Great Britain: EIHL discussion thread

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Another crazy Ben Bowns performance with 41 saves on 43 shots for the win.

He's now 5th in the EIHL with a .911Save% and leads the league by far in shots against.

Stephen Murphy 19GP 2.26GAA .918Save%
Ben Bowns 20GP 3.58GAA .911Save%

^Bowns has faced 276 more shots in 1 more game lol

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
One of the Panthers players, Jensen? made a head-shot against Bailey on the Devils. Jumped up and hit him clean in the head. Does the league do suspensions that often?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The Edinburgh twitter account doesn't say anything so maybe they've just missed out some people on the roster?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Again it's a midweek game, some of the players aren't "professional" - they have other jobs and they can't make it all the way up to Dundee on a Thursday

The league considers itself a professional ice hockey league lol if the players aren't professional maybe they should call it a beer league :sarcasm:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Actually, Hull have two injured forwards and Chamberlain is with the U20's, so that leaves them with 6 forwards (excluding Lee Bonner) and they have 6 full time Dmen, so obviously one was missing

Still 11 skaters in a league that is considered professional is silly. What if 2 more players got injured? They don't even have 2 lines then.

I remember seeing a provincial Midget AA game forfeited at a local rink because they didn't have the required 12 skaters :laugh: that's a minor hockey rule. How does EIHL not have a rule for minimum amount of skaters but have rules on how many imports can be on the ice at once.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Still 11 skaters in a league that is considered professional is silly. What if 2 more players got injured? They don't even have 2 lines then.

I remember seeing a provincial Midget AA game forfeited at a local rink because they didn't have the required 12 skaters :laugh: that's a minor hockey rule. How does EIHL not have a rule for minimum amount of skaters but have rules on how many imports can be on the ice at once.

Well they're not going to actually use the 4th line so they don't bother :laugh: if they need to they can just call up guys from the NIHL team, but this isn't always possible for midweek games because the NIHL guys aren't pro and have school/work. It's at least a 5 hour drive to Dundee so they're not going to make it if they have a 9-5 job. I'm not sure of the exact ruling in the EIHL but there definitely is a minimum number of players you need for a game, in EIHA hockey it's 10 skaters and a goalie.

Plus they don't have a how many imports on the ice rule, that's only in the EPL and NIHL

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Agreed, that's the point of a forum after all :propeller

Sheffield/Cardiff live stream: http://atdhe.sx/hockey/watch-sheffield-cardiff-50281
It is a player/talent pool problem. Not like NHL who calls up players from AHL or AHL that calls up from ECHL or ECHL that calls up from CHL or SPHL or Major Junior that calls up from Jr A or Major Midget
Who do the teams in EIHL call up from???? SNL/EPIHL/NIHL
Do they have affilliate agreements ?
I still can not get my head around player/coaches just to save one salary.
Dundee is still claiming Jordan Southern went home for personal reasons but signed with Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL
Two of Nottingham's stars of last year Graham and Ling are playing Senior (amateur) this year and not leading their leagues in scoring,
If players go down in EIHL there are few affiliates to step up and little dough to pay them.
Not even like Senior hockey in Canada where owners come into the dressing room with pockets of hundreds, fifties or twenties depending on the gate to (help) the players expenses

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
It is a player/talent pool problem. Not like NHL who calls up players from AHL or AHL that calls up from ECHL or ECHL that calls up from CHL or SPHL or Major Junior that calls up from Jr A or Major Midget
Who do the teams in EIHL call up from???? SNL/EPIHL/NIHL
Do they have affilliate agreements ?
I still can not get my head around player/coaches just to save one salary.
Dundee is still claiming Jordan Southern went home for personal reasons but signed with Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL
Two of Nottingham's stars of last year Graham and Ling are playing Senior (amateur) this year and not leading their leagues in scoring,
If players go down in EIHL there are few affiliates to step up and little dough to pay them.
Not even like Senior hockey in Canada where owners come into the dressing room with pockets of hundreds, fifties or twenties depending on the gate to (help) the players expenses

lol let's be real here... There isn't hockey players all over the place in GB that are going to make an impact but there are still hockey players available to them for a couple games. If they know they're going to be short that many guys, they should have some sort of contingency plan in place to get players called up. How difficult would it be to make up a list of affiliate players at the start of the season, contact them and make sure they understand that you have them on their list of potential affiliate players and that they could be called if they know they'll be short for a game, and then if they're short... call them.

If they can't find 3 or 4 players for a weekend then maybe they should re-evaluate their management because that's embarrassing.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
What's the difference between EIHL and EPIHL? I know thta EIHL is the highest league, but is EPIHL the second division, or a completly other league? Can you get promoted from it? Is it a minor league to EIHL?
Also, how does it come there is no team from London in EIHL?

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
What's the difference between EIHL and EPIHL? I know thta EIHL is the highest league, but is EPIHL the second division, or a completly other league? Can you get promoted from it? Is it a minor league to EIHL?
EPL's a separate entity under a different governing body, there's no links between the two in any sense. It's the second tier as you said, and the gap in quality between them is big.
Also, how does it come there is no team from London in EIHL?
Two have tried (Knights, Racers) and failed. Simplest answer is that there's no facility in the city fit for a professional team since the Docklands Arena was demolished. I expect there'll be a team and facility in place for the 2015/16 season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad