Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Channel One Cup • Dec. 17-20 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia lines from the yesterday's practice:

Tkachyov-Shipachyov-Chibisov
Kuzmenko-Morozov-Burdasov
Soshnikov-Zernov-Korshkov
Mamin-Karnaukhov-Voronkov
Marchenko-Kadeikin-Tolchinskiy

Rafikov-Marchenko
Galenyuk-Ozhiganov
Lyamkin-Yudin
Yakovlev-Antipin
Samorukov-Minulin

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Rafikov-Marchenko
Galenyuk-Ozhiganov
Lyamkin-Yudin
Yakovlev-Antipin
Samorukov-Minulin
4th and 5th line probably subject to rotation.

And I would gladly have the AkBars pairing sit for the sake of the NT.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Rafikov-Marchenko
Galenyuk-Ozhiganov
Lyamkin-Yudin
Yakovlev-Antipin
Samorukov-Minulin
Samorukov? As in the Oiler's pick? That's awesome.. I'm really high on him being a later round steal and making the Oil. How's he looking?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Samorukov? As in the Oiler's pick? That's awesome.. I'm really high on him being a later round steal and making the Oil. How's he looking?
You are sleeping on him then. He is a loan with CSKA and is leading the best team in the league in +/-. Scores on a decent rate too. Thus the invite to the NT.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Reactions: Caser

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Couldn't watch game.. not at a good time (I hate noon games in Europe that are at 6am in NA). Saw highlights only. Not sure Furch had the best game. Was happy for Lakatos and Jasek for getting their first goals. It was great to see Masin in the highlights in those ugly jerseys!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Still.

One thing for sure, this Swedish team looks so much better than the one in Finland.
What a "surprise". Is there any debate about the KHL being the best league in Europe by far? Against KHLers out U20 team would not look so glorious I bet.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What a "surprise". Is there any debate about the KHL being the best league in Europe by far? Against KHLers out U20 team would not look so glorious I bet.
You do realize it has nothing to do with the league these guys are playing in? 2/3 Sweden's goals today were scored by the SHL players and neither of them were on the Helsinki team because it was nowhere near SHL's best. It had a sub .900 goalie on it.

But sure, anything to pump the tires of the great motherland.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You do realize it has nothing to do with the league these guys are playing in? 2/3 Sweden's goals today were scored by the SHL players and neither of them were on the Helsinki team because it was nowhere near SHL's best. It had a sub .900 goalie on it.

But sure, anything to pump the tires of the great motherland.
Motherland does not need the tires pumped, but thanks for asking:)

Morozov scored a goal today. So what? He is still one of the less likely to make the NHL prospects. This is not how it works. Those rosters at Channel One Cup are just on a different level. And it is just a logical "coincidence" they have many KHLers on them.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is not how it works. Those rosters at Channel One Cup are just on a different level. And it is just a logical "coincidence" they have many KHLers on them.
Exactly, this is not how it works. Out of the top-19 Swedish SHL scorers team in Finland had... 2. So do explain to me please how that team is the piece of evidence that "works" for you.

It's extremely annoying that while you fight against "NA media narratives" for days, you are also the first to play around the facts when it works for your own narrative.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Exactly, this is not how it works. Out of the top-19 Swedish SHL scorers team in Finland had... 2. So do explain to me please how that team is the piece of evidence that "works" for you.

It's extremely annoying that while you fight against "NA media narratives" for days, you are also the first to play around the facts when it works for your own narrative.
What narrative? That the KHL is the best league in Europe?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Motherland does not need the tires pumped, but thanks for asking:)

Morozov scored a goal today. So what? He is still one of the less likely to make the NHL prospects. This is not how it works. Those rosters at Channel One Cup are just on a different level. And it is just a logical "coincidence" they have many KHLers on them.
Morozov didn't score. What game did you watch?

He did get two assists, and his SO attempt was saved.

Anybody got the faceoffs stats of the game? Felt like he won a vast majority of his battles on the dot. Also liked how he didn't budge in front of the net.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What narrative? That the KHL is the best league in Europe?
Nice attempt at a strawman, very nice. Yet, what you actually implied was "KHL is the best league in Europe by far based on the Swedish NT performance during Helsinki games". The first part of which is wrong (which you know yourself hence the dropping of the "by far" part in a subsequent post) and the second is an irrelevant arbitrary measure.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nice attempt at a strawman, very nice. Yet, what you actually implied was "KHL is the best league in Europe by far based on the Swedish NT performance during Helsinki games". The first part of which is wrong (which you know yourself hence the dropping of the "by far" part in a subsequent post) and the second is an irrelevant arbitrary measure.
It is the best BY FAR. It is what it is. It is also no knock on swedish, finnish or czech hockey in general. It's just, their best players tend to play in the KHL(or the NHL of course) too. It's just the same with the NHL and KHL. There is no dispute the NHL as a league is by far a better league, because all the best players tend to play there, including Russians who could boost the KHL.Again, it is what it is. No need to look for some territorial pissings there.

And I never said what you say there I said. I literally projected our U20 NT's perfomance against those different NTs. The Karjala Cup teams being about average level of those national leagues(and not their best players as you point out correctly) and these teams at Channel One Cup being far closer to their best non-NHL selections with KHLers and better players from other leagues on them.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Morozov didn't score. What game did you watch?

He did get two assists, and his SO attempt was saved.

Anybody got the faceoffs stats of the game? Felt like he won a vast majority of his battles on the dot. Also liked how he didn't budge in front of the net.
Yes, my bad, he assisted. My argument still stands. If everythings works out Morozov is somewhere on the Gusev curve, i.e. he should stay in the KHL longer than some other prospects and maybe in his prime he would be able to be an effective NHLer. If everything works out...

I doubt there are faceoff stats to be had for those games. But I always rather value the stat against NA teams. It is not uncoomon for Team Russia to win that stat against european teams, against NA it is a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad