Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So you have your doctors look at the medical imaging and you confirm what we already know: that Eichel needs surgery.

I know it will help determine what/if surgery, but I don’t know that it’s as much of a talking point as people try and make it. He has a herniated disc in his neck, it’s going to get fixed eventually. It’s still Jack Eichel, and if there was really concern that it was career threatening, that information would already be out there. What good does it do Eichel’s camp to not disclose information like that if it’s true?
The bolded is the real question, because that's the sort of thing different doctors are going to give you different opinions about. Teams are going to want to make that decision for themselves, not based on hearsay.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
people get second opinions from doctors all the time before a major treatment is started. you want your experts to look it over and give you an opinion that's biased toward your interests.
Sure, and they’re doctors will take a look at the records before any trade is made. But, I don’t think it’s going to stop teams from negotiating to the point where a deal is close. It probably gets to a spot where there’s a deal in place pending medical record review

Reactions: JoemAvs

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
You do realize that a condition to any trade can be a teams doctors giving any player a thumbs up regarding their health?

Do you think the Sabres seriously believe they can sucker a team into making a trade if Jack is damaged goods and get away with it???

no i don't seriously believe this. that's why i'm bitching about the stupidity of this "serious offers only" bullshit. it's wasting time and instilling a bit of doubt or at the very least adding complications for teams who might be making deals contingent on this one, as the Wild would have to do.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The bolded is the real question, because that's the sort of thing different doctors are going to give you different opinions about. Teams are going to want to make that decision for themselves, not based on hearsay.
You’re right. That is fair

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What exactly do people think are in these medical records that isn’t already known?
Is there any narrowing of the spine or DJD(which I myself have). In other words, besides this likely herniated disc, is there evidence of something that will be chronic even after an operation and will it get worse. DJD wouldn't necessarily be a huge deal, but it would be relatively rare for someone his age to have it (I would think). If it's a "let this disc heal naturally or through surgery and there are no other issues" that's one thing, but you'd want to know more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
it's hyperbole but it still stands. Wild have no intention of paying the ask but say they will anyway just to peek at the records. maybe to revisit next year or whatever.
the "rule" is useless.

What if what if what if what if...

This is a bore.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
You do realize that a condition to any trade can be a teams doctors giving any player a thumbs up regarding their health?

Do you think the Sabres seriously believe they can sucker a team into making a trade if Jack is damaged goods and get away with it???

with respect, buffalo management doesnt really seem competent in any form or fashion, so who really knows.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
no i don't seriously believe this. that's why i'm bitching about the stupidity of this "serious offers only" bullshit. it's wasting time and instilling a bit of doubt or at the very least adding complications for teams who might be making deals contingent on this one, as the Wild would have to do.

Why would they give out private medical records WITHOUT a serious offer? They're private medical records. There has to be justification for releasing that to someone.

Reactions: Joey Banana

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Why would they give out private medical records WITHOUT a serious offer? They're private medical records. There has to be justification for releasing that to someone.

there does not unless Jack himself has stipulated the circumstances. he himself seems confident in his prognosis so it shouldn't be a big deal--it sounds like the team is restricting access and that's nothing to do with preserving Eichel's privacy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

No it's not... its getting posters panties in a wad .. thats all.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Because a team doesn’t know what a serious offer is until they know the condition of the player. A serious offer for a house with no issues at all is very different from an offer for a house that needs new plumbing, has a black mold issue, and needs to be rewired because it has 1920’s wiring.

Reactions: Arthuros and rynryn

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You can’t pull out of a deal involving a draft pick after the other team used the draft pick. The medical records need to be available well in advance for that to happen.

Jesus Christ. You don't think Bob Murray knows this..

WTF are you guys so worried about? Lol ... You think your team is going to get swindled ? .. its not happening

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I really feel like most teams would be fine letting the surgery, recovery, and NMC be buffalo’s problem. No one except buffalo knows if he’s even likely to play this season. If you have to wait until 2022-2023 for Eichel anyway, just wait a year. None of the teams rumored to be interested (except maybe Vegas) are really in any rush at all

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
there does not unless Jack himself has stipulated the circumstances. he himself seems confident in his prognosis so it shouldn't be a big deal--it sounds like the team is restricting access and that's nothing to do with preserving Eichel's privacy.

The Sabres have nothing to gain by releasing those records. They're not going to attract more teams by making that public information, so they'd be releasing private medical info for no justifiable reason. Any team that has real interest will inquire.

Reactions: JoemAvs

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
Nah, i'd be scared as hell that the Buffalo Sabres of all teams bend my favorite franchise over in a trade.

It would be like getting beaten up by Urkel.

Reactions: rynryn

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey

Haven't the Blues and Tarasenko been pretty open with his records while trying to find a trade for him? I imagine that's because he's going to be healthy and ready to go for next year and Eichel, based on the tight lipped nature of this situation, likely won't be.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Jesus Christ. You don't think Bob Murray knows this..

WTF are you guys so worried about? Lol ... You think your team is going to get swindled ? .. its not happening
1 - Bob Murray isn’t the one saying a deal can get backed out on, my comment was clearly aimed at posters here.

2 - Yes, this is coming across as Buffalo is trying to swindle other teams. Nothing about this situation has been handled well IMO.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
1 - Bob Murray isn’t the one saying a deal can get backed out on, my comment was clearly aimed at posters here.

2 - Yes, this is coming across as Buffalo is trying to swindle other teams. Nothing about this situation has been handled well IMO.

That's funny shit.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Um.. do people not understand that Eichel needs to pass a physical for the trade to go through or else it’ll be rejected be the league?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hey guys Bob Murray is circling back to the negotiations even tho that HF Poster had a sneaking suspicion that Buffalo is swindling him.

If a HF Poster can see it why can't Bob Murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad