article and give that sight traffic. However, there's still a conversation to be had...

Boyle out and...

Hemsky in.

Bottom 6 guys are replaceable....Moore, Prust, Ortmeyer, etc. all guys many didn't want to see go but the team can live without. I love Boyle but a guy like Hemsky in the top6 can be a nice addition, especially in an AV system. If Hags and Cally don't start the season, the team is going to need offense somewhere and although I love to see Boyles big body coming charging off the wing with the puck driving to the net, I don't think he's going to bring the level of offensive production Hemsky can, who's got legit PP/G potential.
Do you know who else the team can live without? Ales Hemsky.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
MacTavish just held a press conference to tell everyone that Hemsky is off the market.

So...yeah.
Because there was no interest in Ales Hemsky, we're pulling him off the market.

Equivalent of suspending a kid for cutting classes.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
It is an example of a former "homegrown darling" who found himself on the outs and was moved. Part of the reason he wound up overpaid was because he fought for every dollar every time his was up. Something you can't blame him for doing. And ultimately his production is on him. But it also could be used to send a message of "don't think your number is in the rafters yet kid".

And my point is he was dealt because of his play not his contentious contract negotiation. Dubinsky made Dubinsky overpaid. That's the only reason he became overpaid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad