Rumor: Eklund: Habs Have Talks with Edmonton Regarding Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
We should be going after Yakupov, not Eberle.

I agree with this as well.

Yakupov's game is turning around but gets limited ice time from Eakins. He is still on an entry level contract (Eberle's cap hit of $6 mill is high), can be had for cheaper, and still has a high upside (30 goal scorer).

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
This thread needs to lighten up a bit

funny-gifs-dancing-alone1.gif

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'd definitely be willing to trade Emelin + for Eberle

I would have a hard time trading Emelin. I probably sound crazy but I might even give Tinordi away first. Tinordi has more value than Emelin I would think (Younger, more potential) and would probably cost us less in value that we need to add.

I would love Eberle on this team, he would be perfect for us I think. Imagine having a young core including Eberle, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty... It would mean that we would have a solid forward group for at least 5 years. Not many teams have that kind of stability.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I agree with this as well.

Yakupov's game is turning around but gets limited ice time from Eakins. He is still on an entry level contract (Eberle's cap hit of $6 mill is high), can be had for cheaper, and still has a high upside (30 goal scorer).
I don't think Yakupov can be had for cheaper if Edmonton is trying to move Eberle.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I would have a hard time trading Emelin. I probably sound crazy but I might even give Tinordi away first. Tinordi has more value than Emelin I would think (Younger, more potential) and would probably cost us less in value that we need to add.

I would love Eberle on this team, he would be perfect for us I think. Imagine having a young core including Eberle, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty... It would mean that we would have a solid forward group for at least 5 years. Not many teams have that kind of stability.
The only bright side about trading Tinordi to Edmonton is that we wouldn't have to regret it because his career would be going nowhere. Poor guy.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I wouldn't touch Yakupov. I predict he's gonna end up being like a similar version of Semin. Yes he is skilled, but not very smart and after one good season he will demand huge money that he cannot possibly live up to, if he doesn't get it of course he will threaten to go play in Russia..next!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think Yakupov can be had for cheaper if Edmonton is trying to move Eberle.

I think Edmonton has to move Yakupov. I don't see him re-signing there, not unless there's a massive change. If they don't move him and things persist, he will bolt over to Russia.
He's a #1 overall pick, scored 17 goals in his shortened rookie season. Then Eakens comes in with his sheriff hat on and all that attitude, he craps on Yakupov, eventually uses him as a 3rd liner...
I don't see how Yak re-signs there.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I wouldn't touch Yakupov. I predict he's gonna end up being like a similar version of Semin. Yes he is skilled, but not very smart and after one good season he will demand huge money that he cannot possibly live up to, if he doesn't get it of course he will threaten to go play in Russia..next!

That's a lot of judgment based on pretty much nothing..

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
That's a lot of judgment based on pretty much nothing..
Yes it is, that's why it's a prediction. One dimensional players like him are almost never worth their contracts. I thank god every day we got Galchenyuk from that draft, who's so much more versatile and will a better all-around player.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Eberle scored 35 goals for a bad team one year, chance there get him straightened could be gem. However, given he makes 6 million a year and been inconsistent, cannot see his trade value being high.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes it is, that's why it's a prediction. One dimensional players like him are almost never worth their contracts. I thank god every day we got Galchenyuk from that draft, who's so much more versatile and will a better all-around player.

Yakupov in Mtl =/= Yakupov in EDM.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary

I disagree. Put Yakupov in MTL and he likely ends up as good as Galchenyuk.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

Yep, would not touch Yakupov with a 10 foot pole.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Yep, would not touch Yakupov with a 10 foot pole.
I disagree. Put Yakupov in MTL and he likely ends up as good as Galchenyuk.

They're different players. Galchenyuk makes everybody around him better, is bigger and has better hands, whereas Yakupov plays a Ovechkin kind of game. It's like comparing Malkin to Ovie, in term of style of course; Malkin is more useful to a team, so is Galchenyuk.

That being said I'm HF Habs boards' Yakupov's #1 supporter, I think he'll develop into a 40 goal scorer, maybe more. The Oilers would be foolishly impatient to trade him, the kid has pedigree, poise and grittyness, he's a Russian pitbull. Les haineux le hainent because he plays for a crappy disorganized and directionless Oilers team, because he's cocky like PK, and because he's Russian. He'd immediatly become a Pacioretty type of threat if he played on our team; with a higher ceilling. It must be depressing as hell to play for the Oilers, especially with the treatment they gave him (spoiled ******** with all their #1 overall picks).

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I knew they'd be after Emelin.

That being said, he has a NTC... good luck convincing him he wants to play in that ****hole

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How quickly times change. A month ago half the posters here would have traded Emelin for a bag of Lays chips and a glove dryer.

The only thing I was worried about was people taking runs at Subban after Emelin Clocks someone.
Then I realized they already run at Subban. :nod:

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
If its only going to cost us Emelin + then lets do it!

We'd easily be getting the better end of that deal. I am still not convinced Emelin can remain consitent. He's proved in the past that hes a good defensemen, but goes on streaks of bad play.

If that plus is not too crazy, then pull the trigger MB.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Eberle for Emelin +.... any day of the week.

Habs fans get wayyy to attached to certain players, and start overvaluing them badly.

If you can get an Eberle/Yakupov for Emelin+. You do it, and don't look bad.

Emelin is a good defensemen. But we have young Dmen that can take his place. Yes, we will miss the occasional boom, but overall, its nothing Tinordi and Beaulieu can`t replace the majority of the time.

Players of Ebs/Yaks caliber are hard to come by, especially at their young age. They both have game breaking abilities and would make our offense that much more potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig