Votes: 62 40.0%
  • Matthews,Marner,Reilly

Votes: 93 60.0%

• Total voters

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Some Leaf fans believe Marner > Matthews. Im not one of those Leaf fans, but do believe they are equally as important to the Leafs, Marner more critical to the Leafs success thus far.

I think it’s one of those things where Matthews gets so much attention that a lot of leaf fans know that won’t go away so they give most of theres to marner then both become solid. That theory may be slightly true but it doesent mean it’s not deserved. I watch how manner skates the puck in and drives the offense, he’s consistently the guy who goes out there and proves people wrong, I wish he was on buffalo.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Agree, but
Rielly << Dahlin
Rielly is likely the Norris favorite right now, tough award to win. Dahlin has a lot to prove before we hand him the accomplishment of even being the Norris favorite.

Matthews > Eichel
Marner >> Reinhart
Rielly = Dahlin

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
right now its

Matthews > Eichel
Marner >> Reinhart
Rielly > Dahlin

Dahlin could overtake Rielly, but marner is most likely always gonna be a couple tiers above sam

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
It only looks that way because Dahlin is 18 and Reilly is 24. The rest of the players are much closer to each other in age (as well as being closer to finished products) and, so, easier to compare. If Dahlin hits his potential, that gap will not be small.

but Rielly is looking at 90+pts this year so Dahlin has to become a Norris candidate just to overtake Morgan....

the gap between mitch and reinhart will always be bigger than the dmen imho

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I mean Marner could very well be a Patrick Kane level player. Have to go with the Leafs for that reason.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Agree, but
Rielly << Dahlin

LMAO. Whoa there, Pardner. Slow down.

Dahlin is NOT better than Norris trophy front-runner Morgan Reilly. Not even close right now. He might be one day, but don't be ridiculous. RIGHT NOW, Rielly is waaaaay better AINEC.

85843587.jpg

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If 44 points in 40 games as a #1 d of a top team and Norris contender makes you overrated, what does that make Dahlin?
If anyone right now wouldn’t prefer Dahlin to protect a one goal lead late in the 3rd, it makes him underrated.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
right now its

Matthews > Eichel
Marner >> Reinhart
Rielly > Dahlin

Dahlin could overtake Rielly, but marner is most likely always gonna be a couple tiers above sam

Matthews is not playing better then Eichel right now.

Last year their production was the same counting Matthews whole season (playoffs), this year their production is the exact same only eichels done it over a longer period which is harder to do and in 16-17 Eichel averaged 0.10 higher PPG, Matthews and Eichel are even if anything there is absolutely nothing to suggest Matthews is clearly better then Eichel as of right now. 36 in 26 isn’t better then 49
In 39, it’s technically 49 in 40 because he played but if you want to count 2 shifts of the regular 20-25 shifts as a full game be my guest. Even if we do count his two shifts as a game and he’s played 40 1.31>1.30 isnt “better”, Eichel gets more pp time and ice time but Matthews gets to be on a better team that scores a ton more, and a more stacked pp with more weapons. Plus Eichel doesent even get many PP points, he is top 5 in even strength point production and on top or near the top of numerous offensive categories before going down a few games back. Long story short, Matthews is by no means a step ahead at the moment they are even if anything.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
And Marner is the most influential player on his line and possibly even his team while Reinhart certainly is neither of those.

No one was saying Reinhart was that or even close to marner. I even said he wasn’t in his tier all I said was since there were wre no double arrows on the list until then and since Reinhart has 76 in last 79 that’s not two shoe arrows below marner.

Reinhart is an interesting player, dating back to his days with team Canada or kootenay of the whl where I watched him live a lot as a junior, he never stands out but he does so many little things right and he has a tremendous hockey iq. He is definitely he least talented player of the six but he’s closing the gap that it isn’t far off.

He’s better then dahlin right now by a little but probably won’t be for long. Then it’s Reilly and of course marner then Eichel and Matthews at the top.

When they are all in their prime
Assuming they reach their potential it will be Matthews Eichel and dahlin on one tie marner and then Reilly and Reinhart in the one before or Reilly will be in the middle with marner.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
LMAO. Whoa there, Pardner. Slow down.

Dahlin is NOT better than Norris trophy front-runner Morgan Reilly. Not even close right now. He might be one day, but don't be ridiculous. RIGHT NOW, Rielly is waaaaay better AINEC.

View attachment 171885
Whoa there, Pardner. You just slammed it in reverse and floored it to 100 in the other direction.

Didn't heed your own advice.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Whoa there, Pardner. You just slammed it in reverse and floored it to 100 in the other direction.

Didn't heed your own advice.

LOL. Are you suggesting that Morgan Reilly.......a Defenceman who is on pace for 25 goals and 90+ points........is NOT way better than Dahlin at this point in time?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
LOL. Are you suggesting that Morgan Reilly.......a Defenceman who is on pace for 25 goals and 90+ points........is NOT way better than Dahlin at this point in time?
On the powerplsy for sure. Defending a late lead Dahlin is definitely already better.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Matthews > Eichel
Marner > Reinhart
Reilly < Dahlin

The question asks who do you take going forward. I am not convinced Rielly's production isn't a product of the incredible offense the leafs have (he is clearly a part of that offense, but I find it hard to believe he would be putting up 44 points on the Sabres and that Dahlin would only have 20 on the Leafs). Add in the huge age gap between Dahlin and Rielly and I take Dahlin going forward.

Take Matthews over Eichel because he is better defensively while being basically equal offensively and Marner over Reinhart right now is obviously no contest. Leafs trio wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad