Speculation: Ekholm to PHI

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Muzzin trade doesn't look good for LA in hindsight. Muzzin has been a top pair D, was cost controlled for a year and a half, and it took 2 prospects and a 1st. Ekholm might not be as good, but he's reasonably close. I'd shoot higher.

No way is Ekholm going to cost that. Muzzin had term left which was the big appeal. Ekholm is a 2nd pair D and could be a rental for half a condensed season before Seattle snatches him. Nashville would need to throw in Granlund for that to make sense.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
No way is Ekholm going to cost that. Muzzin had term left which was the big appeal. Ekholm is a 2nd pair D and could be a rental for half a condensed season before Seattle snatches him. Nashville would need to throw in Granlund for that to make sense.
Ekholm has a year and a half left, which is the same term Muzzin had. Ekholm plays on the second pair but only due to us having Josi and us not pairing left-handed d-men together, he's definitely top-pairing capable. The Muzzin package is not an unreasonable ask.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That adds another 1st, maybe more to the cost of acquiring the player.

Not saying that's make or break but when I thought about it that way, I felt like it will be harder to make trades this year.

Not to mention retention of salary and the 2021 draft seems more like a mystery than ever.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
how would that even work with expansion? Don't Myers, Provorov and Sanheim all need protecting?
This is the 64000 question. If you go 4x4 then one of Patrick or Lindblom is gone. Or you trade Sanheim to Kings before the ED as they are looking for young lhd and can trade Flyers back prospects Flyters don't have to protect.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
This is the 64000 question. If you go 4x4 then one of Patrick or Lindblom is gone. Or you trade Sanheim to Kings before the ED as they are looking for young lhd and can trade Flyers back prospects Flyters don't have to protect.
You trade Myers before you trade Sanheim. Just because Myers is a righty doesn’t make him more valuable. Keep the better of the defenseman.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You trade Myers before you trade Sanheim. Just because Myers is a righty doesn’t make him more valuable. Keep the better of the defenseman.
Keeping 3 lefties and trading/exposing your only rhd and btw at only 2.55m cap I question that. I would lose Patrick or Lindblom over losing/trading Myers. There is no great end solution if you trade for Ekholm. For what I suspect it would cost (for bleeps and giggles lets say 2021 1 and Allison) I think the wiser call is to sit out.

Reactions: dats81

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ekholm has a year and a half left, which is the same term Muzzin had. Ekholm plays on the second pair but only due to us having Josi and us not pairing left-handed d-men together, he's definitely top-pairing capable. The Muzzin package is not an unreasonable ask.
A 1 and at least one legit top 5 prospect in someone organization is a very reasonable ask. So if Predators ask from the Flyers 2021 1, Allison(5th-6th best prospect power forward)and Ersson (Flyers best G prospect) I don't think your ask is crazy. I think its crazy for Flyers to give that right before an expansion draft and lose more assets. Without trades you guarantee losing Lindblom or Patrick in ED.

People confuse what is right asking price and should my team do this.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Muzzin trade doesn't look good for LA in hindsight. Muzzin has been a top pair D, was cost controlled for a year and a half, and it took 2 prospects and a 1st. Ekholm might not be as good, but he's reasonably close. I'd shoot higher.
On no planet should Ekholm return more than Muzzin. The same, maybe, not more though. Also, I think LA did just fine in that deal.

Reactions: go4hockey

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
To expand on this The author himself was on Twitter today andbawicslly said that the article clearly indicates he is just reporting it as strange for Nashville to be there scouting not that anything is imminent or that he has inside information.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
When you consider the rental D market looks to absolutely SUX, I would surely ask for the moon. Is it possible Buffalo puts Risto on the market? Sure but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Montour? Yawn. Gudbranson? Vanilla no 6 d guy. It only take one village idiot to overpay in a trade. So if I am Poile I am asking.
Pens Poulin and 1
Flyers 1 Frost
Habs Guhle and 1 for Ekholm and 2.

I am not saying these three teams should makes these trades. They shouldn't. I am saying when the d available are this brutal you can aim high.

Reactions: BernieParent

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Teams are offering #1's....but in this year?
ESPECIALLY in this year. You don't trade unprotected 1 in 2022 with Power out there. Even NHL gm's aren't that desperate and stupid.

Now if NASH do I severely devalue this this 1? hmmmm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad