Speculation: Ekholm to PHI

pooch

May 30, 2017
My vote is to hold out and wait until after the expansion draft.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Ghost has been our best overall dman this year. Sanheim is a close second.
This is ridiculous statement. Outside of fumbling the puck on the blue line during PP Provorov has been rock solid. Provorov needs to work on one thing.. Controlt he puck on blue line during PP.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
This is ridiculous statement. Outside of fumbling the puck on the blue line during PP Provorov has been rock solid. Provorov needs to work on one thing.. Controlt he puck on blue line during PP.
I love Provy, but he's been off this year. He's untouchable and the most important Dman, just not the best this season.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
how would that even work with expansion? Don't Myers, Provorov and Sanheim all need protecting?

Yeah Flyers are already screwed and have to trade for SEA to pick selected player.

Hayes and Giroux have NMC then you have Couturier, Konency, and Voracek along with Provorov, Sanheim, Meyers.

Exposed is Ghost, Laughton, Lindblom, Patrick, and Van Reimsdyk whose having a stellar season.

Flyguys should trade a 3rd or 2nd to SEA to pick Voracek. Get him OFF the books. Still a decent player but his contract is too long and pay too high and the dude doesnt care about winning. Doubt that happens as Giroux and Voracek are close/lockerroom buds.

So its like Patrick, Ghost, or JVR will go.

If you add Elholm I assume Ghost would be going back the other way along with other parts. Ghost has a lower cap hit, is servicable, and has a ton of upside in the right situation...and NSH needs an offensive defenseman. At that point you would need to trade for SEA to pick who you want but the Flyers are already DEEP.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can't see Ghost fitting our team in any scenario. If you send him to us, we're going to ask for MORE in return, just because he's such a bad fit. I don't know how y'all think he is playing TODAY, but he's a total Cap Dump as far as we're concerned, and only increases the cost of picking up Ekholm.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
ESPECIALLY in this year. You don't trade unprotected 1 in 2022 with Power out there. Even NHL gm's aren't that desperate and stupid.

Now if NASH do I severely devalue this this 1? hmmmm.

Owen Power is 2021 eligible. I think Shane Wright is supposed to be the top dog in 2022.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Muzzin trade doesn't look good for LA in hindsight. Muzzin has been a top pair D, was cost controlled for a year and a half, and it took 2 prospects and a 1st. Ekholm might not be as good, but he's reasonably close. I'd shoot higher.

it’s clear you don’t follow LA as that trade was good for LA also and we are very happy with the return.

Reactions: tictactoe

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Flyers are already screwed and have to trade for SEA to pick selected player.

Hayes and Giroux have NMC then you have Couturier, Konency, and Voracek along with Provorov, Sanheim, Meyers.

Exposed is Ghost, Laughton, Lindblom, Patrick, and Van Reimsdyk whose having a stellar season.

Flyguys should trade a 3rd or 2nd to SEA to pick Voracek. Get him OFF the books. Still a decent player but his contract is too long and pay too high and the dude doesnt care about winning. Doubt that happens as Giroux and Voracek are close/lockerroom buds.

So its like Patrick, Ghost, or JVR will go.

If you add Elholm I assume Ghost would be going back the other way along with other parts. Ghost has a lower cap hit, is servicable, and has a ton of upside in the right situation...and NSH needs an offensive defenseman. At that point you would need to trade for SEA to pick who you want but the Flyers are already DEEP.
Such a long post....filled with mistakes.

If the Flyers protect 3 D(Provy, Sanheim and Myers), then they protect 7 F....not 5 like you posted.

So G and Hayes(NMC), TK and Couts....those 4 for sure. Then 3 of Jake, JVR, Patrick and Lindblom protected...with 1 exposed. It looked like JVR going into the season, now who knows given how well he is playing.

Your hatred toward Voracek continues despite him being on a 67 point pace the last 2 years.....and 71 point pace this year.

Hell...look deeper. In Jakes WORST year the last 9 in Philly....he had 61 pts in 82 games. Every other season he paced for more than 61 pts/82 games.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I mean in the offseason when Vegas was punting him for whatever they could get. Pretty sure they sent out feelers league wide. Hes basically a young better version of Niskanen

Provorov Schmidt
Sanheim Myers

IMAAAAAGINE

Can only protect three my friend.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I can't see Ghost fitting our team in any scenario. If you send him to us, we're going to ask for MORE in return, just because he's such a bad fit. I don't know how y'all think he is playing TODAY, but he's a total Cap Dump as far as we're concerned, and only increases the cost of picking up Ekholm.

I have absolutely zero interest in trading Ghost.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Perfect for NAS. We don't want him, so you keep him.
We would. The point of trading for Ek would be to add to what we have...not swap out.

It is weird though how some people just choose to stick their own "beliefs" and don't take the time to listen to fans who actually watch every game(assuming you can trust their judgement). Ghost has been very good this year. Still means we will expose him....but he is playing very well.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ

Yea why would a team 30th in goal scoring need a skilled shooter and PP guy on defense? Crazy thought.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I love Provy, but he's been off this year. He's untouchable and the most important Dman, just not the best this season.
Ok he HAS NOT been off with exception of maybe one game (Gainanst Boston) when he had rough time and as I mentioned his obvious issues of handling the puck while on PP. It is even funny to watch how he tries not to fumble it but still does. Gostsisbehere has had decent last few games and you are impressed with him I get that still Provorov can log 25 min mistake free game unless he is on PP.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky

We absolutely do not. We have enough of them

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
NMC must be kept. So Hayes/Giroux are automatic on ED list.
I woudl not make Patrick available liek someone said. I would make Voracek and maybe Lindblom available.
and I would hate to lose pne of Provorov Sanheim Myers or Gostisbehere
Ekholm's position is not exactly position of need for Phillie.

Seems like there are more urgent places to spend your prospects than adding something that would hardly improve things.
why don't you share with us what we need lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad