Speculation: Ekholm to PHI

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
how would that even work with expansion? Don't Myers, Provorov and Sanheim all need protecting?

Flyers are going to lose a good player in the expansion draft regardless...its inevitable. Ghost, JVR, and Laughton are all likely to be exposed too...any of them would be big losses too.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Androckitis has broken Flyers new in the past, such as the Niskanen for Gudas trade. If he says they are having discussions I would absolutely consider it a legit rumor.

I think he broke the Hakstol firing too IIRC. He got wind Gordon was going up to the big club.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think he broke the Hakstol firing too IIRC. He got wind Gordon was going up to the big club.
Yep. He's far more legit than Eklund and a lot of people consider him a legit source for rumors. I know most people around the league have zero clue who Androckitis is but he's legit when it comes to Flyers news/rumors.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Why didn't the Flyers get Schmidt, he seemed like an absolutely perfect fit, even played the right side unlike Ekholm

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Seems doubtful the Canucks move Schmidt after only half a season

I mean in the offseason when Vegas was punting him for whatever they could get. Pretty sure they sent out feelers league wide. Hes basically a young better version of Niskanen

Provorov Schmidt
Sanheim Myers

IMAAAAAGINE

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I mean in the offseason when Vegas was punting him for whatever they could get. Pretty sure they sent out feelers league wide. Hes basically a young better version of Niskanen

Ah yeah, that's fair. Hindsight though. Maybe Vegas just took the first deal that came their way to clear space for Pietrangelo.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Ah yeah, that's fair. Hindsight though. Maybe Vegas just took the first deal that came their way to clear space for Pietrangelo.
I remember there were pervasive rumors of him landing in Florida so I feel like every team knew about him and had a shot

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Didn't seem like they were looking to move Niskanen before he retired, iirc they weren't happy about it

Sure, but Niskanen was a pending UFA, Schmidt is signed until 2025. Pretty massive difference there. Ekholm makes 2.2 mil less and is only signed through next season

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Pretty good D at a decent cap hit and term, what is Nashville asking for him? Definitely is a good get for a team needing a left d.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Basically the same return as Muzzin seems fair.

Muzzin trade doesn't look good for LA in hindsight. Muzzin has been a top pair D, was cost controlled for a year and a half, and it took 2 prospects and a 1st. Ekholm might not be as good, but he's reasonably close. I'd shoot higher.

Reactions: hmc1987

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Flyers looking at ekholm and granlund according to @nhlrumorsdaily who is always spot on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad