Injury Report: EK65

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The key part left out there is the fact he was medically cleared to play. At THAT point, it's up to the player.
It should be up to the coach . Just because you can play doesn't mean your the best option available

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Always in the gutter, you.
2XLswZ.gif

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys, just wanted to see if there's been any word on the severity of Karsson's groin injury? For fantasy reasons :P

No official word yet, just that he’ll be out at least a week. After seeing how much pain he was in during the Boston game I’d guess he’s out for the month if the team really wants to be careful.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Its torn. He's out for the year. Drop him. Or,its just a mild strain and he could play next week. Or, he will be out all of March. Or, he will be out all of regular season. Welcome to the Sharks medical information hot line.

He actually got an infection and died, it will be announced when his contract expires later this year.

Reactions: TruKnyte

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
He actually got an infection and died, it will be announced when his contract expires later this year.

Its torn. He's out for the year. Drop him. Or,its just a mild strain and he could play next week. Or, he will be out all of March. Or, he will be out all of regular season. Welcome to the Sharks medical information hot line.

Welp, looks like my fantasy team is as screwed as my real one. Cheers all.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Severe Strain would put him at about 6 weeks. Im thinking its possible this is what it was from the beginning. He took about 4 weeks off, probably felt 80% and thought he could ease into it.

As long as he didnt tear it, and additional 6 weeks full rest should work. That would be the first game of the playoffs starting in mid april.

I know we need him for playoffs as likely opponent vegas will be challenging. I still think we have enough to beat them with out Ek.

I wouldnt be opposed to letting him sit the first round and rolling the dice with it, if thats the case he would have about 2 full months off.

There is no perfect scenario other then that somehow he can get fully healthy in about a month which would allow him 4-5 games at the end of the season to knock off the rust and get his groove back.

This is what im hoping for

Unfortunately having hope as a Sharks fan usually doesnt end to well, but we will see what happens.

With a healthy EK and not having Jones shit the bed every game i believe this team can minimum survive the west

I find this team in my opinion the best we have every had next to the presidents trophy year, everyone says we flopped. To me not the case. Sure Hiller was great, if he had even been just good we advance.

The kicker was health, everyone was banged up and i blame it more on the injuries then the ducks overtaking us.

If we had been healthy like we were for the better part of the year we kill the ducks.

Reactions: one2gamble

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
I know this EK looked like he couldn't skate to save his life coming back in the middle of that game. No bueno. I bet he's out the rest of the reg season at least. Possibly a round or two.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
I know this EK looked like he couldn't skate to save his life coming back in the middle of that game. No bueno. I bet he's out the rest of the reg season at least. Possibly a round or two.

And then he’s signing in Tampa so he’s actually already played his last game as a shark.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
On a positive note just imagine the main boards if the sharks win the cup without EK65 and he resigns at a discount as a result of his injury.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
But when a medical staff clears him and Karlsson says he's good why would the coach keep him out?
Because the coach isn't blind and it's his job? The moment he stepped on the ice you could tell he wasn't ready and it only got worse as the game progressed. Karl at 25% is not better than heed or Ryan.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Because the coach isn't blind and it's his job? The moment he stepped on the ice you could tell he wasn't ready and it only got worse as the game progressed. Karl at 25% is not better than heed or Ryan.
He looked fine until he hit the rut. He shouldn't have taken a single shift after that.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Imo he should be held out until the Calgary game and that’s the soonest I’d consider letting him back on the ice. Playoffs are the big picture.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Imo he should be held out until the Calgary game and that’s the soonest I’d consider letting him back on the ice. Playoffs are the big picture.

There's no real evidence to support holding him out until any predetermined amount of time. He should play when they feel confident he can skate well again and push hard.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I can't even imagine how the board would look like if we actually ended up making the SC with a healthy EK65, losing to TBL and then having EK65 sign in TBL.

If anything the board would be worse if we went to the SC without EK65, then we BEAT Tampa and then he signs with TBL only to lose to us again in the cup finals except the 2nd time we sweep them off of 3 ot own goals.

But I personally would be ok with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad