Eichel OR Matthews

Eichel or Matthews

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Only it did, people were spouting that same garbage and vitriol about Matthews scoring 40 and McDavid not.

Leafs fans conveniently forgot that McDavid was better at almost everything else just like Eichel is

Edit: except takeaways as well apparently lol
I don't think you know what most means. You are wrong. Everyone here, even the biggest Leaf haters knows it's never been more than a couple guys who thought Matthews was a threat to McDavid. If you can prove this majority thing I'll happily sport an Eichel Avatar for a month.

I suggest you run along with your misinformation Sens fan. Oh...you might look at their face off stats among many others...

Reactions: LeafsNation75

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
The obligatory Leafs fan and the AINEC post. :laugh:
Looks at poll results and it’s currently tied. As it should be. These guys will swap places throughout their careers.
There's more than one AINEC in this thread but it was the Leafs one that made you sad :(

Reactions: Sundinisagod

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I don't think you know what most means. You are wrong. Everyone here, even the biggest Leaf haters knows it's never been more than a couple guys who thought Matthews was a threat to McDavid. If you can prove this majority thing I'll happily sport an Eichel Avatar for a month.

I suggest you run along with your misinformation Sens fan.
Jesus man. Eichel is quite possibly the fugliest athlete I've ever seen. There's something seriously wrong with his face and forehead

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Whats clear to me is many people in this thread dont understand what 'AINEC' means. For those who are you using the acronym it means 'And its not even close' which it very clearly is.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Way to make the poll right after a big game for auston. No agenda behind this one, especially since you dont want people to take into account contracts because eichel's is much better.

As for the poll, Auston has been better than jack when you compare rookie vs rookie, sophomore vs sophomore, etc, but this year eichel has really improved.

Eichel isnt being fed by one of the best playmakers with the 7th highest ppg in the league.

Jack is 33 points ahead of his next highest scoring teammate.

Auston would be 2nd if marner didn't miss any games and we have JT who is basically at a ppg.

Eichel has a lot less support and yet is on par for production with Matthews.

To close to call.

If we were taking contracts into account, I'd lean slightly eichel.

If you are taking contracts into account its 100 percent Eichel. Matthews is going to be making 16+ for 3 seasons or will have left for nothing while Eichel makes 10 if you look at cumulative years.

But thats not the poll, I think you can vote either way without taking contracts into account its a coin flip.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If you are taking contracts into account its 100 percent Eichel. Matthews is going to be making 16+ for 3 seasons or will have left for nothing while Eichel makes 10 if you look at cumulative years.

But thats not the poll, I think you can vote either way without taking contracts into account its a coin flip.
There's no way the Yotes can afford 16m+ a season. In addition to all the draft picks they gave up with the Matthews offersheet, it would kill that franchise.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Both are equally talented players and I don't buy the narrative of Eichel playing with an inferior supporting cast. Since being drafted he's played ROR, Kane, Reinhart, Ristolainen who were better than Bozak, JVR, Marner, Reilly; according to Sabres fans and Babcock made a mistake when he chose Toronto over Buffalo.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

I think it basically goes to team needs if your not considering contracts.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The obligatory Leafs fan and the AINEC post. :laugh:
Looks at poll results and it’s currently tied. As it should be. These guys will swap places throughout their careers.

Which came immediately following someone saying Eichel ainec. Good job conveniently missing that. Both statements are ridiculous

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I lean more towards Matthews but Eichel is so undeniably elite that undermining him is just stupid. He is on a dumpster fire of a team besides having Dahlin and some okay pieces. I don't think his production would improve dramatically on a better team given that he already gets top PP usage in terms of TOI, but the dude is still likely to break 100 points on a perennial basement dweller. That said, Matthews has literally been GPG for the last 20 games and I believe third in the league in scoring since Marner got put on his line (lo and behold, Marner is 1st). Matthews reminds me of Malkin when Malkin is on a tear (Matthews has 34 points in his last 20 games IIRC). Just kind of depends what you prefer. A guy who will drive the net and dominate possession with great puck handling and probably the best goal scorer in the league (Matthews) versus a guy who will orchestrate play, good goalscoring and one of the best skaters in the league (Eichel). The underyling factor here is that Matthews is better defensively so that tips it for me.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I take Eichel. Outside of goalscoring I think Eichel beats him in everything. Their defense is meh so I don't mind giving the edge to Matthews on that. Can you imagine if Eichel played on an offensively stacked team like Toronto with Marner, Tavares, Rielly and Barrie on PP. I watched him against the Avs this week poor him seriously it looked like a midget player with some pee wee kids :laugh:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Leafs fans conveniently forgot that McDavid was better at almost everything else just like Eichel is

How can you forget something that isn't even remotely true. Not even McDavid is better at EVERYTHING ELSE, let alone Eichel, which is ridiculous to state

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

I suggest you run along with your misinformation Sens fan. Oh...you might look at their face off stats among many others...

I can't prove it just like you can't disprove it. I don't save posts lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad