Eichel

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Eichel's salary is $10,000,000. I agree with Toe Pick, we don't know if he wants to play here similar as influence his injuries on his play. It's a risk and Eichel isn't worth it. Especially if we could lose Texier, simply our future. Reloading a team doesn't mean trade/buy everything what a team can take but players who ideal add a team. And I don't think Eichel is this player. Points aren't everything.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
Eichel's salary is $10,000,000. I agree with Toe Pick, we don't know if he wants to play here similar as influence his injuries on his play. It's a risk and Eichel isn't worth it. Especially if we could lose Texier, simply our future. Reloading a team doesn't mean trade/buy everything what a team can take but players who ideal add a team. And I don't think Eichel is this player. Points aren't everything.

I think it's a bit unfair to speak as if you know his personality or something. The dude's been stuck in a horrible spot all his early career, basicly having the biggest backpack in the league that's full of stones on him while still somehow ending up with ppg seasons.

We can't possibly know what type of player he is or isn't out of Buffalo. Don't have to look further than Hall for an example.

I do agree his injury is alarming, but if that lowers his price that's even better for us, and I'd take a swing at a ppg center any day of the week. If you think Texier will be even remotely as good as Eichel you're smoking something that I want.

Edit: Plus having Carter and Horton in one sounds like a steal :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gimli

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
If Z isn't going to re up long term then Reinhart would probably be a very good value. Only the Jarmo knows what the real deal is.

That's fair. I figured with them in the same contact situation Werenski had more value. Didn't know if I'd missed something not watching buffalo games.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
He can’t even discuss a new contract until next year ? I thought Jones was this summer , Werenski next summer ?

Werenski’s RFA not UFA so there’s not as much urgency/anxiousness/“need to know” as Jones, where it’s pretty important with Seth that we know this summer what he wants to do. (That’s also why I think it’s possible that Z’s trade value is actually higher right now.)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's fair. I figured with them in the same contact situation Werenski had more value. Didn't know if I'd missed something not watching buffalo games.

It's not exactly the same contract situation. Z is two years from UFA, Reinhart only one.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think it's a bit unfair to speak as if you know his personality or something. The dude's been stuck in a horrible spot all his early career, basicly having the biggest backpack in the league that's full of stones on him while still somehow ending up with ppg seasons.

We can't possibly know what type of player he is or isn't out of Buffalo. Don't have to look further than Hall for an example.

I do agree his injury is alarming, but if that lowers his price that's even better for us, and I'd take a swing at a ppg center any day of the week. If you think Texier will be even remotely as good as Eichel you're smoking something that I want.

I didn`t say he doesn`t want to play here but we don`t know it.

Especially with Jeff`s play and Nathan`s injuries. :sarcasm:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If you read the review of the Rangers, they have so many high end prospects that are still in the low salary range that it makes little sense for the Rangers to swap those young players for an injured & very expensive Eichel.

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The only way I see the Rangers getting involved is if Dolan gets more hands on with the rangers so he can screw them up like he has done with the Knicks. Historically, until he got impatient with JD & Groton, he has pretty much left the R's alone. We'll see.

Reactions: cslebn

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
The only way I see the Rangers getting involved is if Dolan gets more hands on with the rangers so he can screw them up like he has done with the Knicks. Historically, until he got impatient with JD & Groton, he has pretty much left the R's alone. We'll see.

I don't think acquiring Eichel would necessarily be screwing up the Rangers. It depends on the price. If they were able to acquire Eichel for something like Lafreniere + K'Andre Miller, I think it could work for both teams. Laf is not on Eichel's level; he is a lesser prospect, and Eichel's age fits the NYR timeline. Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider etc are in their prime and ready to compete now. A center spine of Eichel-Zib-Strome with Panarin, Kreider, Kakko etc on the wing would be pretty potent.

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
I understand the sentiment that building around Eichel + Laine might not be the right direction for the CBJ, but I do think that those two would (on paper) work really well together. Eichel can do it all, but he is first and foremost a playmaker who has been cursed with a lack of finishers on his wing. Laine's offensive vision and shot would be a perfect match (again, on paper). The ideal RW for that combo would be someone with speed on the forecheck and elite puck retrieval skills.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Based on LeBrun's piece, I'm thinking the cost starts at something like:
-Werenski, 2021 1st, Texier, and either Korpisalo or a 2022 3rd
OR
-Jones, 2021 1st, Texier/Bemstrom

There was also mention of some "bad money" going back, aka Skinner or Okposo, in which case maybe you restructure some salary. I'd also kick the tires on Ristolainen being in the deal, if Buffalo wants to move him, since it's only one year at $5.4m and it'd be intriguing to see what he can do away from that team. It's actually a straight cap hit swap with Jones, if that's a concern.

Reactions: Gimli

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
OR

There was also mention of some "bad money" going back, aka Skinner or Okposo, in which case maybe you restructure some salary. I'd also kick the tires on Ristolainen being in the deal, if Buffalo wants to move him, since it's only one year at $5.4m and it'd be intriguing to see what he can do away from that team. It's actually a straight cap hit swap with Jones, if that's a concern.

If I'm BUF and these are my two best offers, I'm choosing the Jones package. I'd want assurances he'd re-sign, though, or else the value isn't there. I'd also be interested in something around Risto for Korpi.

Skinner has a full NMC and probably won't waive it for any team but the Leafs (which would never happen anyway). He refused to waive for the expansion draft and he has said that he wants to be close to home in Southern Ontario. As it stands he will probably be bought out in a couple years if he can't rediscover his game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
OR

Buffalo would only go for Jones if they can extend him, and then I have to ask - is the difference between Eichel (who needs part of his spine replaced) and Jones a ~#5OA pick and Texier? Maybe it is, I'm just feeling the need to give my head a shake.

Reactions: LoneFunyan

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Eichel has all the makings of an absolute disaster:
1. High, long-term salary for a player who will
2. Cost a lot in assets to acquire and has
3. A current and very significant injury that's not of the "bed rest and some good support socks should clear that up" variety around whom swirl
4. Questions about his drive, commitment (though this is at best speculative) and contract value

1 and 2 I can live with because you gotta give to get.
3 makes me choke a little.
4 brings back too many bad memories of Carters and Footes and Duboises and Filatovs past.

If this was pitched as any random (statistically impressive) player to the CBJ, would we even consider it? With this organization's track record and luck?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
3. A current and very significant injury that's not of the "bed rest and some good support socks should clear that up" variety around whom swirl
4. Questions about his drive, commitment (though this is at best speculative) and contract value

4 brings back too many bad memories of Carters and Footes and Duboises and Filatovs past.

If this was pitched as any random (statistically impressive) player to the CBJ, would we even consider it? With this organization's track record and luck?
Don`t forget a trade of Jones or Werenski could cause problems in the locking room. Both are leaders, Jones could be a new captain. So IMHO I don`t see any reason for big trade, especially for players as Eichel, Reinhart or Kuznetsov.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'd certainly kick the tires more on part 4, but on the surface it looks like a lot of stuff that is only a topic because he plays for the Sabres.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
How about the fact that we suck with what we have? Does that suggest an need for a big trade? Jones will not commit his future here if all we offer is minor chair shuffling on the deck of the Titanic or hopes, such as you embrace, that non productive player will suddenly change their stripes and become super productive NHL'ers. Not to rely on the old Chestnut, but "hope is not a strategy".

Reactions: EspenK

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

Happened I follow both teams. Eichel is very, very good player but I'm not to sure he is very good team mate. I think that he is all ME. And now with health problems. He has more than one. All here is very shody. But what do I know?:huh:. Reinhart is less talented player, but better for a team.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Of course you give up a lot for him. Pretty much anything. Realistically this team isn’t going anywhere without a play driving number one center

Reactions: 6zag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad