Ekholm-Subban=best pair in playoffs?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ekholm-Subban were the second best defense pair in the NHL last season; it stands to reason they're the best pair left in the playoffs after bad team luck did Giordano-Hamilton in.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
I would say that Karlsson would be on the best pair even if he played with Rob Scuderi at this point. He has been like a one-man unstoppable force at this point.

After Karlsson & Methot, cant think of any other pairing that has been better than Subban & Ekholm.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Playoffs

Pair | Expected GA/60 | Expected GF%
Ekholm-Subban | 2.00 |56.36
Josi-Ellis |2.74 | 45.18

Ekholm-Subban has been way better. At least at 5-on-5.

Ya the other poster was right they have been better defensively and Josi/Ellis better offensively.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Nashville have the best top 4 in the NHL i would say, but I guess Ekholm will play in Vegas next season?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yes, they are the best dpair in the playoffs and have been since the drop of the puck in game 1 against Chicago.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I would say that Karlsson would be on the best pair even if he played with Rob Scuderi at this point. He has been like a one-man unstoppable force at this point.

After Karlsson & Methot, cant think of any other pairing that has been better than Subban & Ekholm.

Well Karlsson has played with Phillips who is not as bad as Scuderi and hasn't been as effective. Individually Karlsson wins AINEC, but as a pairing Ekholm-Subban have been insane especially defensively. They're the shutdown pair while Josi-Ellis are the offensive pair.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Josi and Ellis are more impressive.

Eckholm is rock solid.

I hate to say anything good about Subban when he constantly lays on top of players, embellishes and sucker punches people in the back of the head. All three of those things are disgraceful.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Josi and Ellis are more impressive.

Eckholm is rock solid.

I hate to say anything good about Subban when he constantly lays on top of players, embellishes and sucker punches people in the back of the head. All three of those things are disgraceful.

So basically what you're saying is Jodi-Ellis is better because you don't like Subban. :laugh:

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I just want to say how crazy it is Nashville has lost Suter, Jones and Weber over the years and still have an amazing blue line. Credit to their scouting department, very impressive to lose talent like that and just not skip a beat.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Ya the other poster was right they have been better defensively and Josi/Ellis better offensively.

The marginal improvement in offense from Josi-Ellis isn't worth the massive improvement in defense that Ekholm-Subban hold over their teammates. Ekholm-Subban has been the significantly more valuable pairing overall.

Although it's been a open question if Karlsson+anyone hasn't been better than them. Better results for Karlsson, but I think he's been playing much weaker teams.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
The marginal improvement in offense from Josi-Ellis isn't worth the massive improvement in defense that Ekholm-Subban hold over their teammates. Ekholm-Subban has been the significantly more valuable pairing overall.

I disagree that Ekholm-Subban is a "massive" improvement defensively over Josi-Ellis but agree to disagree I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad