Value of: Ekholm to the Oilers

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'd actually be willing to trade Ekholm for 10th overall and Nurse. I'm really high on Nurse and he was actually a very good player this season, definitely a top 4 D currently. Nurse was basically Ekholm in 2014-2015. Oilers get a much needed upgrade on D that can play all situations. Preds slightly downgrade on Ekholm and get a great prospect with the 10th overall pick. With Ekholm's fantastic contract, Chia should be smart and secure himself a true 1D.
I'd probably do something like that too. It'd depend on who is still available at the time of the Edmonton pick. Nurse looked great this season even though his team around him was subpar. I just wonder if nurse would take a contract similar to ekholms though since ekholms contract is amazing.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I'd actually be willing to trade Ekholm for 10th overall and Nurse. I'm really high on Nurse and he was actually a very good player this season, definitely a top 4 D currently. Nurse was basically Ekholm in 2014-2015. Oilers get a much needed upgrade on D that can play all situations. Preds slightly downgrade on Ekholm and get a great prospect with the 10th overall pick. With Ekholm's fantastic contract, Chia should be smart and secure himself a true 1D.
I'd be willing to trade our 10th + for ekholme not sold on the plus being nurse as I think he is going to be one of edmontons great young d-men in future yrs. if we could aquire ekholme while keeping nurse klefbom Larson I think that would Make for a good top 4 pairing

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Except there really isn't much you can offer to us aside from McDavid or Draisaitl for Ellis.

Is that a joke? Ellis doesn't have near that kind of value. Why even mention names like that? McDavid is impossible for you to acquire and Draisaitl would only go for a guy like Seth Jones.

Ellis isn't even in the conversation.

Reactions: ivanlwan

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
NAS is in great cap position
Main players due for big pay raises are Josi and Ellis and they have the cap space to keep both

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'd be willing to trade our 10th + for ekholme not sold on the plus being nurse as I think he is going to be one of edmontons great young d-men in future yrs. if we could aquire ekholme while keeping nurse klefbom Larson I think that would Make for a good top 4 pairing

I like the basis of a 10+ for Ekholm, but we can't really trade any of our top 4 without getting one back, our bottom pair is already pretty brutal a lot of the time.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I like the basis of a 10+ for Ekholm, but we can't really trade any of our top 4 without getting one back, our bottom pair is already pretty brutal a lot of the time.
We have a lovely package of Russell and sekera we could send your way :) but all honestly if we were to be sending a d-man back it would likely have to be klefbom as our cap situation will likely require salary going the other way. And I think nurse next contract will be slightly lower then klefboms. That being said klefboms contract is still a decent contract

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We have a lovely package of Russell and sekera we could send your way :) but all honestly if we were to be sending a d-man back it would likely have to be klefbom as our cap situation will likely require salary going the other way. And I think nurse next contract will be slightly lower then klefboms. That being said klefboms contract is still a decent contract
Klefbom's injury history is offputting though. He's broke just about every season he's played

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Nope, didn't happen. We'd only be interested in McDavid and Draisaitl and that isn't happening.

Wait until you get bounced by Winnipeg. You'll be trading one of those D for a playoff beast up front. Subban for Draisaitl revisited

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Poile typically only trades a defenseman for another defenseman. Seriously look up his trade history.

So probably Klefbom.

if the Oilers trade LD Klefbom, then if it's for another -man, it would be an offensive RD, an ongoing need for this team. that said, the Oilers could move Klefbom for a forward and put Russell back to the left side, sign a RD or throw Ethan Bear on RD. there's IS a way to continue to ruin the Oilers and Chia can find it !! o_O

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wait until you get bounced by Winnipeg. You'll be trading one of those D for a playoff beast up front. Subban for Draisaitl revisited

With Ellis being cheaper, having a far worse playoffs, and no long term security, if the Preds want to trade a RHD, it's him not Subban.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I actually think Nashville-Edmonton makes a lot of sense if you don't look at the cap. Draisaitl or even RNH, would look great in yellow, and Edmonton could use any of those top 4 beauts from Nashville.

With the cap you have to look at something like

Bonino
Ellis

for

Draisaitl

And then even out each side with picks/prospects/cap specifics.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I actually think Nashville-Edmonton makes a lot of sense if you don't look at the cap. Draisaitl or even RNH, would look great in yellow, and Edmonton could use any of those top 4 beauts from Nashville.

Bonino
Ellis

for

Draisaitl

Ellis won't do it for Draisaitl. Think bigger

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Bonino
Ellis

for

Draisaitl

That’s not even close to getting it done for draisaitl. What Edmonton really needs is a right-handed, smart, point producing defenseman... Spurgeon to Edmonton. What Minnesota needs is a potential game breaker who is still young. Not sure what your price is for Pulujarvi. His development has been horrific, but there’s no denying potential. Does Spurgeon+ get anything started for Pulujarvi?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Unless your the best team, and you're getting hammered

You do realize that Winnipeg was only three points behind us right? We're not blowing up a core that made the finals last year and won the president's trophy this year just because we ran into the 2nd best team in the league in the 2nd round, there's a reason everybody called this match up the "real" Conference finals.

Any core player you want from Nashville we're going to want a replacement and a plus or we're not interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad