Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I offer 5 unconditional 1st round picks (Habs) for Eichel. Could be 5 lottery picks, who knows! Habs drafting history sucks, might as well give it to a team that might do very well with our picks.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Eh, it seems fairly clear each is getting information from opposite sides. They've been saying the opposite for weeks.

Dreger has contradicted himself on this topic, maybe more than once now....I don't believe a thing he says. He's a mouthpiece for the last person who leaked him info, combined with opinion disguised as information.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Dreger has contradicted himself on this topic, maybe more than once now....I don't believe a thing he says. He's a mouthpiece for the last person who leaked him info, combined with opinion disguised as information.
Maybe he just likes being the anti-Friedman

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Maybe he just likes being the anti-Friedman

It's a poker game...do you believe the guy who is raising like he has three aces? It's all speculation on both sides of the table until the deal is made, or the bluff is called, or whatever.

I do think the Minny news is new though, and probably true. They probably already put their best proposal down and just said "call me if it ends up being the best deal for you." We're not hearing that about other teams...yet.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
So any team can submit any type of offer then? What happened to the "serious" part?

If they formally submitted an offer, the assumption is that it's serious, no? I know you think no team should trade for Eichel because of his injury, but it's been widely reported that not every GM agrees with you.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm sure they got the medical records if they submitted put a serious offer. Those are the rules, per Friedmann.

I guess. Seems like an important piece to the puzzle that Dreger or Friedman should be reporting on. But like others have said, I think they are just as in the dark as everyone else.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If they formally submitted an offer, the assumption is that it's serious, no? I know you think no team should trade for Eichel because of his injury, but it's been widely reported that not every GM agrees with you.

The reporting on this entire fiasco has been very poor...and I'm being charitable saying that. I don't believe a single word Friedman or Dreger say on this anymore.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So Minnesota would put their best offer on the table without seeing Eichel's medical details?
I don't think it's hard to assume a "pending review of Eichel's health status" is included with any offer Buffalo receives. It's a pretty binary proposition at that point: Minnesota's either okay with what they see or they're not and the offer is withdrawn. I'd assume the same goes for any team.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Read the above tweet closely...notice that "the media" is not reporting inside information; instead they are just saying things because they "make sense". Vegas "needs a center"; Anaheim "has cap space" and "needs to make a move"; Minnesota bought out Parise and Suter. Friedman does the same.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The reporting on this entire fiasco has been very poor...and I'm being charitable saying that. I don't believe a single word Friedman or Dreger say on this anymore.

You shouldn't believe them. Nor should you assume that his medical situation is so bad that no GM wants to go near him. You have the right to assume that, but it's certainly not an idea that's backed up by any reporting.

I bet there are teams that were definitely scared off, and they just didn't get involved at all. Could be why teams like Dallas have never been mentioned, even though they might otherwise be a great fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad