Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Channel One Cup • Dec. 17-20 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sounds like some hockey is coming pretty soon, this time it's the Russian stage of the European Hockey Tour, the Channel One Cup.

Schedule:

December, 17th 12:30 CET/06:30 EST Finland Vs. Czech Republic
December, 17th 17:30 CET/11:30 EST Sweden Vs. Russia

December, 19th 09:00 CET/03:00 EST Finland Vs. Sweden
December, 19th 13:30 CET/07:30 EST Russia Vs. Czech Republic

December, 20th 09:00 CET/03:00 EST Czech Republic Vs. Sweden
December, 20th 13:30 CET/07:30 EST Russia Vs. Finland

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thats a strong swedish team.

I would use this lines:

Lindback (2 games for him)
Hellberg

Lööv - Bengtsson
Dahlbeck - Pudas
Holm/Pilut - Fantenberg

Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Åberg - Lindberg - Strömvall
Kempe - Rasmussen - Pääjärvi
Pettersson - Karlstrom - Berglund/Johansson

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really like Tarasov on the team, he deserves it. Berdin and Samonov were garbage picks.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's not every day you see an SHL backup goalie selected for a tournament like this.
They probably just took whoever agreed/didn't mind to waste time on going to Russia rather than being home before Christmas. Especially for a 3rd goalie spot.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like Hronek really enjoys playing for the NT. Pretty surprising he's riding himself so hard.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czech roster has finally arrived too:

I love this team and the mix of youth with veterans. I'm not saying we'll win or anything but I can't wait to watch these guys. I've wanted to see Masin/Zboril/Hronek on the senior team forever. Same with David Kase/Lauko/Blumel/Zadina all getting a chance. Pesan seems to get it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, forget about the great mix... Hronek and Zadina not allowed to go by Red Wings. I also read a tweet that I think says Lauko isn't being allowed by B's. Kostalik and Stransky (who's on fire in Extraliga) are the replacements so far.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well, forget about the great mix... Hronek and Zadina not allowed to go by Red Wings. I also read a tweet that I think says Lauko isn't being allowed by B's. Kostalik and Stransky (who's on fire in Extraliga) are the replacements so far.

Some more losses I guess?

If I understood that tweet correctly, Stransky, Zboril, and, as you already mentioned, Lauko are out; Zdrahal, Knot and Mandat are in.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Some more losses I guess?

If I understood that tweet correctly, Stransky, Zboril, and, as you already mentioned, Lauko are out; Zdrahal, Knot and Mandat are in.

Yup, the NHL blocked Hronek, Zadina, Lauko and Zboril. It is encouraging that the B's think Lauko and Zboril are that close to the NHL that they blocked them to be honest. I was really excited to see those guys together on the national team but I'm happy for Jan Mandat! If there is a world's and no NHL then this will be a better look. Pesan needs to see our D withour Hronek back there because the quality drop off after Hronek is huge.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yup, the NHL blocked Hronek, Zadina, Lauko and Zboril. It is encouraging that the B's think Lauko and Zboril are that close to the NHL that they blocked them to be honest. I was really excited to see those guys together on the national team but I'm happy for Jan Mandat! If there is a world's and no NHL then this will be a better look. Pesan needs to see our D withour Hronek back there because the quality drop off after Hronek is huge.
Stransky was family reasons.. shame, he's have the year of his life right now! He'd probably crack an all Euro roster for the world's.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Another replacement on Czech roster: Robin Hanzl is replaced by Adam Zboril.

Every replacement has been much weaker than the guy he replaced.lol This went from a team I was excited to see to a team I will cheer for.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Why is Aaltonen out? Remember him being a big part of the Toronto Marlies AHL championship a couple years ago. Was wondering if he'd get an NHL shot in another club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad